Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-05-2007   #1
David's Busted Carr
Veteran

Default How could you NOT want this guy on your team?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP5RgOy5fjA&eurl=

Pay attention the the highlight starting at 2:20. It reminds me of someone who used to run in an Oilers uniform!
David's Busted Carr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #2
canadiantexan
Veteran

Default Re: How could you NOT want this guy on your team?

Everytime I see one of his video's I want him more and more.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd love to see Peterson on the Texans. But, I'd also like to see him carry the ball in the correct arm with more consistancy.

Who does Peterson remind me of? Eric Dickerson with more power? Herschel Walker with more wiggle? Yeah, he's going to be good.
Old 02-05-2007   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like he only shows up for home games.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #5
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I like him a lot better than I ever liked Bush.
Old 02-05-2007   #6
texans83
All Pro

They show some of the same runs over and over again but from diffrent cameras.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #7
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
They show some of the same runs over and over again but from diffrent cameras.
that's why i like this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F60Odxxztew
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-05-2007   #8
jjcorvallis
Rookie

I would love to have AP in our team, but i don't think the Browns will let him go. Troy Smith will be available in 2nd round.

If he does fall, take him no matter what. No questions asked.
jjcorvallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

if the Browns do decide to draft a rookie QB, they will probably take a franchise LT in Thomas.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #10
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
if the Browns do decide to draft a rookie QB, they will probably take a franchise LT in Thomas.
I see the Browns potentialy taking Quinn, AP, or possibly Thomas (if there). Lets hope its the other two and Adrian falls to us.
Old 02-05-2007   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes lets hope. Two years watching the guy go form booboo to booboo or getting stuffed constanlty behind a sub parr line is going to be breath taking.
I can hardly wait.
Old 02-05-2007   #12
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

I don't think anyone is totally opposed to taking AP with the 8th pick. Just curious how well he is going to do behind a sub par line unless that is addressed in FA or later in the draft. If we get some decent FA pickups that plug up some holes i wouldn't be opposed to taking him. Of course i think a good S would help this team more. See bob Sanders impact in his return to the colts lineup in the first playoff game and what he did in the superbowl. A FF and a pick.
Old 02-05-2007   #13
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

4:09 was may favorite he is so fast
ChrisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Yes lets hope. Two years watching the guy go form booboo to booboo or getting stuffed constanlty behind a sub parr line is going to be breath taking.
I can hardly wait.

I have to ask this question.

have you ever actually seen the Texans offensive line play football?

The reason I ask that is because you would probably know that they suffered injuries to both starting tackles and their starting center last season if you had seen them play football.

You would probably know that for most of the season our running backs were a hurt Ron Dayne, an out of sync Samkon Gado (forget about what you learned in training camp come on down and play in this offense instead), a sixth round guy named Wali Lundy, and Chris Taylor on the inactive list again and again. We still averaged over a hundred yards a game.

You might have noticed that over the final 5 weeks of the season the Texans ran the ball very effectively with a healthy Ron Dayne, an active Chris Taylor, and some backup linemen with enough reps to start to be effective.

Pass protection and run blocking are two different things. The Texans can run block and next season they'll do it even better than last year. If you don't want to spend the pick on a RB that's cool but just say it man, no need to go talking about how bad they suck and will suck for the next two years. If they're going to be incapable of running the ball even with Adrian Peterson for two more years then why bother to watch?
Old 02-05-2007   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

You going to make me go through my sack of stuff and start searchin' for plays...post injuries, and pre injuries why this o-line doesn't cut it ? Hasn't cut it for six years...under any system ? I remeber a Green Bay game recently....first and ten on our own forty nine...remeber. Got the lead...remeber. You've got at best...a question mark at LT. A grey bearded center whos tires are lets just say...worn, a second year fifth rounder behind him, and a prospect at RT. Have I seen our line play ? In spades for five years..And I'm posting...you go into '07 with all day and what they have currently in house you can pretty much kiss off '07. Now if you're telling me that we're doing this, going to bite the bullet on '07 and take it in the kister again for draft position for '08, ...like we've always done...OK. You're gamble there is that the Hits AP takes in '07 are going to be negilgable. And I just hope you guys are correct. You build a team inside out. Lines first. Skill guys second. Why ? Because the other way does not work. What is it about that that you don't understand ? Hasn't worked in forty years. Hasn't worked for the Texasns in six years...and will not work in '07. Or '08...Or '09. I can stand is long as you can. But sooner or later the lines on this team will have to be addressed....with tallent, not hope.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 02-05-2007 at 05:44 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #16
dgar3752
Rookie

I really think that we are going to miss out on Peterson. It seems to me that the vikes are very likely to trade up for CJ, leaving the browns to take Peterson right before our selection.
dgar3752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You going to make me go through my sack of stuff and start searchin' for plays...post injuries, and pre injuries why this o-line doen't cut it ? Hasn't cut it for six years...under any system ? I remeber a Green Bay game recently....first and ten on our own forty nine...remeber. Got the lead...remeber. You've got at best...a question mark at LT. A grey bearded center whos tires are lets just say...worn, a second year fifth rounder behind him, and a prospect at RT. Have I seen our line play ? In spades for five years..And I'm posting...you go into '07 with all day and what they have currently in house you can pretty much kiss off '07. Now if you're telling me that we're doing this, going to bite the bullet on '07 and take it in the kister again for draft position for '08, ...like we've always done...OK. You're gamble there is that the Hits AP takes in '07 are going to be negilgable. And I just hope you guys are correct. You build a team inside out. Lines first. Skill guys second. Why ? Because the other way does not work. What is it about that that you don't understand ? Hasn't worked in forty years. Hasn't worked for the Texasns in six years...and will not work in '07. Or '08...Or '09. I can stand is long as you can. But sooner or later the lines on this team will have to be addressed....with tallent, not hope.
You do realize that run blocking and pass blocking are different things, right? Despite being close to the worst pass blocking OL in terms of sacks over the past years, our OL hasn't been bad at opening up holes for our backs. I couldn't get before 2003, so here are the stats:

2003: 23rd in yards per game (104)

2004: 12th in yards per game (118)

2005: 15th in yards per game (114)

2006: 21st in yards per game (106)

Imagine how different those numbers would have been if we werent always playing from behind and could run the ball a little more? Imagine how different those numbers would be if we had the same starting OL in all the time? Imagine how different those numbers would be with a top 10 back.

Notice how good they were when DD was our primary back? (04 and 05) Notice the drop offs in 03 and 06 without him? Imagine AD instead of DD? Those 12s and 15s go to 5s and 8s.
Old 02-05-2007   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgar3752 View Post
I really think that we are going to miss out on Peterson. It seems to me that the vikes are very likely to trade up for CJ, leaving the browns to take Peterson right before our selection.
Agreed leaving the Texans with the choice of moving down or taking the best need tallent available at the pick....just like...no exactly like, Rick Smith said he would do...and further...the texans will have lost absolutly nothing with that secnario.
Old 02-05-2007   #19
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed leaving the Texans with the choice of moving down or taking the best need tallent available at the pick....just like...no exactly like, Rick Smith said he would do...and further...the texans will have lost absolutly nothing with that secnario.
Except for being a top 10 running team (see above)
Old 02-05-2007   #20
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

I hate to be pessimistic, but who would we draft if Peterson is not available and we can't trade down? Levi Brown is IMO a huge reach, we can go for Tony Ugoh in the 2nd. But what about the 1st? Reggie Nelson? LaRon Landry?
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read