Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-10-2007   #1
falconsrock

Default Is it true you guys want Vick ?

Hello this is my time on the Texans Message Boards . Good Luck in 07 . I hate to be the bearer of bad news but he's not going to be traded at least not this year and who would you trade for him anyway ?
Old 02-10-2007   #2
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP
Default Re: Is it true you guys want Vick ?

Welcome to the board. I don't think anyone really thinks we are going to get Vick. There maybe some who want him, but personally, I don't.

Good luck in '07 to you too.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think fans have perpetuated this rumor, but nothing in the local/nat'l media has brought it up.

Plus, with our owner's emphasis on 'good character' guys, I think Vick's recent troubles would prevent him from even being considered by our FO.
Old 02-10-2007   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I enjoy watching Vick play. I would not enjoy him being a Texan - to much money, off field issues and being injury prone does not light my fire. Throw the Vick rumors on the funeral pyre.
Old 02-10-2007   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
I enjoy watching Vick play. I would not enjoy him being a Texan - to much money, off field issues and being injury prone does not light my fire. Throw the Vick rumors on the funeral pyre.
I would trade Carr for Vick if they would throw in their #10 & pay half of Vick's contract.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007   #6
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconsrock View Post
Hello this is my time on the Texans Message Boards . Good Luck in 07 . I hate to be the bearer of bad news but he's not going to be traded at least not this year and who would you trade for him anyway ?
Could we get Wayne Gandy and/or Matt Lehr and just let you guys hang on to MV?
Old 02-10-2007   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
Could we get Wayne Gandy and/or Matt Lehr and just let you guys hang on to MV?
Can we have Jerious Norwood too?
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2007   #8
amazingandre
All Pro

Why we are at it throw in Ashley Lelie as well. He will help stretch the field and eventually reaplace moulds at the nuber 2.
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007   #9
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Can we have Jerious Norwood too?
If he's healthy, he would be an awsome addition to the Texans!
Old 02-10-2007   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
Why we are at it throw in Ashley Lelie as well. He will help stretch the field and eventually reaplace moulds at the nuber 2.
Ashley Lelie?

Yea he is fast.

But I dont wanna pay a guy just to draw coverage away from AJ.

I want a guy who can do that and still catch the ball if it is actually thrown to him.
Old 02-10-2007   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally have no interest in seeing Vick in a Texans uniform.

Taking into consideration my (low) opinion of Texans QB play that probably doesn't make a lot of sense but that's how I feel. I think we could do better with less at that spot if you get my meaning.
Old 02-10-2007   #12
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 5378 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconsrock View Post
I personally don't want Vick here myself. However, there fans and posters on this board that want ABC. (Anyone But Carr)

Last edited by Pantherstang84; 02-10-2007 at 11:16 PM. Reason: spelling error
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Further not just no ...but

Hell No !.

Got it. What's the cap hit on the fifty per cent passer superman this year any ways ? What new recievers are you guys going to bring in this off season that he won't hit fifty percent of the time ? Inquiring minds would like to know ? We all ready got a train wrecked QB, thanks but no thanks.
Old 02-11-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I would rather have Matt Schaub than Vick. I think Schaub is a good QB and hope he gets traded to another team so he can actually play.

Vick will be way too expensive to get rid of. I wouldn't want to pick him up. And Schaub would be too expensive for us to pick up....he's still a RFA...is that 2 years in a row...and is that possible/legal!? We need all the picks that we can get so schaub wouldn't be worth it to us anywho.

no vick. no schaub for us....thanks though...

good luck in 07 to you too. i wanted yall to win the SB last year...i picked you before the season but lost 5 bucks. i think we can beat tampa and carolina next year but atlanta and new orleans will be tougher.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Personally I would rather have Matt Schaub than Vick. I think Schaub is a good QB and hope he gets traded to another team so he can actually play.

Vick will be way too expensive to get rid of. I wouldn't want to pick him up. And Schaub would be too expensive for us to pick up....he's still a RFA...is that 2 years in a row...and is that possible/legal!? We need all the picks that we can get so schaub wouldn't be worth it to us anywho.

no vick. no schaub for us....thanks though...

good luck in 07 to you too. i wanted yall to win the SB last year...i picked you before the season but lost 5 bucks. i think we can beat tampa and carolina next year but atlanta and new orleans will be tougher.
I don't get what teams see in Matt Schaub. He's started a total of 2 games in his career. I think everyone believes Schaub is a good QB because the media says he is.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #16
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

In short, no Texan fan with aspirations of improving our team now or in the future, want or hope or even dream that Vick would be on our team. Nobody here wants him, and you are stuck with him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read