Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-11-2007   #1
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default PFT Mock Draft

Quote:
1. Oakland Raiders: JaMarcus Russell, quarterback, LSU.

2. Detroit Lions: Joe Thomas, offensive tackle, Wisconsin.

3. Cleveland Browns: Jamaal Anderson, defensive end, Arkansas.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Calvin Johnson, wide receiver, Georgia Tech.

5. Arizona Cardinals: Alan Branch, defensive tackle, Michigan.

6. Washington Redskins: Gaines Adams, defensive end, Clemson.

7. Minnesota Vikings: Brady Quinn, quarterback, Notre Dame.

8. Houston Texans: Adrian Peterson, running back, Oklahoma.

9. Miami Dolphins: Ted Ginn, Jr., wide receiver, Ohio State.

10. Atlanta Falcons: LaRon Landry, defensive back, LSU.

11. San Francisco 49ers: Amobi Okoye, defensive tackle, Louisville.

12. Buffalo Bills: Dwayne Bowe, wide receiver, LSU.

13. St. Louis Rams: Reggie Nelson, defensive back, Florida.

14. Carolina Panthers: Robert Meacham, wide receiver, Tennessee.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Levi Jones, offensive tackle, Penn State.

16. Green Bay Packers: DeMarcus Tyler, defensive tackle, North Carolina State.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jarvis Moss, defensive end, Florida.

18. Cincinnati Bengals: Leon Hall, defensive back, Michigan.

19. Tennessee Titans: Lawrence Timmons, linebacker, Florida State.

20. New York Giants: Craig Davis, wide receiver, LSU.

21. Denver Broncos: Marshawn Lynch, running back, California.

22. Dallas Cowboys: Anthony Gonzalez, wide receiver, Ohio State.

23. Kansas City Chiefs: Patrick Willis, linebacker, Mississippi.

24. New England Patriots (from Seattle): Arron Sears, offensive tackle, Tennessee.

25. New York Jets: Ben Grubbs, guard, Auburn.

26. Philadelphia Eagles: Zach Miller, tight end, Arizona State.

27. New Orleans Saints: Eric Wright, cornerback, UNLV.

28. New England Patriots: Aaron Ross, cornerback, Texas.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Anthony Spencer, defensive end, Purdue.

30. San Diego Chargers: Adam Carriker, defensive end, Nebraska.

31. Chicago Bears: Darrelle Revis, defensive back, Pittsburgh.

32. Indianapolis Colts: Joe Staley, offensive tackle, Central Michigan.
www.profootballtalk.com
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #2
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: PFT Mock Draft

2 things:

1) Levi Brown is the tackle from Penn State. Levi Jones is the tackle with the Bengals.
2) Dwayne Jarrett is a 1st round pick.
Old 02-11-2007   #3
baba ganoush
Veteran

no way anthony gonzalez goes in the first round...
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #4
ryansisgod
Veteran

what about paul posluszny??
Old 02-11-2007   #5
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

It just wouldn't be PFT if they didn't create SOME type of controversy . . .
Old 02-11-2007   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Jammal Anderson has never played in a 3-4. why would the Browns draft him?
Old 02-12-2007   #7
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Because very few colleges play a true 3-4 today.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2007   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
It just wouldn't be PFT if they didn't create SOME type of controversy . . .
and what's the controversy, exactly?
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #9
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
This guy looks to be the closest thing to Mario in this Draft and is looking more and more like a top 10er, and therefor would be wasted as a lineman in the 3-4. He's simply got 4-3 DE written all over him.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #10
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
This guy looks to be the closest thing to Mario in this Draft and is looking more and more like a top 10er, and therefor would be wasted as a lineman in the 3-4. He's simply got 4-3 DE written all over him.
Actually Mario would make a good 3-4 DE. I actually think he'd be better in a 3-4. If this guy is anything like Mario then they should definitely select him to play in that defense.
Old 02-12-2007   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

anderson is 10 pounds away from being a 3-4 DE.
Old 02-12-2007   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Actually Mario would make a good 3-4 DE. I actually think he'd be better in a 3-4. If this guy is anything like Mario then they should definitely select him to play in that defense.
I totally agree, but that was not my point. It would be a waste of valuable
football resources to waste either one of them on the 3-4 because those 3-4 guys are basically 2 gappers where speed and athleticism are less valuable than for 4-3 one-gappers.
To me its analogous to taking a gifted corner and playing him at safety, even
though he would be a very good safety.
You're 3-4 edge rushers are OLBs and not DEs.
Old 02-12-2007   #13
real

Quote:
I totally agree, but that was not my point. It would be a waste of valuable
football resources to waste either one of them on the 3-4 because those 3-4 guys are basically 2 gappers where speed and athleticism are less valuable than for 4-3 one-gappers.
To me its analogous to taking a gifted corner and playing him at safety, even
though he would be a very good safety.
You're 3-4 edge rushers are OLBs and not DEs.
I don't know if you've noticed, but Mario isn't really an "edge rusher"...

I'm not sure it'd be a waste of talent...I think he'd just be a really good 3-4 DE...
Old 02-12-2007   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't know if you've noticed, but Mario isn't really an "edge rusher"...
If he's playing DE most of the time he's on the field in the 4-3, he's playing on
the edge and will therefor rush the passer from the edge on passing plays.
Now if you are saying he was not effective, or atleast a consistantly effective edge rusher last year, I agree. And I do know that Kubiak is not
satisfyed with the pressure we're getting on QBs. None of us are.
But a player like Mario is just too athletic to waste in the 3-4 IMO, even though he'd be very effective. Playing a gap in the 4-3 will give his athleticism opportunites to be disruptive in ways it never could as a 3-4
guy, where he's tieing up blockers to let backers make the plays.
Many outstanding OLTs would also be very good guards, but does that make sense ?
Old 02-12-2007   #15
real

Quote:
If he's playing DE most of the time he's on the field in the 4-3, he's playing on
the edge and will therefor rush the passer from the edge on passing plays.
Now if you are saying he was not effective, or atleast a consistantly effective edge rusher last year, I agree. And I do know that Kubiak is not
satisfyed with the pressure we're getting on QBs. None of us are.
But a player like Mario is just too athletic to waste in the 3-4 IMO, even though he'd be very effective. Playing a gap in the 4-3 will give his athleticism opportunites to be disruptive in ways it never could as a 3-4
guy, where he's tieing up blockers to let backers make the plays.
Many outstanding OLTs would also be very good guards, but does that make sense ?
Mario is athletic FOR HIS SIZE.

Mario is not as athletic as your Dwight Freeney's, Jason Taylor's, Julius Peppers', Demarcus Ware or even Shawne Merriman...

The problem is that you think Mario is a good 4-3 DE, and I think he'd be better in the 3-4. With me it doesn't have anything to do with wasting talent. I think about Mario playing in San Diego's defense or Dallas' defense and IMO, he'd be better in those types of systems where he wouldn't be depended on to be the teams sole ruher...He's not that kind of DE IMO.
Old 02-12-2007   #16
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
anderson is 10 pounds away from being a 3-4 DE.
I dont think 10 pounds is that much of a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #17
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
I dont think 10 pounds is that much of a difference.
Me neither. Especially if you have the talent.
Old 02-12-2007   #18
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Mario is athletic FOR HIS SIZE.
Mario is not as athletic as your Dwight Freeney's, Jason Taylor's, Julius Peppers', Demarcus Ware or even Shawne Merriman...
The problem is that you think Mario is a good 4-3 DE, and I think he'd be better in the 3-4. With me it doesn't have anything to do with wasting talent. I think about Mario playing in San Diego's defense or Dallas' defense and IMO, he'd be better in those types of systems where he wouldn't be depended on to be the teams sole ruher...He's not that kind of DE IMO.
I still think he is the prototype player for strongside DE, but would agree that
a slightly quicker athlete even if smaller and not as strong would be more suited for the weakside. Of the players you have listed. I believe all play the weakside except for Peppers ?
If Mario is in fact a truer 3-4 than 4-3 DE, Kubiak has made an even bigger
miscalculation in assessing Mario's talents and value than many have already feared.
Old 02-12-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

williams is so freakishly talented it doesn't really matter in the end. he's still going to be an amazing player.
Old 02-12-2007   #20
real

Quote:
I still think he is the prototype player for strongside DE, but would agree that
a slightly quicker athlete even if smaller and not as strong would be more suited for the weakside. Of the players you have listed. I believe all play the weakside except for Peppers ?
If Mario is in fact a truer 3-4 than 4-3 DE, Kubiak has made an even bigger
miscalculation in assessing Mario's talents and value than many have already feared.
I really don't have a problem with Mario being a SDE in our defense. But at this point I do have a problem with the Weaver signing. They essentially are paying two SDE big money. I honestly think the best solution at this pointis to play Weaver at DT full time, which IMO is a total waste. Both of those guys would look real good as two 3-4 DE's though..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read