Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-12-2007   #1
A-B

Default Lavar Arrington released today.

Just seen on ESPN he has been released. If we had a chance to get him would you want him?
Old 02-12-2007   #2
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas
Default Re: Lavar Arrington released today.

Yes hes mean hard hitter an jus plays with aggresion what we need but it depends on the price tooo~
Old 02-12-2007   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Arrington hasn't done anything since 2003 when he had six sacks.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187383

Guy's injury prone the past few years, and will probably want a somewhat "steep" contract for the what if factor.
http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/footb...=arr&player=64
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Giants | Arrington released
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:27:10 -0800

Michael Eisen, of Giants.com, reports the New York Giants have released LB LaVar Arrington
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #5
amazingandre
All Pro

GET HIM.....HE WOULD HELP SOLIDIFY OUR LINEBACKERS. It would save us a pick.....these are theplayers we need.....guys that are ok to good and in order to help our team grow and to teach the younger guys....
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #6
Buckle
Veteran

believe it or not I would rather have Arrington-Ryans-Greenwood. I think that Greenwood made excellent strides last year and made a good number of plays. I also think that if we could somehow get Arrington we should still get another young LB in an early round for depth and development.
Buckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #7
amazingandre
All Pro

Luke Petitgout ot releasedfrom giants also
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2007   #8
amazingandre
All Pro

Wow he was a LT too. i think we need to sign luke and lavar....jmo
Old 02-12-2007   #9
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carlos Emmons was also released.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #10
amazingandre
All Pro

ive nevr heard of him.....ill go get stats and post
Old 02-12-2007   #11
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Those are some pretty good players..new GM coming in to clean house. Would definately look at Arrington, Pettigout and Emmons, although he might be a MLB, not sure.
Old 02-12-2007   #12
AtheGreat
Veteran

we need petigout over lavar, but i'd take them both in an instant. anything that saves us a pick that comes at a reasonable price is ok with me. though, i dont know why they'd come to houston...
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #13
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

I would love to get Lavar Arrington, he could really really help us out with some leadership. He is a good player, he just had problems with the redskin management (go figure) and then was misfortunate with what happend this past year. Giants are trying to get younger it seems and free up some cap space. I think if we can get him for a decent price, it would really help us out. I am all for bringing him in.
Old 02-12-2007   #14
amazingandre
All Pro

This years stats as followed......played 12 games and had 62 total tackles and 49 were solo, 13 were assisted....1 sack and 2 pass deflections....no ff nor fr.....he is mediocre.....here is morlon greenwood our 2nd best lb.....he played 16 games and had 109 total tackles and 83 solo and 26 assist......1 sack 1 int and 2 passes deflected....2 ff and 3 fr.....now here is lavar arrington....i will post last years even though he only played 6 games...not fair to go to different years due to talent on teams and teams they play....so he had 16 total tackles and 14 solo, and 2 assisted, 1 sack and 3 pass deflections, 0 ff and 0 fr......it seems by looking that lavar is the better cover linebacker than both. i say pick up either one of the two
Old 02-12-2007   #15
AtheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
it seems by looking that lavar is the better cover linebacker than both. i say pick up either one of the two
yeah, i remember him being obnoxiously fast. when he was with the foreskins i remember seeing him cover WRs on spread sets every now and then. i'm loving the idea of him speed rushing behind a double-teamed mario on passing downs. think our D staff could have some fun with that.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #16
amazingandre
All Pro

i agree. he could be a huge boost to the defense. i like that idea of having him here.
Old 02-12-2007   #17
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Every fan from every team in the NFL just got excited. Except for maybe the Giants and Redskins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #18
Texan_Aggie222
Rookie

Nobody really interests me.......all are overpriced and old. They all have FA Busts written across their foreheads.
Texan_Aggie222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #19
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a reason why New York released him after one year... Something about that injury... I dont think LaVar will be the same explosive LB he once was. I think we're better off drafting a young linebacker IMO...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't Arrington known as a freelancer and uncontrolled type?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read