Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-05-2007   #21
Osso
Veteran

Default Re: Let Yesterday's Game Be A Reminder...

Let Yesterday's Game Be A Reminder...

Of week 16 when we demolished the super bowl champs 27 - 24.

then we blasted the browns 14 - 6

We have what it takes in the front office and the players are doing great.
Old 02-05-2007   #22
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
The QB wasn't the only one having problems holding on to the ball...I think there was a slight drizzle or something, I don't know I don't have HDTV. I'm not trying to defend Grossman or anything, I was just responding to post that "Good D and mediocre QB simply doesn't work". I tend to think that it does.
That was kind of my point...a team can win it all with a good Defense and a mediocre/average QB if the QB doesn't make alot of mistakes. Grossman has made those mistakes all year, but for the most part, the Defense and Special Teams were able to overcome those mistakes. Yesterday they weren't. Yesterdays loss by the Bears came down to 2 things...a poor defenseive gameplan, and poor QB play. Yes, it was raining, and the ball was slick, but that was a known quantity, and should have been compensated for. Manning seemed to have compensated for it, why couldn't Rex?
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #23
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9 View Post
That was kind of my point...a team can win it all with a good Defense and a mediocre/average QB if the QB doesn't make alot of mistakes. Grossman has made those mistakes all year, but for the most part, the Defense and Special Teams were able to overcome those mistakes. Yesterday they weren't. Yesterdays loss by the Bears came down to 2 things...a poor defenseive gameplan, and poor QB play. Yes, it was raining, and the ball was slick, but that was a known quantity, and should have been compensated for. Manning seemed to have compensated for it, why couldn't Rex?
I keep hearing this and I'm still trying to figure it out. They got turnovers and basically stalled the Colts offense and forced FGs, etc when they had to. I know they sat back at times and let Peyton hit them underneath but I thought their plan was good. What happened was that Grossman and others couldn't maintain drives and ewould give the ball right back to the Colts O. In the 3rd quarter the Colts had run 3 times as many plays and the time of possession was massively stacked in their favor. You can't leave a D on the field that long against an offense that runs a semi-no-huddle. They wanted to sit back and see if they could beat themselves and at first it worked. You just can't be on the field that long with an inept O giving them the ball back.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #24
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
The colts main problem is with 3-4 teams that disguise their 4th blitzer, thus negating Manning's LOS maneuvers.

A non blitzing bears team playing a 2 deep soft zone was easy pickings for the Colts
Agreed. I still wish we had 34 defense. I don't think Payton Manning would have been as effective without Addai. I really felt he was the difference maker for the colts. Having franchise type RB can really take allot of pressure off from the QB and gives QB more options to work with.

I can only hope and pray that the Texans don't screw up drafting AD at number 8 if he is available.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #25
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan View Post
OK IF we had an o-line that could protect Carr i think he would be a great QB. BUT the boy is shell shocked, even when he has time, he doesnt use it cause he's so used to beign knocked around by every defender on the field. I STILL THINK carr can have a very good career here in Houston, If he has a few games where he dont get pounded into the ground than maybe he'll trust the guys blocking for him enough to hold onto the ball for 2 more seconds so our recievers can break away and we can actually have some of those exciting pass plays we see on espn when they're showing other game highlights.
Did you watch the games this year? Did you know Carr was sacked 25 fewer times than in '05, though he had more tds than ints in '05? Carr had 11 games in '06 when he was sacked less than twice a game.

Kitna with Detroit was sacked 22 more times than Carr/had a worse running game/had a worse DF and still threw for over 4200 yds and 20+ tds...

:brickwall :brickwall
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #26
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
Excuses, Excuses. Where are all the ones that claim, Defense wins championships? They don't win, they get you there...

Our Defense has a few holes, yes...

But our Offense needs major repair right now. We will never win if we can't score. Bottom Line... And leave Carr out of the threads. Enough bashing already...

Defence Wins Championships alright - it was the Colts D that won that game. Despite having the ball for long periods the Colts offence never ran away with it.
It was their defence who kept getting the Bears off the field, and it was an INT return that sealed the game.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #27
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip View Post
Did you watch the games this year? Did you know Carr was sacked 25 fewer times than in '05, though he had more tds than ints in '05? Carr had 11 games in '06 when he was sacked less than twice a game.

Kitna with Detroit was sacked 22 more times than Carr/had a worse running game/had a worse DF and still threw for over 4200 yds and 20+ tds...

:brickwall :brickwall
Anybody else thought Carr snuck into the Superbowl? But then I remembered, he's probably with his wife being a good husband.
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-06-2007   #28
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip View Post
Don't forget the 3 1st round WRs and 1st round QB... and then they end up tossing 4200 yards with a has-been and some Mike Furrey?? Mike Furrey and Jon Kitna... two undrafted nobodies that grew up chasing chickens in backwoods inland America. Draft experts... okay, little buddy.

( sure they have Williams, but damn... )
Old 02-06-2007   #29
dantem
Veteran

Both QB's played like DC. Mostly because of the rain.

What ***** decided that the Super Bowl should be played in an open air stadium in a city that has a constant 50% chance of rain. I feel bad for the folks that actually went to the game... $8,000+ per seat to get
drenched and not be able to see the game clearly.

Also, Grossman should have been the Colts MVP, Manning did very little.

Last edited by dantem; 02-06-2007 at 07:44 AM. Reason: spelling
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #30
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexBoy View Post
Anybody else thought Carr snuck into the Superbowl? But then I remembered, he's probably with his wife being a good husband.
What a totally uncalled for trashy thing to say about a guy and his wife. Get a grip dude.
Old 02-06-2007   #31
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy View Post
What a totally uncalled for trashy thing to say about a guy and his wife. Get a grip dude.
I agree. Some people have never learned the lesson if you don't have something nice to say, you shouldn't say anything at all...

Kids put fingers into motion without engaging brain...
Old 02-06-2007   #32
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Rex Grossman did something David Carr has yet to do - play poorly with a good team around him. You didn't see Grossman pressured with any real consistency in the SB, you saw the line protect well enough to take seven-step drops and make reads, you saw receivers getting open, and you saw a defense setting up the offense in the first half. Rex missed open throws, threw flutterballs, and made bad decisions to boot. Just ask yourself how Grossman would have looked on this Texans team from 2002-2006.

On the other hand, I agree with the sentiment of the post - you need to have a balanced team. The Texans have so many needs, they're not likely going to be balanced anytime soon, so at least get good at something, please.
Old 02-06-2007   #33
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 182552 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I never thought the Bears had a chance .

I thought the best three teams were San Diego , NE , and Indy .
Old 02-06-2007   #34
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
thanks for adressing that
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #35
Texas Lobo
Rookie

I know this is a bit off topic but I like the fact that the Colts won because now I can walk around saying "Do you know who the last team to beat the World Champs is?"
Texas Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007   #36
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Let Yesterday's Game Be A Reminder...that you now must have a tall QB to win the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl teams with the taller QB have won the past 6 championships.

I could come up with about a dozen other factoids about Super Bowl winners. And it would prove just as much as all of the other factoids about Super Bowl winners. Your best chance at winning the Super Bowl is by having the best team.
Old 02-06-2007   #37
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

thats what happens when you dont have a pass rush and the bears definately didnt have one
Old 02-06-2007   #38
real

Let yesterdays game be a reminder.....when two coaches go head to head and are of the same ethnicity, the coach who's team has more players who grew up west of the mississippi always wins...

Check it out...
Old 02-11-2007   #39
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Quote:
You read that in the wrong content so you need to get a grip on yourself...Carr always refers to being a good husband and having good friends when questioned about his play...or do you not listen to him on Mondays after games...
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007   #40
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexBoy View Post
You read that in the wrong content so you need to get a grip on yourself...Carr always refers to being a good husband and having good friends when questioned about his play...or do you not listen to him on Mondays after games...
You can try and sugar coat it all you want to, but that's not what you meant..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read