Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-05-2007   #1
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default kastofsna's Post Super Bowl Mock

1. Oakland - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech
2. Detroit - Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin
3. Cleveland - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
4. Tampa Bay - Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
5. Arizona - Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
6. Washington - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
7. Minnesota - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska
8. Houston - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
9. Miami - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
10. Atlanta - LaRon Landry, S, LSU
11. San Francisco - Ted Ginn, Jr, WR, Ohio State
12. Buffalo - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
13. St. Louis - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
14. Carolina - Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss
15. Pittsburgh - Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn State
16. Green Bay - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
17. Jacksonville - Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida
18. Cincinnati - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida
19. Tennessee - Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
20. New York Giants - Quinn Pitcock, DT, Ohio State
21. Denver - Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia
22. Dallas - Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee
23. Kansas City - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC
24. New England (from Seattle) - Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
25. New York Jets - Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
26. Philadelphia - Quinten Moses, DE, Georgia
27. New Orleans - Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas
28. New England - Steve Smith, WR, USC
29. Baltimore - Joe Staley, T, Central Michigan
30. San Diego - Craig Davis, WR, LSU
31. Chicago - Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan State
32. Indianapolis - Daymeion Hughes, CB, Cal
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: kastofsna's Post Super Bowl Mock

I just dont see Moss and Smith going that high in the draft.

What would you think about that Miami pick?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #3
real

I hope/doubt that some of these guys get drafted in the first that you have listed...

That would mean some serious talent will be available when we pick in the second.
Old 02-05-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

you think levi brown is gonna fall the the 2nd?
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I think it's kinda odd that Jamarcus Russell falls to you.... but eh..... I guess it could happen.

I like Oakland & Detroit using their heads for once.

I'll take Peterson...... I hate that Chicago took our QB.

I'd love to se Bowe in Tennessee..... well, that came out wrong. I think it would be a good fit, and better for us if he didn't go to Tennessee.
Old 02-05-2007   #6
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
you think levi brown is gonna fall the the 2nd?
figured i forgot someone...crap. he's a top 15 pick.

ignore this mock. and any other one i make.
Old 02-05-2007   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

So Jamarcus in not a fair enough prospect for Big Al, but he is for the dophins. Interesting.

Staley to a power offense...that's a reach. Unless you've read something on Jamal Lewis moving on or something ?
Old 02-05-2007   #8
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

ugggh. You have Hughes going to Indy....that won't make the Texans job any easier next season. I'd like to see him go elsewhere.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #9
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

While if everyone is piling on, can I ask what is up with Carricker at 7??

I've not seen him that high anywhere, and have mainly seen him projected as a 3-4 end.
Old 02-05-2007   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
figured i forgot someone...crap. he's a top 15 pick.

ignore this mock. and any other one i make.
Don't be that way. Long way to go till the end of April.
Old 02-05-2007   #11
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

USC's Steve Smith in first round?? Hmmmm. I dunno about that.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
While if everyone is piling on, can I ask what is up with Carricker at 7??

I've not seen him that high anywhere, and have mainly seen him projected as a 3-4 end.
Carriker has been solid his entire career at Nebraska.

He can play DE in any defense, not just a 3-4.

I've never been very high on him but Kastofsna has convinced me during this last season.
Old 02-06-2007   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
USC's Steve Smith in first round?? Hmmmm. I dunno about that.
prototypical patriots receiver.
Old 02-06-2007   #14
bah007
Hall of Fame

I think the Pats would look at Jason Hill from Washington St. before Smith.

I gave everybody a heads up on this guy a while ago and he looked pretty good at the Senior Bowl.

He only got the ball a few times but he looked pretty fast.

I have him ranked as the #5 WR behind Johnson, Jarrett, Bowe, & Ginn.
Old 02-06-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

well i think steve smith is only behind johnson and ginn.
Old 02-06-2007   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
well i think steve smith is only behind johnson and ginn.
Then why do you have Bowe,Meachem, and Jarrett ahead of him?
Old 02-06-2007   #17
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

because i'm not drafting for these teams..
Old 02-06-2007   #18
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

lol i couldn't help but fall out laughing when J-Russ makes it to #9.

Hell if he's there at #8 the Texans better take him. Man they better take him. I'd be PISSED. lol

Kast your drafts are always interesting.

I actually like the Smith pick to the Pats. I think he's more NFL ready than the others and definitely more polished especially since Brady needs help NOW.
Old 02-07-2007   #19
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

And you still have JaMarcus at #9 .... what a joke

You obviously don't watch LSU play
Old 02-07-2007   #20
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah agreed with Tack. I'm not sure if he goes #1 overall, but I think it is safe to say he is a top 5 pick.

I also don't like the 49ers pick too much, and would be surprised if an offensive player was drafted there. I'm not really too fond of Ginn as a prospect either.

Not sure how well Jarrett fits KC's scheme also, since he is kind of a big and slow WR, and I can't exactly see him in a Coryell offense like Kansas City's. Maybe Jarrett goes to more of a WCO oriented team.

EDIT: Another problem I have is Steve Smith going in round 1. I'm not even sure if I'd rank him as a top 15 WR in this class. I see him as more of a 4th rounder.

Last edited by SF49erFaithful; 02-07-2007 at 01:07 AM.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read