Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: How many years until fans stop supporting the texans.
1-2 15 31.25%
2-3 9 18.75%
3-5 24 50.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2007   #21
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Re: Fan Support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfscar View Post
There isn't a time limit. Your team's your team, through thick and thin ... no matter how thin it gets.
meh.

not if it's 1996, then you are ...how is it?

whatever it is in Gaelic... that I couldn't type anyway because the Gaelic filter would just block it even if I could.
Old 02-07-2007   #22
old football fan
Veteran

My TEXANS, win or lose, always my TEXANS!!
old football fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan View Post
Ok if you read my post, that is if you can read i said "Personally i remember when there was NO football in Houston and i am just glad to have it back so my support wont go away." ! SOOO It was more of an opinion on how long until we didnt sell out every year. Do you read before you write ?
Actually, in a case like this, no. When there's a poll, I answer the poll question and then make a reply, and then go through and read all the responses. So... when creating a poll, don't expect people to read the first post before answering it or replying. I think you can tell by a lot of the responses that a lot of people did the same thing.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #24
texansfan1974
Veteran

I will follow the Texans to HELL If I have to. You can't build a history with out loses. Thats when the fans should be the strongest. The reason Green Bay, New York, Philly, etc. have a great history is the fan support. They were bad at times to, heck they are bad now. Support your Texans the wins will come. Will you be ready, I know I will.
Old 02-07-2007   #25
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in it for the long haul, and will be a Texans fanatic as long as they have "Houston" as part of the name.

But, judging from the empty stands during last season's games, I am in the minority of Houston's fans.

I no longer defend our hometown fans...not after watching an overwhelming number of them sport our enemy's jerseys because of one player, booing our team, and avoiding attending games that were already paid for. This town of 3 million+ probably has about 30,000 true Texans fans (through thick and thin). The rest of the population are front runners and band-waggoners. We are not a 'sports town' in the traditional sense.
Old 02-07-2007   #26
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Define people and define support.

In general, I feel like Houston is a very fickle town. But some of us are grateful for the NFL and are fans until the end.
People, The rulers of the planet earth, more specific would be houstonians who keep up with football.

Support, As in buying tickets and attending the games. More specific Arizona Cardinals < When will our fans support us like theirs do .

GOOD ENOUGH ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #27
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Never giving up on the Texans. They're our team and quitting on them would just prove that you were never a true fan. We all and moan and complain about things, but that's what sports is all about.
Old 02-07-2007   #28
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

The Texans will always have fans here but you can already tell that the support is beginning to fall. As a hobby, I watch PSL prices on e-bay and on an occasion brokered a few deals.

Last year at this time there was maybe 1 to 3 PSL for sale at any given time on e-bay. This year is a different story. Currently there are 9+/- PSL for sale and only two have bids. One PSL (with a bid) is currently priced at less the 50% of face value. Along with the PSLs there are several sets of season tickets also with no bids.

If you want out of your PSLs right now and can get face value for them, consider yourself lucky.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #29
trutexan02
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to trutexan02 Send a message via Yahoo to trutexan02

I have been a fan of Houston football since 86. I will continue to buy tickets and travel from Shreveport LA to Houston for games for as long as Houston has a team. Unfortunatly our fans are so "win or else". I believe that the support has already begun to fade. For the first time since the our teams birth, I was able to buy single game tickets last year and I've tried every year. Our team loses again next year (GOD FORBID) and the stadium will be even emptier than it was that past year which was pretty empty compared to years past.
trutexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #30
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

NEVER

Old 02-07-2007   #31
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The city will always have loyal supporters, most of whom are not the type with the kind of money to go to games. Of the season ticket holders I know, they seem to complain a lot and don't go to every game. Of the loyal fans I know, we all watch every game, every highlight show, and the draft to watch our team, though we can't afford to go to games. Same thing that's happened to the Rockets.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #32
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i'm not going to stop supporting the texans, but it seems like many in houston already have.
Old 02-07-2007   #33
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Forever.

I still remember after the Oilers left....how hard it was to even watch the NFL. I even tried following the Broncos for a season as I used to live there, but it wasn't the same.

Go Texans!
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #34
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

i wont answer the poll because there isnt a FOREVER option......thats part of being a die hard fan you support em through thick and thin, it worries me that sometimes fans feel like if a team is doin bad they have a sentence like they're on death row.....when will this team die kinda thing. i hate that mentality.
Old 02-07-2007   #35
swoldier
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16 View Post
i wont answer the poll because there isnt a FOREVER option......thats part of being a die hard fan you support em through thick and thin, it worries me that sometimes fans feel like if a team is doin bad they have a sentence like they're on death row.....when will this team die kinda thing. i hate that mentality.
I didnt answer either!!
Old 02-07-2007   #36
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in it for the long haul. Good or bad, right or wrong.
Old 02-08-2007   #37
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Seems to me like the assumption is the Texans will forever be losers.

With a rookie coach, lot's of dead weight from the previous admistration, key injuries, the guys still had a 300% improvement this year. They beat the team that just a few weeks later won the Superbowl. They have the number 1 receiver in the league, defensive rookie of the year, solid vets like DRob, promising rookies like Daniels, Mario, etc.

The Texans are still a young team in the process of growing up, and I just can't see putting a child up for adoption because he doesn't meet all of my expectations on my timetable.

Texans, for better for worse!!!
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #38
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah I couldn't answer this poll either, because forever (unless McNair pulls a Bud) wasn't on it.

Lightning barely strikes twice and never strikes three times (unless your LA) so Houston BETTER get behind this team and stay there no matter what, which is exactly what I'm prepared to do.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #39
TexanFan23
HoustonTexans#1

Rep Power: 16 TexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden coverTexanFan23 could be on the next Madden cover

New Stadium, New Team, the team will be in Houston for atleast 30 years..

I'm sure there will be atleast a few winning seasons in there.

Besides, It's gonna be an all-Texas super bowl this year...

TexanFan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #40
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Forever.

I still remember after the Oilers left....how hard it was to even watch the NFL. I even tried following the Broncos for a season as I used to live there, but it wasn't the same.

Go Texans!
Yeah i was /so mad the year after they left, here in houston they could never make it to one, but after they moved they made it to the superbowl. It figures.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read