Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-07-2007   #1
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kiper's Latest Mock (top 16)

1. Oakland Raiders, JaMarcus Russell*QB
2. Detroit Lions, Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Calvin Johnson*, WR, Georgia Tech
4. Cleveland Browns, Adrian Peterson*, RB, Oklahoma
5. Arizona Cardinals, Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
6. Washington Redskins, Jamaal Anderson*, DE, Arkansas
7. Minnesota Vikings, Ted Ginn Jr.*, WR, Ohio State
8. Houston Texans, Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
9. Miami Dolphins, Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
10. Atlanta Falcons, LaRon Landry, S, LSU
11. San Francisco 49ers, Alan Branch*, DT, Michigan
12. Buffalo Bills, Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
13. St. Louis Rams, Charles Johnson*, DE, Georgia
14. Carolina Panthers, Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
15. Pittsburgh Steelers, Jarvis Moss*, DE, Florida
16. Green Bay Packers, Marshawn Lynch*, RB, California
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #2
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 97190 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper's Latest Mock (top 16)

Can we find last years mocks and compare them with the real thing? This IS the 1st mock I've seen where we don't get AP, though.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #3
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

I have a bad feeling that this one is pretty close...

I do see Cleveland taking Peterson. I just hope it is a nightmare and I will wake up from it sometime in April...

Cleveland needs O help bad. A QB, a RB, or an OL. I just don't know for sure which way they will go...

Last edited by HomeBred_Texan; 02-07-2007 at 08:07 AM.
HomeBred_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #4
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

It all depends on what Cleveland does. I'm really beginning to wonder if the Texans aren't turning their attention to the plethora of FA running backs hitting the market this year. If the teams wants Levi over Branch or Okoye, I would suspect the trade-down scenario. San Fran or Buffalo may want Branch badly.
Old 02-07-2007   #5
AtheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
I have a bad feeling that this one is pretty close...
Cleveland needs O help bad. A QB, a RB, or an OL. I just don't know for sure which way they will go... It is Matt Millen after all...
that'll be Detroit my man.

and about Levi, i see him jumping up board come combine time and also becuase he's the only other legit 1st rd OL. and i dont see it being a travesty if we did get Brown though. AP's my first choice though.

and what plethrea of FA RBs are you talking about?? A Green?? Chris Brown? Buckhalter? other ones are restricted FAs that'll want a 1st rounder.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/...eagentsRB.html
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #6
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Docbar I've seen a couple that have us taking Okoye and one taking Anderson but like you said 97% have us taking AP. I like this mock awhole lot better than most need to fix the O-line first then get the skill players.

IMO Petersons value is going to do nothing but go up, we have to face the facts that he is the best RB in the draft and there are seven teams picking in front of us I dont see one letting him slide to #8.

Bad news for the Texans is Levi's stock is going up as well and he might not be there a #8 as well.(dam senior bowl) Last ESPN report I read has Levi as one of the first 15 pick in RD1

Just reviewed this mock again. Does anyone else have a problem with Minn. taking Ginn Jr. at #7 most reports I've seen have him mid-first round(15-25)
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #7
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheGreat View Post

and about Levi, i see him jumping up board come combine time and also becuase he's the only other legit 1st rd OL. and i dont see it being a travesty if we did get Brown though. AP's my first choice though.

and what plethrea of FA RBs are you talking about?? A Green?? Chris Brown? Buckhalter? other ones are restricted FAs that'll want a 1st rounder.

Can't remember his name but I think LT's back-up in SD is a URF this year I dont know maybe I'm out in left field on this one, just something about last years FA his name was talked about alot.
Sponsored links
Old 02-07-2007   #8
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Thanks for the heads up... Was still waiting on the coffee pot to brew it's magic potion... I corrected it...

Must be the clouds in my eyes...
Old 02-07-2007   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

this is the first mock I've seen that has Tampa picking before Cleveland. I doubt this has been deceided but has anyone heard different?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

There are options. Your Footballs future lists several, and you gave two. The biggest possibility seems to be Ahman Green coming from the Packers to play for Sherman.

Dominic Rhodes also is UFA. So is Chris Brown, who might fit well into the current Houston "run by committee" system.

I have heard Thomas Jones could be let go from Chicago.

Everybody's favorite football pothead could be looking for a new place to run.
Old 02-07-2007   #11
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry View Post
Can't remember his name but I think LT's back-up in SD is a URF this year I dont know maybe I'm out in left field on this one, just something about last years FA his name was talked about alot.
There are 2 free Agents this summer that teams want and both are Restricted. 1 is Atlanta's back-up QB and the other is San Diego's back-up RB. Neither will make it off there teams right now without costing someone the kitchen sink, IMHO...
Old 02-07-2007   #12
torontooilfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 torontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVP

I cannot see both Detroit and Cleveland passing on Brady Quinn...

Just my opinion.....
Old 02-07-2007   #13
AtheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
There are options. Your Footballs future lists several, and you gave two. The biggest possibility seems to be Ahman Green coming from the Packers to play for Sherman.

Dominic Rhodes also is UFA. So is Chris Brown, who might fit well into the current Houston "run by committee" system.

I have heard Thomas Jones could be let go from Chicago.

Everybody's favorite football pothead could be looking for a new place to run.
Ahman, you serious? what would he bring to us that we dont already have? out of all those guys, i'd only consider Rhodes. and of those, none of them really stick out to me as a gamebreaker. only turner, who'll have a 1st rd price tag, is one that'd i want.

and about t jones, why would a team that got to the super bowl with him as RB, not benson, and get 100yds of rushing against a team that hadn't got 100yds on them in 3 playoff games. just doesn't sound realistic.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
this is the first mock I've seen that has Tampa picking before Cleveland. I doubt this has been deceided but has anyone heard different?
it could go either way just as easily. kiper said "3 or 4" for both spots. he just put tampa first.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #15
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Ahman, you serious? what would he bring to us that we dont already have? out of all those guys, i'd only consider Rhodes. and of those, none of them really stick out to me as a gamebreaker. only turner, who'll have a 1st rd price tag, is one that'd i want.

and about t jones, why would a team that got to the super bowl with him as RB, not benson, and get 100yds of rushing against a team that hadn't got 100yds on them in 3 playoff games. just doesn't sound realistic.
Currently I am working under the theory that the Texans have no running game and could use any help to raise the bar there. That, and Ahman Green having been plucked from Seattle to play for Green Bay by Mike Sherman, I think, puts him at the top of the list.

Link: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...31/ai_80678721

As stated in the Player News at this link, Thomas Jones could be let go because of Benson.

Last edited by Texans Horror; 02-07-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #16
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

I've seen TJ play while at UVA whould love to see him in a Texans Uni. Just dont know if Mcnaire is willing to deal with the Attuide he has. Also I dont know what his contract is like with Da Bears.
Old 02-07-2007   #17
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
it could go either way just as easily. kiper said "3 or 4" for both spots. he just put tampa first.
Ok, thought NFL might/was having coin flip during Super Bowl weekend, so any ideas when they settle this issue?

w/tampa picking before Cleveland it makes it a lot simpler for Calvin to fall into Grudens offense, then Peterson to Browns @ #4.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87841 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Ok, thought NFL might/was having coin flip during Super Bowl weekend, so any ideas when they settle this issue?

w/tampa picking before Cleveland it makes it a lot simpler for Calvin to fall into Grudens offense, then Peterson to Browns @ #4.
All tiebreakers or coin flips are done at the combine.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
As stated in the Player News at this link, Thomas Jones could be let go because of Benson.
The Bears will be trying to get back to the Super Bowl. They aren't going to trade their best back just to give Benson a starting job. What has Benson done to show he deserves the nod over Jones? Nothing, nada, zip.

Romeo Crennel has seen Charlie Weis develop QBs first hand. He needs a QB, and he won't pass up a Weis pupil with talent. If Quinn makes it to the Browns pick, that's the biggest lock in the draft.
Old 02-07-2007   #20
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't see Brady Quinn dropping to #9 and the Raiders taking Russell at #1. Cleveland may have a tough choice at # 3 between Quinn and Peterson.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read