Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-11-2007   #1
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Default Peterson at 8?

Well it looks like we have someone else besides the Browns ahead of us that might need a runningback. On the NFL.Com home page they said the Lions might be after one, with Jones possibly missing half of the season.
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98311 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peterson at 8?

The Lions have a much bigger hole on the Dline. I don't see Matt taking another skill position on offense.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #3
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
The Lions have a much bigger hole on the Dline. I don't see Matt taking another skill position on offense.
It's the lions and Matt Millen skill positions are ALL he drafts. Would not shock me at all.
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #4
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

As I posted in the other thread about this, I don't think they'd take Peterson, I think if anything they'd grab a later round RB that's been in more of a pass-heavy system or grab a veteran. But given that Matt Millen is still in charge of the team you never know. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see them take Calvin Johnson if he's available either.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle View Post
As I posted in the other thread about this, I don't think they'd take Peterson, I think if anything they'd grab a later round RB that's been in more of a pass-heavy system or grab a veteran.
I dunno, but if Reggie Bush couldn't pass big Bobby McNairs "gotta be a goodie 2 shoes" test for accepting free rent for his parents from an agent, how could Lynch, who was just charged with beating the crap out of his girlfriend, pass that same test ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #6
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57863 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

For those in love with AP @ 8 this might be music to your ears;

Browns | Team interested in Russell?
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 06:15:07 -0800

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports Cleveland Browns owner Randy Lerner reportedly told a local television station that he would like to select LSU QB JaMarcus Russell with the team's No. 1 pick in April's NFL Draft.

Now don't get to excited this could be hocus pocus or a little jockeying for position. For the Texans to have a shot at AP their major obstacle is the Browns.
Old 02-11-2007   #7
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Well I know that Phil Savage loves JaMarcus Russell because JaMarcus would attend his Mobile, AL football camp every year while in Junior High and High School.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2007   #8
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno, but if Reggie Bush couldn't pass big Bobby McNairs "gotta be a goodie 2 shoes" test for accepting free rent for his parents from an agent, how could Lynch, who was just charged with beating the crap out of his girlfriend, pass that same test ?
1. I believe the thing with Reggie wasn't so much that he and his family accepted money from an agent, but more of when asked by McNair if he accepted money from an agent he lied and said no, which made McNair question whether he could rely on him being the face of his franchise if he can't trust his word.

2. Weren't the charges against Marshawn dropped?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #9
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Well I know that Phil Savage loves JaMarcus Russell because JaMarcus would attend his Mobile, AL football camp every year while in Junior High and High School.
yeah it's not a joke, the browns are very serious about getting JaMarcus. It all depends on what the raiders want to do, it sounds more and more likely they will take JaMarcus becacuse the raiders are interviewing JaMarcus' personal QB coach to fill the same position in Oakland. but don't be suprised to see the browns try to make a move for him.
Old 02-11-2007   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes View Post
yeah it's not a joke, the browns are very serious about getting JaMarcus. It all depends on what the raiders want to do, it sounds more and more likely they will take JaMarcus becacuse the raiders are interviewing JaMarcus' personal QB coach to fill the same position in Oakland. but don't be suprised to see the browns try to make a move for him.
Which would put Millen in a position to be a stinking Genious for a change. Everybody sets deals in place to see What crazy Al does, then pull the trigger on a deal after the raiders make their pick. Millon gets the player(s) he wants and picks up aditional picks to go RB shoping in the second. The trading partner gets someone they covet at a bargin price. Same thing that was happening last year after we picked Mario. No one wants to over pay for the skill guys. See Atlanta and Vick's cap number.
Old 02-11-2007   #11
TexansCanes
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Which would put Millen in a position to be a stinking Genious for a change. Everybody sets deals in place to see What crazy Al does, then pull the trigger on a deal after the raiders make their pick. Millon gets the player(s) he wants and picks up aditional picks to go RB shoping in the second. The trading partner gets someone they covet at a bargin price. Same thing that was happening last year after we picked Mario. No one wants to over pay for the skill guys. See Atlanta and Vick's cap number.
yeah, similar to what he did in 04 with the browns when they picked up an extra second to switch firsts.
Old 02-11-2007   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Well it's looking like Adrian's stock is rising rapidly and that means he probably won't last till the 8th pick. Still there's a long way to go and we haven't even started the Combine yet. But if Adrian's stock continues to rise through this month and March the Texans will not be in position to pick A.D.
Old 02-11-2007   #13
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I can't believe you used "Matt Millen" and "genius" in the same sentence. That guy might be the one executive in the NFL dumber than Charley Casserly.

I just hope the Lions pass on Joe Thomas. Because if they do I don't see how Cleveland can take AP over Thomas which will lead him to fall to us at #8in all likelihood.

I'll tell you the team that makes me nervous is Minnesota. Not that they will draft Peterson, but they are desperate for a #1 WR. After Calvin Johnson is gone Jarrett, Ginn, Bowe are all rated pretty close. I could see Minnesota trading back with someone (like Green Bay who LOVES Peterson) and still getting one of those WRs...
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #14
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Not getting AP wouldn't be the end of the world. Lynch would still be there.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Not getting AP wouldn't be the end of the world. Lynch would still be there.
Why draft Lynch at #8 when he will be there at #20?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #16
real

On this board amongst a few members it almost seems as if it is a forgone conclusion that Peterson where be there at eight.

If he isn't, where do we go from there ?
Old 02-12-2007   #17
Buckle
Veteran

trade down a couple of spots if possible and get either our Safety or Levi Brown to shore up our offensive line problems. I would almost rather get Brown because I think there is a good chance a top safety falls into round 2.
Buckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #18
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems that the 3 biggies are Johnson , Russell , and Thomas .

Oakland ... I think will take either Russell or Johnson .

Detroit ... I think will take Thomas or Russell .

Cleveland ... I think will take Russell or Peterson .

Tampa ... will take whoever falls out of the big three , Quinn or the DE they like .

Arizona ... Thomas or DE or Branch .

Redskins ... Branch , Anderson , Adams .

Vikings ... DE that falls or Peterson .

Texans ... Peterson ... Branch ... Anderson ... Quinn ... Adams ... trade down .
Old 02-12-2007   #19
Buckle
Veteran

Don't forget Okoye he could be a tough player to turn down at 8 if Peterson was gone as well, could be that interior d-line presence that we have been looking for, similar to the Bears Tommi Harris, who just blows up plays in the middle all day long!
Buckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #20
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckle View Post
Don't forget Okoye he could be a tough player to turn down at 8 if Peterson was gone as well, could be that interior d-line presence that we have been looking for, similar to the Bears Tommi Harris, who just blows up plays in the middle all day long!
I agree ... I think he and Russell have the biggest upside . Actually you could put him on the Tampa maybe's .

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read