Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How many years until fans stop supporting the texans.
1-2 15 31.25%
2-3 9 18.75%
3-5 24 50.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2007   #41
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fan Support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan View Post
Yeah i was /so mad the year after they left, here in houston they could never make it to one, but after they moved they made it to the superbowl. It figures.
At the time, there was this one guy that worked from my wife from Nashville. He sent her a couple of Tennessee Oilers t-shirts: one for her, one for me.

They still haven't found the body.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #42
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Oh when oh when will or championhip days be

The 7 more months of off season is killing me

We got a new coach, And he's really good

So i'll see a championship before i leave this world.

"keep supporting kubs will bring us to the promise land, it will take some time, but we'll get there"
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #43
Exithios
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Exithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVPExithios was voted MVP

Need to add "When the Texans move to another city" to that menu. I'll be a Texan til the end... Just like I was as an Oiler fan.
Exithios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #44
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ3 View Post
on another note...why hasn't las vegas ever had a football team? or any major sports team? seems like a big enough market and surely...SURELY someone in las vegas has enough maholians to buy an expansion team. or the bills...it's not like new york wouldn't have 400 other teams to root for...
pure and simple. Legalized gambling.

Instant death of a sport and reincarnation as wrestling. Quite possibly the worst imaginable eternal end in the entire spectrum of afterlife theories.
Old 02-08-2007   #45
ib4texans
Veteran

I'll always be a fan of the Red,White & Blue. No matter what people at the office or stores want to think, I am a fan. What others think does not influence me in any way!

If they change the team to the Denver Broncos that is when enough is enough, I am tired of the discarded Bronco's players being signed because they know the system. We start to lose our identity as team when you have an abundance of players, coach and GM all from one other organization. Kubes and Smith ar good to go,but after that enough for the job security if the Broncos's dump you.
Old 02-08-2007   #46
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
I'll always be a fan of the Red,White & Blue. No matter what people at the office or stores want to think, I am a fan. What others think does not influence me in any way!

If they change the team to the Denver Broncos that is when enough is enough, I am tired of the discarded Bronco's players being signed because they know the system. We start to lose our identity as team when you have an abundance of players, coach and GM all from one other organization. Kubes and Smith ar good to go,but after that enough for the job security if the Broncos's dump you.
Yeah kubs, shanahan, J Putzier, Ron Dayne. I think JP is an alright player to have, RD did a nice job last season. Now if it continues i will be worried. So does that mean your against getting Plummer ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #47
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Define people and define support.

In general, I feel like Houston is a very fickle town. But some of us are grateful for the NFL and are fans until the end.
I think this is exactly right. Most of those who post or visit this board will probably be with the Texans to the end, but the city of Houston as a whole has a very bandwagon mentality. Just talk to a casual fan of the Rockets or Astros when they are going through a losing streak, it'll be the end of the world and the Rockets/Astros will be the worst team in the league. Go to a game during the regular season and the stadium will be half empty. However, when the playoffs start and we're in it, the stadiums will be packed and all will tell you how they never doubted, never wavered...right. This town is fickle indeed.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-08-2007   #48
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah kubs, shanahan, J Putzier, Ron Dayne. I think JP is an alright player to have, RD did a nice job last season. Now if it continues i will be worried. So does that mean your against getting Plummer ?

Yeah, I am not crazy about getting Plummer. I think he's to much of a risk at this point. He did execute well with Kubiak,however that was in Denver. I am not too high on Carr right now, but at best I feel we're only trading across the board. At worst we could end up with an interception throwing overpayed QB,which many would argue we already have. If any of you all have watched Plummer,his attitude won't fly with the fans. He is a Prima Donna that throws fits as soon as the criticizm hits him. Nobody wants to admit it but one more year of Carr is what it will take and then we can move on.
Old 02-08-2007   #49
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAddict View Post
I think this is exactly right. Most of those who post or visit this board will probably be with the Texans to the end, but the city of Houston as a whole has a very bandwagon mentality. Just talk to a casual fan of the Rockets or Astros when they are going through a losing streak, it'll be the end of the world and the Rockets/Astros will be the worst team in the league. Go to a game during the regular season and the stadium will be half empty. However, when the playoffs start and we're in it, the stadiums will be packed and all will tell you how they never doubted, never wavered...right. This town is fickle indeed.
AMEN!
Old 02-08-2007   #50
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAddict View Post
I undersatand what u are trying to say, but at the same time, you have to understand the frustrations every city goes through when their team isn't doing well...We all have to be guilty of being bandwagon fans when we are angry...I'm a diehard Spurs fan as well and iam angry as hell at them for sucking the way they've been this year, but doesn't mean i still don't love em....Thats why iam angry at them because i love this em....As i do the Texans, through frustrations and all...Just a matter of, are you going to go to another team and support them, till they start doing bad as well???
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007   #51
Doug
All Pro

Quote:
the support on here is all well and good-but most of the fans that just watch it on t.v. and maybe go to a game or two aren't exactly as committed as the people here.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here but I'm trying to understand how watching my team on tv and going to a game once or twice a year makes me any less committed to this team than others (if I weren't a part of this message board). Please explain that to me before I go any further with my comments.....
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007   #52
ROCKY
Rookie

Ill never give up on my Texans.

ROCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007   #53
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

I'll always support our hometown team, but think most of the area would bail after 3-5 yrs.
Old 02-09-2007   #54
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here but I'm trying to understand how watching my team on tv and going to a game once or twice a year makes me any less committed to this team than others (if I weren't a part of this message board). Please explain that to me before I go any further with my comments.....
To some, if you do not bleed the colors of the team's jersey, offer any criticisms or make any complaints, you sir are a big NONO! I prefer to watch football and basketball on tv in my house. Baseball I prefer in person.
Old 02-09-2007   #55
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 14 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

I was a fan of the Oilers until they decided to leave me.

I became a die-hard fan of the Oilers the day they drafted Earl. Before that, I was an NFL fan who preferred the local team, which happened to be the Oilers.

Now I am an NFL fan who prefers the local team, which happens to be the Texans.

They had a chance to make me a die-hard fan, and they missed it.

They will have to do something other than just exist to capture my heart.
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007   #56
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
um...don't people gamble on sports all the time anyway? i'm not saying you are wrong at all, but would the gambling in las vegas really bring a team or a sport down?
No,no.. not the fans. The players, the coaches, the FO and so forth.

If those guys are caught gambling... for sure it will tarnish the sport. No doubt about it.

even myself, I would give up on the NFL if it happened... twice.

EDIT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Match_fixing
Match Fixing

this will explain it better. ( yes tanking for the #1 pick in Bush Bowl counts too, but it's not the same as throwing a game for somebody to make money on a bet )

The NFL has had some close calls before in the 60's and the latest was Clarence
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2553084

EDIT AGAIN:
http://sportsline.com/nfl/story/9961370

Here's an even better reason not have the NFL in Vegas. Schlicter.

Last edited by TwinSisters; 02-09-2007 at 12:20 PM. Reason: add Wiki entry: Sieg Heil!!
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007   #57
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Texan fan till the end.
I bled Columbia blue. Until they left town.
Disregard the fair weather fans. They're in every town.
Shoot, if I quit the Texans, I'd have to get my tattoo taken off....No way!
Old 02-11-2007   #58
UvaldeTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 UvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performerUvaldeTexan is a Legendary performer

Wont give up on the Texans.
Old 02-11-2007   #59
Osso
Veteran

there isn't a never choice!

I will always support this team as long as it stays in Texas
Old 02-11-2007   #60
texan_fan_8
Rookie

Quote:
How much longer will the people of houston support the texans if they continue to have losing seasons ? Personally i remember when there was NO football in Houston and i am just glad to have it back so my support wont go away. But i'm sure people will get tired of it if things dont get better. BUT i do see them getting better.
This a bit of a stupid question if you ask me. I will support them as long as they are trying. I will not support them if they do not make the hard choices in their players and stick with a loser like Carr (not to make this a carr thread). Point is this, a team like we were in the first 2 -2.5 seasons, a team with a lot of heart i will always support. Period.
texan_fan_8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read