Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-04-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Throwing While Black

http://cosmicvariance.com/2006/07/30...g-while-black/

Quote:
Warren Moon always wanted to be a quarterback. He had all the physical tools, as well as tremendous leadership abilities and a fierce determination to win. Only one problem: he was black. As stupid as it may sound, not too long ago conventional wisdom held that black people couldn’t be quarterbacks — they were athletes, not thinkers.

Moon was a successful high school football player in LA, despite playing in the kind of atmosphere where you received death threats from gang members playing for the opposing team. But he couldn’t get a scholarship offer from a major college. Well, that’s not exactly right — he did get offers, but only under the condition that he switch positions to running back or defensive back. One school, Arizona State, recruited him as a quarterback, but rescinded their scholarship offer after they signed two other (white) quarterbacks.
I thought this was a decent article. My personal opinion is I don't care if anyone is Black,White,Green,Yellow,Red,Purple, whatever, if they can do the job, I am good with it
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #2
big sarge
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 big sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbig sarge is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Throwing While Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
http://cosmicvariance.com/2006/07/30...g-while-black/

I thought this was a decent article. My personal opinion is I don't care if anyone is Black,White,Green,Yellow,Red,Purple, whatever, if they can do the job, I am good with it

AMEN.....That says it all!!!!
big sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007   #3
Ckw

Great article! Thanks Wolf.
Old 02-05-2007   #4
stevo3883
All Pro

I don't want any of those purple people playing quarterback for my team!!
Old 02-05-2007   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah the might be wrinkled like a prune
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read