Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Life will change for NFL viewers

JustBonee

Veteran
??? Speculation, but isn't it always all about the money.

"Monday Night Football is in its 35th season on ABC. There might not be a 37th."

"NFL owners want more than a token pay raise from the networks, while the networks are trying to figure out just how valuable the NFL really is."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5915930/

I hope most of that article is wrong, but I did like the idea of moving the start times back. I usually miss most of the first quarter coming home from church. As for there bieng no Monday Night Football, or more games on Cable, I just don't see it happening. I know owners want money, but I don't think they will ask for so much that the networks won't take the deal. That would hurt the leagues visiablity, and thus the owners pocketbook.

I always here about possible changes to the Monday night schedule, like have two games scheduled and but the better on ABC and the other on ESPN. I think that would help, so many games now are bad games (like Titans and Packers), but if they had a different game to game to put on, the general football fan would watch the better game, and the loyal fans would still watch their team on Cable. So in the long run, a bigger TV audience. :twocents:

I think 2 monday night games would be awesome. but madden could only commentate one. wait a tic. that would rock. i hate madden's "insight".

Monday Night Football is an American Tradition , would be a travesty if it were no more . :thumbdown
As V-man said "it would hurt the leagues visability" i think that is a very true statement , kinda like when Baseball was removed from monday night primetime . that and the strike of 94 ? the game has never recovered to its former prominence.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of rumblings the past few years about pay-per-view for ALL NFL games.

As much as I love pro football, I would probably be extremely p.o.'ed if greed overcomes the league and screws the average fan out of our regular football Sundays.

I mean, we already fork out over 400 million of taxpayer money for the stadium!

There has to be an equalibrium point that is both good for the league and good for the fans. Demanding more money from the little guy is definitely NOT the course to take if the NFL wants it's product to remain viable.

Back