Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-04-2007   #1
Ali4Real

Question Ideas For A Better Texan Team In 2007-2008

This may sound absured, but do we have any players we can give away to the Raiders or any picks for maybe Derrick Burgesses (I know he's their best player but can that happen?)

1. What's up with this hype about Corey Redding?

2. Adalius Thomas is in the FA...right? How about him next to DeMeco Ryans next year sound?

3. If we take Adrian Peterson like so many of you responded in my poll, what happens to Ron Dayne, Wali Lundy, Chris Talyor?

4. Could Kevin Kolb play for the Texans and maybe become our franchise QB?

5. Here's how I hope our D would look (Some of you may think I am dreaming, but seriosuly how about this *I am considering injured players won't be back (e.g. Seth Payne???)

Dunta Robinson CC Brown Glenn Earl Nate Clements
(Could gain weight and maybe become 190Lbs.?)

Adaluis Thomas DeMeco Ryans Patrick Willis, Rufus Alexander)??

Mario Williams Anthony Madoxx Anthony Weaver Jason Babin

Playoffs for the Texans?????
Old 02-04-2007   #2
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideas For A Better Texan Team In 2007-2008

Are you aware that you listed 12 players on the defense... that is one way to get a leg up on the opposition.

Although if I was going to slip an extra guy on I would be slipping on another guy to help in deep coverage...
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #3
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

What's absurd is the color and font you used
Old 02-04-2007   #4
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

This may sound absured, but do we have any players we can give away to the Raiders or any picks for maybe Derrick Burgesses (I know he's their best player but can that happen?)

Wouldn't think that this would happen, the price would be too high I would think, hopefully we can get a rookie from the deep DE class this year.

Can't help on this one, not a guy that I am too familiar with.

2. Adalius Thomas is in the FA...right? How about him next to DeMeco Ryans next year sound?
Sounds great in theory but I imagine it would be very hard to bring off in real life because he is one of the top FA out there and we aren't the most attractive team going around.

3. If we take Adrian Peterson like so many of you responded in my poll, what happens to Ron Dayne, Wali Lundy, Chris Talyor?
I would think they all stay and DW goes away.

Unlikely from what I hear, he doesn't suit the system according to those who know more than I.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #5
texman8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali4Real View Post

5. Here's how I hope our D would look (Some of you may think I am dreaming, but seriosuly how about this *I am considering injured players won't be back (e.g. Seth Payne???)

Dunta Robinson CC Brown Glenn Earl Nate Clements
(Could gain weight and maybe become 190Lbs.?)

Adaluis Thomas DeMeco Ryans Patrick Willis, Rufus Alexander)??

Mario Williams Anthony Madoxx Anthony Weaver Jason Babin

Playoffs for the Texans?????
1. Redding had a good year,,,,probably will get transistion tag from Lions.

2. Adalius Thomas is a DE. 6' 2" 270 lbs. He is not a Sam LB.

3. If we pick Peterson....Dayne will be power back situational RB. Lundy and Taylor...backups.

4. I'm guessing we're trading down to get Willis which is ok but I doubt we pick Rufus Alexander, also,
texman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #6
htownfoozball
Veteran

lundy would be on the practice team or cut. he didnt do anything last year and has no upside. he has no speed or power.
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texman8 View Post
2. Adalius Thomas is a DE. 6' 2" 270 lbs. He is not a Sam LB.

Adalius Thomas plays outside linebacker for the Baltimore Ravens. He has also lined up at defensive end, defensive tackle, strong safety and cornerback. He is a freak of an athlete.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read