Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-04-2007   #1
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Grossman done in Chicago...

He's not the only reason the Bears lost, but they might win that game with Griese. Grossman alternates between being gunshy and taking undue risks, makes the offense ridiculously predictable, and just turns it over too much. He was probably worse against New Orleans, and I hope now we can put to bed the any QB can win a SB theory.

Not to pile on the kid, but he had no business playing in that game. The stats don't look that bad, but he seldom threatened and pretty much gave the game away in the fourth. He's really done up there... he's a million dollar arm and a wooden-nickel head in my opinion. He's got a club option for 2008, but 2007 will be his last. Just doesn't respond to adversity well and way too erratic.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #2
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Default Re: Grossman done in Chicago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Toro View Post
He's not the only reason the Bears lost, but they might win that game with Griese. Grossman alternates between being gunshy and taking undue risks, makes the offense ridiculously predictable, and just turns it over too much. He was probably worse against New Orleans, and I hope now we can put to bed the any QB can win a SB theory.

Not to pile on the kid, but he had no business playing in that game. The stats don't look that bad, but he seldom threatened and pretty much gave the game away in the fourth. He's really done up there... he's a million dollar arm and a wooden-nickel head in my opinion. He's got a club option for 2008, but 2007 will be his last. Just doesn't respond to adversity well and way too erratic.
Does he remind you of anyone else in the NFL? LOL...
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt he will be starting next year.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #4
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

I really think the game would be have more thrilling if the Saints had gone instead. From the beginning I knew Grossman wouldn't be able to help any. Only time in the game I liked the Bears being there was the opening kickoff. Devin Hester, you are an animal.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #5
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He fumbled snaps right into his hands and made throws while not being pressured that were just uncalled for. Sounds familiar to people around here. He lost it as much as anyone. The plays he made directly led to either scores or having his defense come back on the field after helping out the team. Look at it this way. Manning ont he Bears easily outduels the Colts. Manning on the Colts makes them better by a little bit. The Bears had talent, just not the triggerman.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #6
DarkNinja
Veteran

Even though it rained cats and dogs.....He still played like David Carr. It was a good game.
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #7
Mr. B
Rookie

Totally agree wishing the Saints would have made it to the Superbowl. Sorry they lost but it just wasn't there day what with the weather and sloppy play.

Man what a party that would have been. Don't think the NFL would have ever seen anything like that.

As for Grossman being done. I don't know I think what happened was just trying to make to much happen in the second half and forcing.

Lots of the Blame could go on the couching. They really could have run the ball more instead.

B
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-04-2007   #8
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Not having Benson also hurt them as they didn't have the 1-2 punch they had for the season.
Old 02-04-2007   #9
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

I thin David Carr would have been able to make some the throws that Rex could not.
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #10
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
The Bears had talent, just not the triggerman.
Absolutely... it's a shame really, tough situation for that whole team and Rex. Lovie was in an impossible situation, but it was pretty clear after that Saints game that they didn't have a snowball's chance with Rex behind center. They were 7 point dogs despite outclassing IND in every phase and position on the field except for QB and WR.

His mechanics are awful (in a way that affects his throws), he seems to lack poise, is smaller than ideal, and makes some horrible decisions. He can throw a nice deep ball though.
Old 02-04-2007   #11
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 39107 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. B View Post
Lots of the Blame could go on the couching. They really could have run the ball more instead.

B
Surprisingly, that is what a lot of teams tried to do to the Colts this postseason.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #12
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Amigo Invisible View Post
I thin David Carr would have been able to make some the throws that Rex could not.
Let's not feed the flames.
Then again, this game could put them in the hunt for a new QB.
Old 02-04-2007   #13
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stros5Texans80 View Post
Let's not feed the flames.
Then again, this game could put them in the hunt for a new QB.
They are in the hunt for a new QB... definitely. At this point, I think they'd want a cool veteran who can just manage ballgames... limited upside but little downside. Griese might be that guy... maybe Schaub's their man... definitely not Plummer.
Old 02-04-2007   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe they'll make a trade for David Carr thinking he's the answer. Actually...I think Carr would have had a better game than Grossman did today. Grossman has a decent O-line.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Absolutely... it's a shame really, tough situation for that whole team and Rex. Lovie was in an impossible situation, but it was pretty clear after that Saints game that they didn't have a snowball's chance with Rex behind center. They were 7 point dogs despite outclassing IND in every phase and position on the field except for QB and WR.

His mechanics are awful (in a way that affects his throws), he seems to lack poise, is smaller than ideal, and makes some horrible decisions. He can throw a nice deep ball though.
Well said. That is exactly what I was getting at. The Bears with another QB..just above average..have the advantage in most areas.
Old 02-04-2007   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Maybe they'll make a trade for David Carr thinking he's the answer. Actually...I think Carr would have had a better game than Grossman did today. Grossman has a decent O-line.
I'm not sure. Honestly, the plays being made were like watching a Texans film. Forcing throws while stepping up...floating ones to the outside and fumbling snaps.
Old 02-04-2007   #17
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
Surprisingly, that is what a lot of teams tried to do to the Colts this postseason.
Yeah... a bit foolish, Bob Sanders makes a world of difference, like having another MLB in running situations. Mathis, Freeney, and Sanders surrounded by average players makes for a pretty decent D if your O can control the clock.
Old 02-04-2007   #18
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
We can ONLY hope!
Old 02-04-2007   #19
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Grossman did about what i expected for a guy who is just now is finally completing his 1st full season being healthy. He's also still young so.... You guys forget that pretty much all through the 1st half the bears led, but i told everyone i talked to about the game that if "bad" Rex showed up, that was at least a 10 pt. spot in favor of the colts.

I think that their defense which was among the tops in the league also let them down a bit IMO. Partly b/c of coaching (where's the blitzing?) Just sitting back & letting Manning dink all game long instead of forcing him to throw before he wanted to, was a big mistake by the coaching staff. More running could have helped them establish some type of ryhthm on offense & maybe could have kept Manning & co. off the field.

But all in hindsight.......
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #20
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Grossman did about what i expected for a guy who is just starting his first full season. You guys forget that pretty much all through the 1st half the bears led, but i told everyone i talked to about the game that if "bad" Rex showed up, that was at least a 10 pt. spot in favor of the colts.

I think that their defense which was among the tops in the league also let them down a bit IMO. Partly b/c of coaching (where's the blitzing?) Just sitting back & letting Manning dink all game long instead of forcing him to throw before he wanted to, was a big mistake by the coaching staff. More running could have helped them establish some type of ryhthm on offense & maybe could have kept Manning & co. off the field.

But all in hindsight.......
It's his 4th year in the league, he should have left some of those balls back in Gainesville as a freshman. "Bad Rex" is the Rex against good D's or in close games... 2 TDs and 12 INTs against Minn., Miami, and NE.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read