Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-12-2007   #1
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Respect Earned, But Not Given

I've seen many, and participated in a few threads which focus on the media's disrespect for the Texans.
Mostly, it is pointed out that we have done nothing to earn respect as a team.

I think this is a valid opinion.

What I want to know, is how the Chronicle can possibly justify this page...
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4541745.html

I clicked on a link that says "Texans' Johnson Gears Up for the Pro Bowl".
Should I have been surprised to see a picture of Vince Young adorning the top of the page, and not a single picture of AJ to be found?

You can't say AJ didn't earn respect, I know that for sure. I usually don't take stuff too personally, but this is a blatant slap in the face, and I don't care what anyone says to try and rationalize the Chronicle's position. I will never be conVinced that this was a mere commission. Never.
That rag can burn for all I care. They will never get another nickel from me as long as we both co-exist.

[/rant]
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Respect Earned, But Not Given

Unless this team makes a trade for VY or RB then we wont get respect from the national media.

I thought this team had earned the respect of the local media but I guess not.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #3
mamoo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mamoo is on the Pro-Bowl ballotmamoo is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Read the article. Meagan Manfull did not travel to Hawaii, neither did a Chronicle photographer. They were stuck using what photographs the AP wire made available... and I'm betting AJ was not on that list. They used the next closest thing, which was Vince. They would have been better served not using a photo though.
mamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #4
amazingandre
All Pro

use ANY PHOTO OF AJ. you dont need one from the pro bowl......w/e thats b/s......i agree i will never buy a paper from them again......i never did...hahaha
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #5
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamoo View Post
Read the article. Meagan Manfull did not travel to Hawaii, neither did a Chronicle photographer. They were stuck using what photographs the AP wire made available... and I'm betting AJ was not on that list. They used the next closest thing, which was Vince. They would have been better served not using a photo though.
I couldn't get past the picture to read the article...
If the Chronicle can't come up with a picture of it's hometown football team's Pro Bowl reciever to put at the top of an article about it's hometown football team's Pro Bowl reciever, then maybe they need to report on a different topic, like Elvis sightings, or Alien abductions...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #6
tex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
]

I clicked on a link that says "Texans' Johnson Gears Up for the Pro Bowl".
Should I have been surprised to see a picture of Vince Young adorning the top of the page, and not a single picture of AJ to be found.

[/rant]
Do you mean Vince (fumble the ball) Young ? He didn't look to pro bowlish to me. How much you want to bet they don't show any pictures of super Vince fumbling the ball 3 times on one snap
tex is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read