Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-07-2007   #1
TexansTrue#1Fan
Rookie

Exclamation Carr to be traded!!!! (rumor mill cnnsi.com)

Great news everyone, as y'all expected Carr will be traded
According to CNNSI.com, the Houston Chronicle states Carr will be traded:

David Carr will be traded, and Jake Plummer will be the Texans quarterback next season. Plummer will compete with Sage Rosenfels and a rookie Gary Kubiak wants to develop.
-- Houston Chronicle

Here's the link:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...nfl/index.html

We're finally getting back on track
TexansTrue#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr to be traded!!!!

If true.... fine by me. Now the question remains... who wants him, and for how much?

Last edited by Tailgate; 02-07-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #3
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Well, Plummer will only be a band-aid. I hope to God that the rookie develops fast...
Old 02-07-2007   #4
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

I'm okay with Carr being traded, but I wish Sage would be given the job, and another vet brought in to back him up.
Old 02-07-2007   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

That article means nothing until it actually happens.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #6
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Wow can't wait to hear this official from sports shows. Also curious as to who he will be handing the ball off to.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #7
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61663 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

That is a quote from the Chronicle and at this stage is more rumor than any truth.
Old 02-07-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrue#1Fan View Post

David Carr will be traded, and Jake Plummer will be the Texans quarterback next season. Plummer will compete with Sage Rosenfels and a rookie Gary Kubiak wants to develop.
-- Houston Chronicle

Here's the link:

Show me the chronicle article. This article was in the truth and rumors section. I can easily see this happening...but we have to find a trading partner for David Carr we like....AND sign Jake Plummer.

Has Jake been released by the Broncos? Have we set up a trade between the Broncos and us for him? If he becomes a FA he has to want to come here...he could go somewhere else for a starting job for more money and not have to compete with sage...

just a lot of questions still and untill I see more concrete evidence i will take this with a grain of salt.

Anybody see on ESPN this morning those senior drills? Drew Stanton looked pretty accurate in the first drills...i didn't get to see any more qb stuff though...hope he's there in the 3rd for us????
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrue#1Fan View Post

-- Houston Chronicle

Here's the link:

CNNSI is reading more into it than what there is so far. They're going off the same article that we read yesterday.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #10
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 433 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
I'm okay with Carr being traded, but I wish Sage would be given the job, and another vet brought in to back him up.
We don't know for sure Sage's ability. You can't just say.."Here Sage...the offense is yours". When Plummer comes in, him and Sage will battle it out for the starting job. Plummer im sure is better than Sage and he knows the playbook already.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #11
old football fan
Veteran

That statement was in John McClains blog or column. Nothing really to it, well no truth anyway.
old football fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #12
real

love it.
Old 02-07-2007   #13
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Show me the chronicle article. This article was in the truth and rumors section. I can easily see this happening...but we have to find a trading partner for David Carr we like....AND sign Jake Plummer.
It was a mis-worded rumor from the Chronicle that CNNSI decided to put on their "rumor" section. Talk about a website taking an article out of context. Now it's obvious how words from 4-5 different people end up translating to "it's going to happen."
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #14
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

that article is crap on Plummer. I call false start, 10 yards, and repeat 1st down.

---

HOWEVER the Patriots story was cool

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/mor...1474&srvc=home

no wonder the Patriots failed... girl trouble behind the curtains.
I think Shakespeare wrapped the words around this common truth in all of humanity best.
Old 02-07-2007   #15
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
It was a mis-worded rumor from the Chronicle that CNNSI decided to put on their "rumor" section. Talk about a website taking an article out of context. Now it's obvious how words from 4-5 different people end up translating to "it's going to happen."
Psst! A UFO might land on I-10 pass it on! What a waste of mb space.
Old 02-07-2007   #16
real

This is the new Carr thread. Cool.
Old 02-07-2007   #17
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Is this a fact: No.
Is the paper the GM of the Texans: No.
Is this how the world will learn of Carr's fate, in a blog?: No.
Will I give Justice any credibility: HEEE-LLLL NO.
Old 02-07-2007   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Thanks for clearing it up for me.

i'm not against this happening though at all. I don't think Plummer or Carr are long term answers for us so whatever will help us the next 1-2 years and be cheaper...lets do it. as well as helping our team/ new qb develop...thats key...i dont want either to hold our team back from growing/improving.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #19
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwilson View Post
Is this a fact: No.
Is the paper the GM of the Texans: No.
Is this how the world will learn of Carr's fate, in a blog?: No.
Will I give Justice any credibility: HEEE-LLLL NO.
justice is a joke. he said the astros were ready to trade roy oswalt to baltimore and said that mclane ordered lidge to be traded.
Old 02-07-2007   #20
old football fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
This is the new Carr thread. Cool.
AW right That makes it Carr thread #________, AH CRAP I lost count and we have to start over now!!!!
old football fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read