Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-06-2007   #1
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default The Ugly World of College Recruiting....

"Curtis claims McKnight is obeying all the rules. If the player is doing it because he believes it is the proper thing to do, he believes in the NCAA's amateur rules, then good for him; he is a person of great principle.

Because to do so would be to ignore a world around him that's been complicated by grown-up things like hurricanes and FEMA and insurance companies, that is filled with desperate coaches, cash machine agents and insanely rich boosters who can solve many of those complications instantly.

It would be to wade through mixed messages NCAA rules on one side, NCAA representatives smashing those rules on the other.

It would mean agreeing to keep his mom and brother in that small apartment while he goes and makes millions for his college coach and tens of millions for his new school, not including all the ancillary businesses, including, indeed, media like me. "

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...yhoo&type=lgns

I'm curious....what would YOU do?
Old 02-06-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Ugly World of College Recruiting....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
"Curtis claims McKnight is obeying all the rules. If the player is doing it because he believes it is the proper thing to do, he believes in the NCAA's amateur rules, then good for him; he is a person of great principle.

Because to do so would be to ignore a world around him that's been complicated by grown-up things like hurricanes and FEMA and insurance companies, that is filled with desperate coaches, cash machine agents and insanely rich boosters who can solve many of those complications instantly.

It would be to wade through mixed messages NCAA rules on one side, NCAA representatives smashing those rules on the other.

It would mean agreeing to keep his mom and brother in that small apartment while he goes and makes millions for his college coach and tens of millions for his new school, not including all the ancillary businesses, including, indeed, media like me. "

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...yhoo&type=lgns

I'm curious....what would YOU do?
wow that's a great read. he really sounds like a great kid...somebody i think a lot of other athletes will look up to. seems to me he has very strong principles, something i'm assuming his mother taught him. either that or he's afraid of gettin' hit by her! lol

lsu, ole miss, and usc. wow 1 school is going to get really lucky. i really hope he picks ole miss but i think that's a long shot... imo (not knowing anything about this) i see him going to lsu...he'd be real close to his mother, brother, and high school coach which sounds like is a big part of his life. they sure have an advantage lsu does....too bad. oxford is a pretty town and i think he'd love it!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #3
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Good article. I wish I were young and talented enough to find out what I'd do.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Blast! aaahhh.. he chose USC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...ncf&id=2757311

sounds like a great guy good luck to him and his future.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #5
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Its ashame there is so much spotlight on him. You know the media will be following his family's EVERY purchase.
Old 02-08-2007   #6
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Minor league football other than the NCAA.

Hmmm....
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't take the money. Not because of moral or beliefs or whatnot, but because I suck with money. I'd probably buy a bronze toilet with a rubies all over it. It'd probably be mostly purple, too.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read