Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-05-2007   #1
swoldier
Rookie

Default Very interesting information!

Well Im not sure why Im not quite sure what it means to the Texans, but i stumbled upon some information that seems relevant to the Texans offseason. Say what you want but the facts are Nate Clements and Michael Lewis have recently bought homes in Houston and from someone working on the promo reel for next season. It does not have one clip one highlight or one mention of David Carr..... Very Interesting indeed!! What say the Texans fans?
Old 02-05-2007   #2
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Very interesting information!

Clements and Lewis probably bought homes in Houston because there is no income tax in Texas. I don't think that they bought houses in Houston last year with the intentions of signing with the Texans this offseason.

Dream all you want, but that is most likely the reality of the situation.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

They're also both from Houston. Clements is on record for being interested in playing here.....if the money's right.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #4
Bongo59
Veteran

Most players live in state with no state income tax so I would not read into too much. Clemments made some big comments about playing against VY as well saying how impressed he was with him. We are not reading much into that. I think Nate will go where the money is largest......see David Givens Houston native
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I thought Clements already lived in Houston...?
Old 02-05-2007   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoldier View Post
What say the Texans fans?
Michael Lewis is from the Houston area and would probably be very interested in joining the Texans. Nate Clements suggested on a 610AM radio interview that he would consider the Texans. But, it's all about the $$$.

I saw the "This is Football Country" season review DVD the Texans sent out. While it did show Carr's leap into the endzone against the Giants, I don't believe he was mentioned by the narrator by name. AJ, Dunta, DeMeco, and Mario were the players who were highlighted. What does that mean? Well, when was the last video the Texans produced that didn't feature David Carr?
Old 02-05-2007   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Michael Lewis is from the Houston area and would probably be very interested in joining the Texans. Nate Clements suggested on a 610AM radio interview that he would consider the Texans. But, it's all about the $$$.

I saw the "This is Football Country" season review DVD the Texans sent out. While it did show Carr's leap into the endzone against the Giants, I don't believe he was mentioned by the narrator by name. AJ, Dunta, DeMeco, and Mario were the players who were highlighted. What does that mean? Well, when was the last video the Texans produced that didn't feature David Carr?
Umm, David Carr is one of, if not the least popular Texan player right now. I think its an obvious marketing decision to focus on the popular guys like AJ, Meco, Drob and Mario.
Old 02-05-2007   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
I think its an obvious marketing decision to focus on the popular guys like AJ, Meco, Drob and Mario.
It's an obvious marketing decision to focus on the guys who will be here next season.
Old 02-05-2007   #9
CarrIsFine
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoldier View Post
Well Im not sure why Im not quite sure what it means to the Texans, but i stumbled upon some information that seems relevant to the Texans offseason. Say what you want but the facts are Nate Clements and Michael Lewis have recently bought homes in Houston and from someone working on the promo reel for next season. It does not have one clip one highlight or one mention of David Carr..... Very Interesting indeed!! What say the Texans fans?
Right on cue, with the start of the offseason come the posts full of speculation and misinfering.

I heard Carr bought a down jacket and snow boots. Could this mean he's moving somewhere with snow? Chicago? Green Bay? Probably not, but just maybe.
CarrIsFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Clements and Lewis probably bought homes in Houston because there is no income tax in Texas.
I dunno Tulexan, but are you saying that Clements, who earns all of his income and resides for much of the year in the state of NY can avoid the state income tax of NY if he buys a home in a non-IT state like TX on the theory that TX is his legal domicile ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno Tulexan, but are you saying that Clements, who earns all of his income and resides for much of the year in the state of NY can avoid the state income tax of NY if he buys a home in a non-IT state like TX on the theory that TX is his legal domicile ?
Yup. Bush senior did it for years and he only had an address at the Houston Club IIRC. It is based on where you claim your primary home. Have to go there a few times a year I think.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #12
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That would be correct. I do the same thing every year. He probably will have to pay the "luxery tax" I keep hearing about for very high wage earners.
Old 02-05-2007   #13
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

If we get both of them are defense will improve immediatetly and drastically!
Old 02-05-2007   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59303 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Clements and Lewis probably bought homes in Houston because there is no income tax in Texas. I don't think that they bought houses in Houston last year with the intentions of signing with the Texans this offseason.

Dream all you want, but that is most likely the reality of the situation.
Why're you crapping on my heart?!?!?!?!
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Old 02-05-2007   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I dunno........ If I cross the state line & work in Lousianna, they take Lousianna State Income tax out of my paycheck...... then I have to file at the end of the year....

But..... there's no way that Clements or Lewis could believe they'll be Texans next year.... & nobody buys a house on Wishful thinking.
Old 02-05-2007   #16
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I dunno........ If I cross the state line & work in Lousianna, they take Lousianna State Income tax out of my paycheck...... then I have to file at the end of the year....

But..... there's no way that Clements or Lewis could believe they'll be Texans next year.... & nobody buys a house on Wishful thinking.
Some states make you fill out a waiver. If you don't, thye take the tax out. Talk to your employer. La. and Kentucky are hard states to deal with, though.
Old 02-05-2007   #17
old football fan
Veteran

Quote:
If you earn money in that state you must pay their income tax. My wife does payroll for an international co. who is also in all 50 states. Ask an Astros player. If he plays a game in calif. he must pay income tax to Calif. It's not where you live but where you EARNED the money at.
old football fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #18
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by old football fan View Post
If he plays a game in calif. he must pay income tax to Calif. It's not where you live but where you EARNED the money at.
I don't think you meant it like that...

Because that's like saying If I work for a company that sends me out of state to do work, then I'd have to pay said states income tax...

Isn't it supposed to be determined by where your job is located ?
Old 02-05-2007   #19
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Some states make you fill out a waiver. If you don't, thye take the tax out. Talk to your employer. La. and Kentucky are hard states to deal with, though.
You are absolutely correct. I work in La. and when I got hired, I signed a waiver to avoid paying La. state taxes.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #20
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Not all that surprising about Clements & Lewis buying houses in the Houston area. They get more bang for their buck down in this region when it comes to real estate.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read