Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-06-2007   #1
fisherflo
Rookie

Default Texans primetime??????

I guess the only consolation that i have about the colts being the superbowl champs is that next season they will be getting a lot of prime time games and since we play them twice, well i think we have a good chance at landing a primetime slot somewhere in there since we were the last ones they lost too.
fisherflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #2
swoldier
Rookie

Default Re: Texans primetime??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherflo View Post
I guess the only consolation that i have about the colts being the superbowl champs is that next season they will be getting a lot of prime time games and since we play them twice, well i think we have a good chance at landing a primetime slot somewhere in there since we were the last ones they lost too.
That would be excellent!!!!
Old 02-06-2007   #3
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 985 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #4
canadiantexan
Veteran

The best way to get prime time games is to be a winning franchise. When we start winning 10-12 games a year we will get the "primetime" respect we deserve. Until then we don't really deserve one.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

We could be that "sacrificial lamb" on the first thursday night game of the season...as you guys know, the sb champ gets the 1st game now.
Old 02-06-2007   #6
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
We could be that "sacrificial lamb" on the first thursday night game of the season...as you guys know, the sb champ gets the 1st game now.
I think they typically try to set up a strong match up for the first game of the season, especially when it will be the only game on. I would think the Chargers, Saints, or Patriots have a good shot at being the Colts opponent that Thurs.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #7
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherflo View Post
The probability of the Texans being telecast prime time is pretty close to zero. The only case in which that would occur would be a "Saints-like" season in which the Texans had a great first half and were competing for a wild card or divsion spot. The Colts will be telecast a lot, but there are many opponents that the networks will pick over the Texans. The Titans will be among the top choices.

In any case, the advance national TV schedule won't include any Texans games. Only the late season flexible slots are a possibilty if the team is competitive.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2007   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

We play Denver this year don't we, that would be a good primetime game. The mentor vs. his pupil.....especially is Plummer is our QB, thats just more hype, going into the game.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #9
MasterBasser
Rookie

Prime time? ha! I just hope that maybe they will be televised on Sunday's this year. They are not broadcasted in Austin or San Antonio.
MasterBasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am thinking the Bush versus Mario, Saints/Texans match-up has an decent, maybe 50/50 shot at being a national game.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #11
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I am thinking the Bush versus Mario, Saints/Texans match-up has an decent, maybe 50/50 shot at being a national game.
That's a good point.

I don't know if we can count on them to make the same mistake twice, but if we got two games at 7-9 hopefully we can get just one at 6-10.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

either that or a Texans vs. Titans game.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #13
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I wonder if Espn is drooling over that game, or dreading it?

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

I remember after we went 7-9 we had like 2 or 3 sunday night games, and that is about as close to prime time as we'll see for a while. They want games that will boost ratings, and i HATE to say it, but the Texans arent national favorite just yet. Or time will come though.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
I wonder if Espn is drooling over that game, or dreading it?
Tell tell us after the game what the "knew" before the game.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I'd feel certain that all 16 of our games in 2007 will start at 12:00 noon (maybe a 3:00 for a road game to the west coast).

I'm not holding my breath for primetime, though...not after the 2005 season.
Old 02-06-2007   #17
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I agree with the sentiments. The Texans wrecked their primetime chances when they let the Chiefs and Seahawks obliterate them in 2005.

Their three best chances are Broncos vs. Texans, Saints vs. Texans, and if they are good enough, a possible late-season game with play-off implications.

Personally, I think the third is the most likely chance, and not too far away from realistic.
Old 02-06-2007   #18
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm not a betting man, but if I was, I'd feel certain that all 16 of our games in 2007 will start at 12:00 noon (maybe a 3:00 for a road game to the west coast).

I'm not holding my breath for primetime, though...not after the 2005 season.
Again?????? That really sucks for the out of town ppl...They need to balance the schedules more fairly....We had all noon games last year, they should allow more 3pm games this year...Who do you complain to about this? I want to write to them....
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think well over 90% of our games in our first five seasons have been noon starts. Such is the schedules of bad teams.

It's entertainment, and ratings drives the business. The Texans have no draw at the moment.
Old 02-06-2007   #20
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I think well over 90% of our games in our first five seasons have been noon starts. Such is the schedules of bad teams.

It's entertainment, and ratings drives the business. The Texans have no draw at the moment.
Yea and looks like Cowboys win the draw of the 3pm games...Still sucks...I was really hoping for a few 3pm games this year...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read