Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-05-2007   #1
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Reggie Bush Investigation" by Yahoo

I'm sure this was posted a long time ago but found this really funny when reading about the whole reggie bush scandal. Yahoo really has it out for this guy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...yhoo&type=lgns
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #2
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP
Default Re: "Reggie Bush Investigation" by Yahoo

Has it out for him? They're not out to get him... they're just following realistic leads on a pretty big scandal.
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomDavis View Post
Has it out for him? They're not out to get him... they're just following realistic leads on a pretty big scandal.
Oh I definitly think they are doing a good job investigatin this. There is plenty of information that would suggest wrongdoing by bush's parents.. I just find it funny that no other news source is investigating this....at least to this extent. We all know espn should be but are sweeping that under the rug.
Old 02-05-2007   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I'm sure this was posted a long time ago but found this really funny when reading about the whole reggie bush scandal. Yahoo really has it out for this guy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...yhoo&type=lgns

I totally agree. Not to take anything anyway from the investigation or anything, but Yahoo is totally going after it full force while no one else is doing anything. They seem to be out to get him a little
Old 02-05-2007   #5
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I totally agree. Not to take anything anyway from the investigation or anything, but Yahoo is totally going after it full force while no one else is doing anything. They seem to be out to get him a little
Or the other sporting news sources, such as ESPN, have so much invested in Reggie and his image that they would rather the world not know he is a cheat.
Old 02-05-2007   #6
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Or the other sporting news sources, such as ESPN, have so much invested in Reggie and his image that they would rather the world not know he is a cheat.
Right....because ESPN really does have millions of dollars invested in Reggie Bush the man. He's signed character incentive-laden contracts with the Disney Corporation representing ESPN and they will refuse to report any news that doesn't portray him in a glowing, angelic white light.

In other news, there was a catastrophic blizzard that hit Hawaii yesterday, but the Weather Channel refused to report it because it likes to show everyone how nice the weather is there.

Seriously, we all know that same people who like to build these athletes up (as they have done with Reggie, no doubt) are the first in line to tear them down when something goes wrong. Look at Michael Vick. Everyone hated how much ESPN showed his highlights on a non-stop loop his first several years in the league, but with all that's gone wrong with him, I certainly haven't seen ESPN nor any other major sports news outlet shy away from talking about it. You know why? Because it gets ratings. People like watching train wrecks, to see those who we put in a position to succeed, fail.

There may or may not be something more to the allegations that Yahoo has presented, but the notion that ESPN (or anyone other than Pepsi, Subway, or some other corporation that Reggie actually represents) will actually not cover and investigate a story that will no doubt garner ratings is ridiculous.

And for what it's worth, this is the same reporter that wrote an article pre-training camp that there was a good chance that Reggie would hold out the entire season and re-enter the draft next year to avoid having to play for us.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

I have no doubt espn will jump all over bush if he doesn't do very well but not untill another few years. as much hype as they gave him...they will not turn their back on him this fast. let's get back in 4 years after he's played that long and we know a lot more about this scandal and how serious or insignificant it is. Espn will probably be the first to bash him at that point and say they thought it the whole time.

like you said it is about ratings...but what would they be saying if they dogged him a few months after they said he is the greatest running back in the history of football. they dont talk about his rushing stats EVER because they 'pad' his stats...all they talk about is his total yards from rushing, receiving, and returns. those can be extremely deceaving when the vast majority of america just gets their info from the box score or from espn...its all ratings though and they continue to hype him with as much air time and necks on the line they have 'invested' in him.

*please note i am not rediculing the way sean payton is using reggie bush or that reggie bush is a bust or horrible player. quite the contrary
Sponsored links
Old 02-05-2007   #8
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I have no doubt espn will jump all over bush if he doesn't do very well but not untill another few years. as much hype as they gave him...they will not turn their back on him this fast. let's get back in 4 years after he's played that long and we know a lot more about this scandal and how serious or insignificant it is. Espn will probably be the first to bash him at that point and say they thought it the whole time.

like you said it is about ratings...but what would they be saying if they dogged him a few months after they said he is the greatest running back in the history of football. they dont talk about his rushing stats EVER because they 'pad' his stats...all they talk about is his total yards from rushing, receiving, and returns. those can be extremely deceaving when the vast majority of america just gets their info from the box score or from espn...its all ratings though and they continue to hype him with as much air time and necks on the line they have 'invested' in him.

*please note i am not rediculing the way sean payton is using reggie bush or that reggie bush is a bust or horrible player. quite the contrary
I've never gotten into any Reggie debates on this board and I don't think I'm going to start now due to the slight bitter residue that lingers. I will say, however that I think the second this story is proved true, the major outlets will cover it to the degree which they see fit.

Now, you and many others may not be satisfied with the degree of coverage the story gets if it falls short of anything but a practical public crucifixion, but the fact of the matter is that athletes being involved in shady dealings only garners so much attention these days.

Every sports outlet in America had just as much, if not ten times more, time and rep "invested" (as you put it) in Kobe Bryant before his legal matters came about. I don't seem to recall anyone failing to talk about that incident 24-7 because it was a big deal involving a major star (whom they built up to be the next Michael Jordan). ESPN doesn't owe anyone anything, at not in the sense that they will avoid covering a story to save their necks.

You say they pump up his stats to serve their agenda, so to speak. If that's true, then it would be for the same purpose they would be all over this story the second it were to actually prove itself beyond any reasonable doubt, which is to garner the attention of the casual sports fan looking for a story.

EDIT: And I know you're not attacking Reggie as a player or saying he sucks, I didn't take it that way at all. That's an entirely different debate that I choose not to participate in here.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read