Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-06-2007   #1
bluestars87
Rookie

Default Inquiry from a 49ers fan

Just wanted to visit your boards and say hey. I'm not a Texans fan, but I do think your team is very interesting and has improved since 2005. Just wanted to give you guys props for that. I actually thought in 2005 you would make the playoffs after your 7-9 record the year before, but that didn't happen. I really enjoy watching Domanick Williams and Andre Johnson play too. I think they're really underrated players at their position.
Old 02-06-2007   #2
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Inquiry from a 49ers fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestars87 View Post
Just wanted to visit your boards and say hey. I'm not a Texans fan, but I do think your team is very interesting and has improved since 2005. Just wanted to give you guys props for that. I actually thought in 2005 you would make the playoffs after your 7-9 record the year before, but that didn't happen. I really enjoy watching Domanick Williams and Andre Johnson play too. I think they're really underrated players at their position.
How is Andre underrated? He's first team All Pro.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #3
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
Indeed he is all pro but that would suprise a lot of people.

I bet if you were to ask Joe Sportsfan who the premier receivers in the NFL were you would get a whole lot of names before they came out with Andre Johnson.
Old 02-06-2007   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestars87 View Post
Nice post. Thanks for the kind words. What would you think of Carr/Williams/Johnson(Travis) for Frank Gore?
Old 02-06-2007   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Good to see SOMEONE out there appreciates D. Williams, since Texans fans dont. He's an exciting player to watch. He'll be back this upcoming season, i just hope he can shake the rust off fast and the texans can get off to a good start.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72571 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan View Post
Good to see SOMEONE out there appreciates D. Williams, since Texans fans dont. He's an exciting player to watch. He'll be back this upcoming season, i just hope he can shake the rust off fast and the texans can get off to a good start.
Is that a little guitar or a big bong in the avatar???? DW will be lucky to make it out of TC. It would be nice, but I'm not going to waste the emotional energy of being hopeful about it.
Old 02-06-2007   #7
real

It's time to move on....

DW, even if healthy enough to play next year, would still not instill enough confidence in me that he'd be able to be a feature back in the NFL. The guy is coming off of a whole year on the IR. Not really the kind of guy I'd pin my hopes on. JMO.
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2007   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I think it's amazing how Frank Gore had a standout year.

And the person to thank for that? Moran Norris, a beloved former Houston Texan. I sure do miss that guy, and have no idea what we saw in Jameel Cook instead.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #9
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Is that a little guitar or a big bong in the avatar???? DW will be lucky to make it out of TC. It would be nice, but I'm not going to waste the emotional energy of being hopeful about it.
HAHA its a guitar, and by the way there was a guy on the 78-79 steelers team who was a RB, he was out for 2 years before coming back from an injury he got in some war. He then helped the steelers win the superbowl. He was a RB. I saw it on NFL network anyways my point is that people do recover from injuries and they can come back and make an impact.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
HAHA its a guitar, and by the way there was a guy on the 78-79 steelers team who was a RB, he was out for 2 years before coming back from an injury he got in some war. He then helped the steelers win the superbowl. He was a RB. I saw it on NFL network anyways my point is that people do recover from injuries and they can come back and make an impact.
His name is Rocky Bliar. One heck of a RB. The war was Vietnam. DW is NOT Rocky Bliar. DW doesn't like to play nicked up. Never has, never will.
Old 02-06-2007   #11
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Vauge analogies aside, DW is not coming back. I'm not familiar who you are comparing DW to or what his injury was but degenerative cartiledge is a chronic problem, not something that heals or lessens over time. To the contrary, DW's injury will only worsen, especially given the implications of a full NFL season's workload. If he was not able to practice consecutive days on his knee last season, he will not be able to this season or any season in the future.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #12
trutexan02
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to trutexan02 Send a message via Yahoo to trutexan02

Quote:

Actually he is not first team All Pro. He was snubbed in favor of Chad Johnson, but your point remains the same he is getting due recognition at this point in his short career.

Last edited by trutexan02; 02-06-2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: typo
trutexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #13
trutexan02
Veteran

Quote:
And we should be a little nicer to visitors who are NOT slamming our team. .

My aplogies to the indiviual who started this thread.
Old 02-06-2007   #14
trutexan02
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

And the person to thank for that? Moran Norris, a beloved former Houston Texan. I sure do miss that guy, and have no idea what we saw in Jameel Cook instead.
Not to worry Vonta Leach seems to be a very suitable option atFB AND he can catch too. Norris had some issues there. I liked him though. I'm glad he's helping a good running game flourish.
Old 02-06-2007   #15
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
QB75, I think Bluestars meant that as a compliment about Andre being Underated as his own personal view....Thanks for the nice words Bluestars..
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #16
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Thanks for stopping by. I enjoyed watching Domanick, too - but his career seems to be over. And I agree about AJ being underrated - national fans don't think much about him and, IMO, he's capable of even more than he's shown (with the right offense).

Like some of the others here - I'm jealous that your team has Moran Norris now. He was a really solid player for us for a few years and obviously has had a similar or greater impact on your team this year.
Old 02-06-2007   #17
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post

First off just wanted to say, with a nice, solid draft, I think you guys have the potential to improve next season and get further into that rebuilding process. In fact, I'd say the Texans remind me a little of the 49ers, that they aren't going out chucking big bucks at any FA and going for the quick fix, but rather laying the foundation first.

But just a couple questions, was Moran Norris cut, or did his contract expire and Houston just didn't re-sign him? Anyway, about Norris, were you guys really bummed when he left, or are people just hopping on the bandwagon after he had an excellent season of paving way for Frank Gore?

Last edited by SF49erFaithful; 02-06-2007 at 09:39 PM.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of us were not happy about losing Norris, and I say that having not even known what he did or for whom this year. However, Vonta Leach seems to be the answer to replacing him, so it worked out well enough. We used Cook to replace Norris most of this last year and that just wasn't good enough.

Norris didn't have the pass catching ability that Kubiak looks for in a fullback, but he could sure run block. Leach appears to be a happy medium, if not more than that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #19
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF49erFaithful View Post
But just a question, was Moran Norris cut, or did his contract expire and Houston just didn't re-sign him? Anyway, about Norris, were you guys really bummed when he left, or are people just hopping on the bandwagon after he had an excellent season of paving way for Frank Gore?
if i remember right we opted not to re-sign him, but hopefully someone else with a real memory will confirm or deny. i wasnt (am not) a norris fan, but we had many who were disappointed when he left. several folks around here touted him as an outstanding blocker and i'm sure they'll stick by that ... especially after gore & DD/DW's performances.
Old 02-06-2007   #20
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF49erFaithful View Post
Anyway, about Norris, were you guys really bummed when he left, or are people just hopping on the bandwagon after he had an excellent season of paving way for Frank Gore?
Norris was well-liked amongst Texan fans. We had a good running game while he was here.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read