Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Going Across the Middle

Watching the pro bowl skills they had a segment in which the players told about their favorites catches.....andre said he thinks it is cool and that he liked how guys go acroos the middle and get hit real hard and hang onto the ball. he had this look....do you think possibly it is him who doesnt want to do across the middle to catch the ball? everyone always says its the qb, it may be late and i may be tired or whatever but does anyone know of a time that aj went across the middle and got jacked or when he actually did like a 10 yard in? not a slant or anything a straight up in?

Well if we ever get the line to hold for a five step drop...I guess we'll find out someday. I'm not going to hold my breath on it though. I don't recall ever seeing A.J. aligator arm a target intended for him. In fact...I've seen him going out of his way for balls that were thrown short. Perfect shot for a rib job by a saftey. Especially in our division. A.J.'s only problem is between the ears. He still wants to cradel the ball at times intead of sticking his hands out and snatching the ball out of the air. Why he does this is anyones guess. He's proven beyond doubt that he has nice, soft hands. Just between the ears. He's improved his hands radically since college. He was worth the pick.

Watching the pro bowl skills they had a segment in which the players told about their favorites catches.....andre said he thinks it is cool and that he liked how guys go acroos the middle and get hit real hard and hang onto the ball. he had this look....do you think possibly it is him who doesnt want to do across the middle to catch the ball? everyone always says its the qb, it may be late and i may be tired or whatever but does anyone know of a time that aj went across the middle and got jacked or when he actually did like a 10 yard in? not a slant or anything a straight up in?

A slant can be just as bad. I remeber against Buffalo he had to reach to get a pass on a slant and he got hit hard, but he held on to the ball. I think we should stop blaming our best player for some of these problems.

Andre goes across the middle often. He makes catches in the middle of the field. It helps that he is a monster physically as he is able to avoid most big hits.

im not blaming andre he is my favorite player.....look at my name.....anyway, i am just suggesting other options that could be the reason for our inconsistent offensive play.......i apoligize if it sounded as if i was BLAMING anyway......

Back