Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-08-2007   #1
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve
Default [Canton Repository]: Colts S Mike Doss voids final yr of contract.

could be another option along with Michael Lewis.

Mike Doss has enjoyed his four-year career in Indianapolis. Now, the former McKinley High School and Ohio State All-American is ready to taste a different part of the league.

Doss and his agent, Tom Condon, informed the Super Bowl champion Colts that Doss would void the fifth year of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent. Indianapolis signed the second-round pick to a four-year contract with a fifth year that was voidable if Doss met certain incentives.

"I'm looking forward to this process," Doss said of becoming a free agent. "There's still a month left until things start to happen. It's kind of mixed emotions. The Colts gave me my first opportunity in the league, and I'll always be grateful for that. It was an opportunity to play with those guys and build relationships over the years."

Doss played in six games this past season before tearing a ligament in his knee in October. Indianapolis placed him on injured reserve.

He traveled to Miami with the team and was on the sideline during Super XLI. Doss also took part in a parade Monday through downtown Indianapolis.

"You have to understand this is a business, and business is business," Doss said. "You move on in life, and sometimes for the better, and I believe this will be for the best."

Doss said he anticipated being a salary-cap casualty during the offseason.

He will become one of the top-five unrestricted free-agent safeties on the market. Jacksonville's Deon Grant, Seattle's Ken Hamlin and restricted free-agent Gibril Wilson are others.

http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?I...bCategoryID=30
Old 02-08-2007   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: [Canton Repository]: Colts S Mike Doss voids final yr of contract.

There are plenty of upgrades out there at safety this year and if we cant land any of those guys then I will not be very pleased.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read