Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Where do we rank in the NFC??
Division leaders 1 1.05%
Contenders 9 9.47%
Up & Commers 56 58.95%
Mediocre 20 21.05%
Poor team 9 9.47%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2007   #61
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl
Default Re: Where do you rank us in the AFC??

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Are they changing divisions?? Nobody else in our division is gonna kick them off the top of the mountain.
TEXANS WILL EVOLVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHH
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #62
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Hey...

I watched a couple Oakland games this year and in a lot of games they were only one or two plays away from a possible win.

I watched Detroit play too, and they were right in a lot of those games. They thrashed the cowboys at the end of the season so thats a good sign.

I also was able to see the Buccaneers, 49ers, Vikings, Cardinals and Browns play....

I saw a lot of good things from those guys as well...They have some good young talent, and they were in a lot of their games, but just missed winning by a few key plays....

Lookie there....I guess there are no bad teams in the NFL...Everyone's up and coming...

It'a official...There is no longer such a thing as a bad team...If you almost do some things well, you're up and coming...

Hey and that Reggie Bush....I often saw plays where, if he had made one more guy miss he'd have broken off a long one. And those Bears...They should have been the champs...I mean...they came within one game....They almost won it so I guess thats just as good....

The Cowboys almost and should have won against the Seahawks...That was a fluke play, and had they have gotten the hold right they would have marched through the play-offs and won the super-bowl....almost...

We were a bad team...The good teams made those plays that we "almost" made...

Bad teams don't make those plays....that's why they're considered bad...

xtruroyaltyx: Why so bitter? Just breath!
Old 02-08-2007   #63
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8 View Post
TEXANS WILL EVOLVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHH
i hope they get hit with gamma rays or something. Evolution is a slooow process, taking millions of offseasons.
Old 02-08-2007   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
How many wins better were we than 2-14 ? 2 or 3? 6 ?

TK, if you're telling me that we were better than 2-14 in 05, there is no way we're up and coming....That means that we really haven't gotten any better...
You are what you do...and what we did was have a bad season....
Well that's fine. You think we've played up to our potential.... I don't.

I don't think the teams that beat us are necessarily better than we are.

The Colts, the Eagles, the Patriots..... yeah, those teams are better.

The Giants, when completely healthy.... they're better, but that team we played, and lost to. No. We should definitely have won that game.

& that's fine... you thinking we aren't good as a team....... at all. I just don't think that way.

We've got some holes, and our depth is sorely lacking..... but I think we're about three starters away from having a complete team. LB, LT, & CB.

I think most teams are there, if not worse. The Colts.. San Diego.... New England..... Chicago.. & a few others. But most teams are missing starters.

& that's the point I'm wanting to make.

All these people with this "we've got too many holes to fix in one off season", for a SuperBowl appearance, maybe, but just for a winning season?? I don't think so. for a play-off appearance?? I don't think so.

I'm sure Mangini didn't walk into his locker room telling his guys.... guys, we were 4-12 in '05, so go ahead and make plans to be with your families in January. Forget about having a winning season in '06, lets just go out there and have some fun.

I doubt Payton went into his locker room saying we are what our record says we are... we've got too many holes to fill in one off season... This year is just an evaluation year, to see who'll be on the team in '07.

I hope Kubiak will do a better job in March selling the team on the fact that we can in fact be winners in '07, than I am doing here on this board, with you.
Old 02-08-2007   #65
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

I don't think the teams that beat us are necessarily better than we are.

The Colts, the Eagles, the Patriots..... yeah, those teams are better.

The Giants, when completely healthy.... they're better, but that team we played, and lost to. No. We should definitely have won that game.

& that's fine... you thinking we aren't good as a team....... at all. I just don't think that way.

We've got some holes, and our depth is sorely lacking..... but I think we're about three starters away from having a complete team. LB, LT, & CB.

I think most teams are there, if not worse. The Colts.. San Diego.... New England..... Chicago.. & a few others. But most teams are missing starters.

& that's the point I'm wanting to make.

All these people with this "we've got too many holes to fix in one off season", for a SuperBowl appearance, maybe, but just for a winning season?? I don't think so. for a play-off appearance?? I don't think so.

I'm sure Mangini didn't walk into his locker room telling his guys.... guys, we were 4-12 in '05, so go ahead and make plans to be with your families in January. Forget about having a winning season in '06, lets just go out there and have some fun.

I doubt Payton went into his locker room saying we are what our record says we are... we've got too many holes to fill in one off season... This year is just an evaluation year, to see who'll be on the team in '07.

I hope Kubiak will do a better job in March selling the team on the fact that we can in fact be winners in '07, than I am doing here on this board, with you.
IMHO, the hallmark of an "up and coming team" is beating the teams that are better than you, on paper, when you have the chance. We blew several of those chances. "Being IN the game" doesn't mean much. In '05, we were "IN" more games than '06 and had a much worse record. We have a good nucleus for a good team, but we have to upgrade from all the "tweener" picks CC and DC made. Babin, Peek, Orr, P-BUST,Hodgedon, and even TJ, to a degree.That's not even mentioning FA's we've overspent on. 2 more SOLID drafts and we can compete for the playoffs. Right now, we're bad. 2 good drafts, we're up and comers. I say that with all the holes we have and anticipating injuries. We MIGHT be up and comers next year, but lets see how the offseason plays out before we get too excited. In other words, let's not set ourselves up for disppointment.
Old 02-08-2007   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153128 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
IMHO, the hallmark of an "up and coming team" is beating the teams that are better than you, on paper, when you have the chance. We blew several of those chances. "Being IN the game" doesn't mean much. In '05, we were "IN" more games than '06 and had a much worse record. We have a good nucleus for a good team, but we have to upgrade from all the "tweener" picks CC and DC made. Babin, Peek, Orr, P-BUST,Hodgedon, and even TJ, to a degree.That's not even mentioning FA's we've overspent on. 2 more SOLID drafts and we can compete for the playoffs. Right now, we're bad. 2 good drafts, we're up and comers. I say that with all the holes we have and anticipating injuries. We MIGHT be up and comers next year, but lets see how the offseason plays out before we get too excited. In other words, let's not set ourselves up for disppointment.
But if we beat those teams, we'd have been in contention for a play-off spot......

We'd have been Contenders..... working on becoming Division leaders.
Old 02-09-2007   #67
real

Quote:
TK....

If a team isn't playing up to their potential what does that mean ?

To me it means that they are a bad team....I think we could have won some of those games as well, but we didn't...

We didn't because we were the worse team on those days...We didn't play 48 minutes as hard as they did.....period....

It doesn't matter whether or not we shoulda/woulda did this/that.

We didn't.

I think we can be improved going into 2007, but it's not a given. We don't even know what kind of moves they'll make this off-season. I have faith in the staff that they'll make some good moves, but as of right now all I have to judge them from is this past season, and this past season was a bad one. ..6-10....is 6-10.....is 6-10.....all day long.....
That's the mark of a bad team. There is no way I can say we're up and coming, and we don't even know what our QB situation will be like.

We were terrible last year, and we were bad this year....If we get atleast 8 wins next year, then I would think we were up and coming...But right now We have just gone from THE very worst to just bad....Where we'll go from here is up to the Front office and Coaching staff...
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2007   #68
real

Quote:
But if we beat those teams, we'd have been in contention for a play-off spot......

We'd have been Contenders..... working on becoming Division leaders.
But we didn't beat those teams...

That's why those teams are considered up and coming.....and we're not....

Because they won, and we didn't.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read