Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Dr. Z's Power Ranking

axman40

Hall of Fame
NFL Power Rankings
Rank LW Team

15 15 Houston Texans (2-3)
I saw Andre Johnson for the first time this year and I didn't believe what I was seeing. The game he had against the Vikings was about the best WR performance I've seen in two years or so. So I called their PR director, Tony Wylie. Has he been doing this every week? "Well, he's been so impressive that he got a call from Isaac Bruce, telling him he was a credit to south Florida," Tony said. I don't think I'd go that far, unless he was from my old street in Washington Heights, Cabrini Blvd., but wow, what a talent.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/dr_z/10/13/drz.rankings/index.html
:cool:

Guess we got some real exposure with that OT game against the Vikes. Lot
of people saw a couple of the talented individuals we've got down here. If
we end up winning some games this year (not just 4 or 5), some guys like
AJ and Sharper might get to Hawaii - they deserve to.

nunusguy said:
Guess we got some real exposure with that OT game against the Vikes. Lot
of people saw a couple of the talented individuals we've got down here. If
we end up winning some games this year (not just 4 or 5), some guys like
AJ and Sharper might get to Hawaii - they deserve to.

Don't count out Carr. He's having an excellent year thus far. Pennington is having a good year also, but Carr is making some crazy throws and putting up some good numbers. Carr would probably have better numbers if he got to play Miami, Buffalo, and Cincy like Pennington has, but oh well.

Maybe we can get a Monday Night game next year. As with ALL sports teams they will get more exposure as they suceed more. If Carr and Johnson keep this up, folks will be clamoring to make money off them.

Jwwillis said:
If Carr and Johnson keep this up, folks will be clamoring to make money off them.
I used to think it would be difficult for one of our guys to be a success peddling products,commercials,etc. since we're not on the East or West coast
or Northeast and we compete with the Cowboys for attention here in Texas.
But I've changed my mind about that - Peyton Manning is a huge sports/celebrity personality and I think Indy may be one of the smallest markets in the country ? And by the way, Manning deserves it - the guy is a tremendous QB and he's got an appealing personality in a good 'ole boy sorta way. Like Bradshaw but not an obnoxous jerk. Bradshaw can be funny (sometimes).
Be interesting to see how they could package Carr. Handsome, poised, and
personable - yea he's got potential off the field to.

Peyton Manning on Mike Vanderjagt

"....He's just an Id-iot Kicker."

Hey Peyton , your Id-iot kicker is 42 outa 43 the last 2 seasons.

Maybe DC needs an Id-iot O-line ?

lol:

It is nice to see the Texans getting a bit of respect from the media and around the league as well . Every team that lines up across from them knows darn well they are in for a fight :boxing:

Yea did you catch his comment on the Texans in his opening paragragph?

''Texans fought back and then choked in OT.''

Read a little more and you realize he's just a sore loser because he went 2-7 on his picks last week.

RTP2110 said:
Yea did you catch his comment on the Texans in his opening paragragph?

''Texans fought back and then choked in OT.''

Read a little more and you realize he's just a sore loser because he went 2-7 on his picks last week.

Perhaps, but he's SI's official team-ranker and he picked the Texans to beat the Vikings.

Back