Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-06-2007   #1
texans83
All Pro

Default Vy?????

Whats going on guys and ladies, ok im so sick in tired of going on to the chronicle and reading JM message boards, I mean you cant even read anything on there with out hearing the name VY. Do we have any true texans fans left here? Dont get me wrong I think he is a decent qb, but all this about he is the best HS, college player ever? Give me a break, dont they remb when all that hype was on MV when he first came into the pros? Im just so tired of hearing all of this. Im not a aggie or OU I acually graduated from UT 2yrs ago abd I played baseball so you cant say that I just hate UT but enough is enough, dont you think? HE IS A TITAN!!!!!!THEY ARE OUR ENEMY!!!!! Does anyone else realize this.......
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan
Default Re: Vy?????

Agreed why do people sit and ponder on what COULDA been, ok yes we maybe shoulda got him, but we didnt so move on and look at what we did get M. Williams, D. Ryans come on i dont think we got to bad of a deal out of last years draft. I agree with you, IF u are a texans fan you will accept what we have and look at the positive side, if not go join the saints or titans message board.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

I can understand your point of view towards people who are still complaining about our draft choices.

But if you get this upset when you just hear or see someone talking about him then you have a problem.

He is a great player. He was a great player in college and high school.

He is going to continue to be a great player so you might just have to get used to hearing his name.

A true Texans fan is still allowed to talk about players from other teams.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I can understand your point of view towards people who are still complaining about our draft choices.

But if you get this upset when you just hear or see someone talking about him then you have a problem.

He is a great player. He was a great player in college and high school.

He is going to continue to be a great player so you might just have to get used to hearing his name.

A true Texans fan is still allowed to talk about players from other teams.

Yes i agree BUT they can stop talking about how dumb we are for not taking him and blah blah etc. Cause unless someone makes a time machine we have what we have so theres no need in talking about what ifs or regrets.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #5
Sportsfan
All Pro

I'm not a VY or Titans fan but it doesn't bother me that much. He's a phenominal talent from Houston and will deservingly get coverage from the Houston media whether you like it or not. Move on.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #6
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

I take it all with a grain of salt. Some of us as Oiler fans had to go through this same thing some days back. A Certain Houston player named Andre Ware was coming out and he was suppose to be the next Cat's Meow of QB's. Some of us know how that turned out...
Old 02-06-2007   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2007   #8
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan View Post
I'm not a VY or Titans fan but it doesn't bother me that much. He's a phenominal talent from Houston and will deservingly get coverage from the Houston media whether you like it or not. Move on.
deservingly??? Did I miss something, what did he ever do for this city? Last I remb he lost the state championship, he does have great talent but the way I see it is that if he should be coverage from anyone it would be tenn or austin.
Old 02-06-2007   #9
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I'm anxiously awaiting next year, when I think Demeco and Mario are really going to prove themselves a stalwart wrecking crew. These two are built to last and to dominate, and if the Texans can bring in that star running back, they are going to be very difficult to beat.
Old 02-06-2007   #10
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Another thread adding fuel to the fire.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #11
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Another thread adding fuel to the fire.

How? I just wanted to see if there were still true TEXANS out there, thats all! Trust me I deff do not want to add more fuel then there already is
Old 02-06-2007   #12
real

Why do you guys assume everyone here feels the same way about the Texans as you do ?
Old 02-06-2007   #13
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
How? I just wanted to see if there were still true TEXANS out there, thats all! Trust me I deff do not want to add more fuel then there already is

Please define "true Texan".
Old 02-06-2007   #14
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Please define "true Texan".
Well it would deff be one that stud by there team win or loose, as a true texan you would not be cheering on VY when the titans beat the Texans
Old 02-06-2007   #15
real

Quote:
Well it would deff be one that stud by there team win or loose, as a true texan you would not be cheering on VY when the titans beat the Texans
I'm sorry but I don't really see why that upsets you.

Why do you care if people aren't in love with the Texans as much as you are ?

Why do you assume everyone here is as big a fan as you?
Old 02-06-2007   #16
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I'm sorry but I don't really see why that upsets you.

Why do you care if people aren't in love with the Texans as much as you are ?

Why do you assume everyone here is as big a fan as you?
Its not about competing to see who is the bigger fan, I just dont understand how you can go back and forth between two teams. Its like if the titans were really good but say that VY dosent hold up to everything he is supposed to be then where are you all going to be at? Its like just bc we have Carr yall are mad that we didnt draft VY(understandable) but who says the texans are going to be a a playoff team in 3yrs and the titans are going to be looking for another qb, is everyone going to be bashing VY instead of praising him.
What im trying to say is that are you going to just go back and forth between teams and root on the one that is doing better or what?
And if you would have read my blog it wasent about people on here, it was about the chronicle... I just dont see how a city can turn on its football team in 5yrs and go back to the team that decided to leave this great city.... thats all im saying, and im not saying the fans im saying the press like JM.
Old 02-06-2007   #17
real

Quote:
Its not about competing to see who is the bigger fan, I just dont understand how you can go back and forth between two teams. Its like if the titans were really good but say that VY dosent hold up to everything he is supposed to be then where are you all going to be at? Its like just bc we have Carr yall are mad that we didnt draft VY(understandable) but who says the texans are going to be a a playoff team in 3yrs and the titans are going to be looking for another qb, is everyone going to be bashing VY instead of praising him.
What im trying to say is that are you going to just go back and forth between teams and root on the one that is doing better or what?
And if you would have read my blog it wasent about people on here, it was about the chronicle... I just dont see how a city can turn on its football team in 5yrs and go back to the team that decided to leave this great city.... thats all im saying, and im not saying the fans im saying the press like JM.
In the beggining of this thread you said, that you were upset, or ticked off...or something to that degree...

Most of the fans that became Titans fans were never Texan fans to begin with. Of course the Texans would have brought in a larger fan base had they taken VY but thats not relevant to this conversation. As long as the Texans QB situation is in Limbo, VY continues to improve, and Mario doesn't produce big plays you are always going to hear the coulda's shoulda's and woulda's....

You are right, that we should just move on, and root for the current players, but most fans have already done that.But, People should also stop having unprotected sex to stop the spread of HIV....
Old 02-06-2007   #18
texans83
All Pro

People should also stop having unprotected sex to stop the spread of HIV....

Thats not the only way to get HIV, and thanks for compaing the texans to that, my good friend in hs got the virus from a unprotected needle while he was doing comunity service trying to help others.
Old 02-06-2007   #19
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Based on this comment, how does what i said imply that i'm not a 'true TEXAN' as you call it?

Weak, very weak...
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #20
texans83
All Pro

anyways back to the topic, the reason we did not draft VY is bc he dosent run out style of offense, that being said the front office thought that we need to build up our Dfence first

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read