Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-04-2007   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default I guess i will be the first one to say it...

We Beat The Super Bowl Champions!!!!!
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I guess i will be the first one to say it...

woo hoo!!
Old 02-04-2007   #3
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
woo hoo!!
haha i like it g. i'm so pumped that was a pretty good game....lot's of turnovers too. great for the D.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its so great. Ive been to a lot of games, but the only time i've ever been at a Texans win was against the superbowl champs.
Old 02-04-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Its so great. Ive been to a lot of games, but the only time i've ever been at a Texans win was against the superbowl champs.
such a great game...i remember looking at peyton when our winning field goal kick went through the goal post.
Old 02-04-2007   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston Texans reg season.....24-56 .300
vs Super Bowl teams................2-4 .333

Go figure.
Old 02-04-2007   #7
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
such a great game...i remember looking at peyton when our winning field goal kick went through the goal post.
2nd biggest win in Texans history. First obviously being the Cowboys game. Someday we'll be playing in the playoffs! 2007 season!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-04-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
2nd biggest win in Texans history. First obviously being the Cowboys game. Someday we'll be playing in the playoffs! 2007 season!
Yea, no joke. the cowboys and colts....they are the two biggest victories for us thus far.
Old 02-04-2007   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

The last game the Colts lost was to the Texans.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
The last game the Colts lost was to the Texans.
Very true but there's an even bigger consideration now. What happens (very often but not always) to Super Bowl winners the year after they win it all?

They often become strangely "beatable" for some reason. I'm very curious about how that's going to work with the Colts. I can't for the life of me think of any reason why they'd be less difficult to play next season but it happens to a lot of teams that you wouldn't think would have a let-down.

If it does happen to Indy then what is that going to do to the AFC South?
Old 02-04-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Very true but there's an even bigger consideration now. What happens (very often but not always) to Super Bowl winners the year after they win it all?

They often become strangely "beatable" for some reason. I'm very curious about how that's going to work with the Colts. I can't for the life of me think of any reason why they'd be less difficult to play next season but it happens to a lot of teams that you wouldn't think would have a let-down.

the titans are on the rise too as much as we don't want to admit it. don't know what the jags will look like though. colts lose cato june...but prob not freeny to FA? us vs titans for afc champions...i hope we win...and i love being optimistic
Old 02-04-2007   #12
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Was it me or did Rex Grossman look like David Carr on a team with a good O-line?????
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #13
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by big sarge View Post
Was it me or did Rex Grossman look like David Carr on a team with a good O-line?????
I'm pretty sure he looked worse.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #14
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Quote:
the titans are on the rise too as much as we don't want to admit it. don't know what the jags will look like though. colts lose cato june...but prob not freeny to FA? us vs titans for afc champions...i hope we win...and i love being optimistic
You and me both on that one. Would't feel bad for the Colts all of a sudden being horrible in the AFC South - as long as we are much improved. If the Saints can do it why can't the Texans?

So of the 2006 c/o rookies, Joseph Addai ended up winning the ring. Aweseom!!!! Gotta give props to the other hometown guy.
Old 02-05-2007   #15
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

We... Are.... Victorious.....
Old 02-05-2007   #16
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by big sarge View Post
The group I was with pointed that out quite early and loudly, lol. He played alot like Carr.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFan View Post
You and me both on that one. Would't feel bad for the Colts all of a sudden being horrible in the AFC South - as long as we are much improved. If the Saints can do it why can't the Texans?

So of the 2006 c/o rookies, Joseph Addai ended up winning the ring. Aweseom!!!! Gotta give props to the other hometown guy.
yea i'm really glad for peyton, harrison, and addai...not to mention all the other colts that really deserve this. im glad for addai he has been a great rookie stepping in to help fill edges shoes.

As far as the saints go...i think they just had an absolutely horrible year last year....they made a tremendous leap this year and i think we have too many holes to do that in one year. if we want to fix this mess fast...it'll take two years...not including last year.
Old 02-05-2007   #18
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
yea i'm really glad for peyton, harrison, and addai...not to mention all the other colts that really deserve this. im glad for addai he has been a great rookie stepping in to help fill edges shoes.

As far as the saints go...i think they just had an absolutely horrible year last year....they made a tremendous leap this year and i think we have too many holes to do that in one year. if we want to fix this mess fast...it'll take two years...not including last year.
I agree about the mess clean-up. If Bob McNair wants to build a champion here, he needs to look at what the Rooney's have done in Pittsburgh. The key is to have patience with your head coach. If McNair's smart, he'll give Gary the time he needs to build us a champion.
Old 02-05-2007   #19
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Well they didn't beat the Superbowl Champions... They beat a team going into the playoffs this season. Now if they beat them in 2007, then they can say they beat the Superbowl champions..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #20
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

Well, it's like this. That defense is not as good, against the run in particular, as it has played up to for the last 4 games. They rode a wave and it's going to die out before next season starts. They will be good overall of course, but not like this.

The AFC South next year? MADHOUSE. That's all I can say about it. It'll be a fun ride. I realize I have no facts at all to support my theories, but that's when I'm usually right.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read