Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-04-2007   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Man Crush" Draft picks

this is kinda funny but try to be serious & express your opinion of who you have a "Man Crush" on as far as any of the Texans picks or the 07 draft in general. open forum for any thoughts feedback, reasoning etc....why you feel strongly this particular football player will be NFL pro bowl material, team leader, do everything prospect that you would want to represent you & the Texans.

Levi Brown- a man amongst boyz, huge dominating left tackle & surprisingly cat quick. very intelligent with a dry sense of humor someone his teamates could look up to (here seen w/joe paw) & believe hes got their back(side).

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 02-04-2007 at 03:26 PM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Man Crush" Draft picks

Well, I know for a fact that Gaither will be an All-Pro LT, but he pulled out of this draft. I'm open to a lot. I think beerlover can also list Okoye as a "man-crush."

I guess I would say my "man-crush" of the draft is Chris Houston. Strong, physical, agile CB specializing in man coverage which he played at Ark.
Old 02-04-2007   #3
Coach C.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11 Coach C. is a Pro BowlerCoach C. is a Pro Bowler

YTF is right on target. Chris Houston is big-time and if he is available in the second with anyone but Meriweather around he is easily my pick. Obviously Meriweather. I am a big fan of the U I guess, because it seems I am always wanting us to take at least one player from there.
Old 02-04-2007   #4
texanfan2100
Veteran

Kind of obvious (see avatar). I would love for the Texans to take Nelson, but not at number 8 unless he shoots up the draft board in workouts. It would have to be a trade down scenario. But Nelson is what the Texans are missing. We have two strong safeties (Earl,Brown), and I'm not sure either one of them are starting quality. The top free agent option (Lewis) is also a strong safety.

What I'm saying is that a good FS is very hard to find. Nelson is a playmaker, something the Texans don't have enough of on defense. He can cover up alot of coverage mistakes, and would open up the Texans to do more on defense (blitzes) because they won't be afraid to trust their safety in coverage. I really think the Texans were conservative on defense this year because leaving CC Brown as the lone deep safety scared the hell out of them. Can't blame them - it scared the hell out of me too.

Anyways, just my .
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #5
travfrancis
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 travfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballottravfrancis is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to travfrancis

Patrick Willis
JaMarcus Russell
travfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #6
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Lorenzo Booker can be a late day 1 early day 2 steal. I think him and Dayne would compliment eachother perfectly.
Old 02-04-2007   #7
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66182 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881 View Post
Lorenzo Booker can be a late day 1 early day 2 steal. I think him and Dayne would compliment eachother perfectly.
The guy dances more than Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice in retirement, I don't see it.

My man crush draft pick is LaRon Landry.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-04-2007   #8
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
The guy dances more than Emmitt Smith and Jerry Rice in retirement, I don't see it.

My man crush draft pick is LaRon Landry.
My man-crush draft pick is David Ball. It's obvious that the Texans should go with Okoye in the first round, at least to me. David Ball can do everything you'd want in a possible 5th round pick. He doesn't have blazing speed, but makes up for it with his route running and big catch ability.
Old 02-04-2007   #9
amazingandre
All Pro

actually mine would have to be laron landry the videos ive seen on youtube....i just cant imagine what peyton would do if he got creamed like that......
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Adrian Peterson. He'll be a big time running back in the NFL!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #11
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

okoye
AP
Lynch
Landry
Nelson
J.anderson
g.adams

all good players i wouldnt mind

but i like okoye the best cause he could be our tommie harris
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #12
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

For the past couple of years, we have spent three first round picks on DL and out of these three picks we wasted two picks on Travis Johnson and Babin. I think its time for us to focus on the offensive side of the ball.

I realize Okoye, Branch, and Anderson are all good picks but the best pick for Texans in round 1 would be AD if he is available. If AD is selected ahead of us then I don't mind Texans spending number 8 at any of these guys.

We have so many needs that it will take couple of years to fill just the bare minimum. On offense we have no consistent running game, our OL stinks, and yes we also have QB issues to resolve. I have hard time seeing Carr as our QB.

On Defense: we need really dominant DT who can push the pocket allowing Mario Williams to do his thing, we also need another pass rushing DE to play opposite side to MW (Weaver is not much of pass rushing threat) , We definitely need another CB to play across Robinson, Safety position needs to be upgraded, and yes we do need SAM (OLB).

Special team - both kickers and punters needs to be up graded.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

my man crush for the last few months would probably have to be Laron Landry. The problem is i think there will be higher rated guys that we would choose before him. I also like AP too.

And for all those that say his nickname is AD and not AP go eat it....I call him AP cuz thats his initials.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #14
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
my man crush for the last few months would probably have to be Laron Landry. The problem is i think there will be higher rated guys that we would choose before him. I also like AP too.

And for all those that say his nickname is AD and not AP go eat it....I call him AP cuz thats his initials.
very good point...I've been wondering why "AD" is typed when referring to AP (adrian peterson)....whats his nickname? where did he get it from?

I kept looking at the keyboard thinking my typing skills were diminishing cause I thought people were missing the p and hitting the d...but they are no where near each other and I had to triple check once I saw "AD" on every draft thread with him mentioned....????
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea his nickname is All Day...which is cool and all but I just refer to him by AP (his initials). so I don't have a problem either way...i just get annoyed when people get pissed off by saying i'm doing it wrong.

i forgot my reasoning though...i like laron's leadership qualities.. having Mario (dline), demeco (linebackers), dunta (cornerbacks), and landry (safeties), each group has a very solid leader. that has been in the league less than 4 years
Old 02-04-2007   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

this is about 20 beers later but if you have a legit "man crush" on a player you have to stick by his side no matter what the draft police have to say. if you like LaRon Landry by god stand up and say so. I think he is a terrific player too, if the Texans selected him @ #8 and both Levi & AP where gone then so be it. other than those two players he could have the biggest impact (bang for the buck) the Texans could select.

another player who has somehow escaped the radar, but that I have to mention (no man love) is Darrelle Revis, Cb Pitt. along with Reggie Nelson, FS Florida have some serious upside thats not yet charted. regarding Okoye, Louisville he is a projection pick, very scarey. I've watched him all season long & still not convinced what position he will play in the NFL, however my best case for him would be to go to a team with solid, experienced DL he could learn from, I'd very careful not to subject him into the starting lineup immediately.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 02-04-2007   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Agreed. i think if peterson is gone we have to take him..regardless of any other need. if he is gone there are a few players we could take that could be smarter but with the whole 'man crush' i have a landry...he would feel a huge need we have...even if it is a reach...it's not one i would be upset about.
Old 02-04-2007   #18
beerlover
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Agreed. i think if peterson is gone we have to take him..regardless of any other need. if he is gone there are a few players we could take that could be smarter but with the whole 'man crush' i have a landry...he would feel a huge need we have...even if it is a reach...it's not one i would be upset about.
Ole Miss Texan, one would think based upon your avatar sig that Patrick Willis is your man

2012 Draft was Mercilus
Old 02-04-2007   #19
DMars87
Rookie

hey dunta23, i happen to think that 7 "man crushes" is too much for any man, just kidding... but seriously. Anywayz, mine would also have to be LaRon Landry
DMars87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Ole Miss Texan, one would think based upon your avatar sig that Patrick Willis is your man
no doubt...talk about a crush...lol. i've been looking forward to the day we draft him for 2 years. but in the postion we are in i can't see this ever happening so its sad for me. i want him soooo bad its not funny i just dont see this happening and to be completely truthful i don't think it would be the wisest move for us. based on our needs we need to go a different direction in the 1st round as much as i hate saying it. i would love it and would probably by a jersey of his in every color but as far as our franchise goes we need FS,CB,DE,DT,OL,RB before LB in the 1st...sad to say.

Thanks for pointing it out though...lol big man crush...especially with his character if you throw that in...his playing ability alone will get him selected top 15 imo but with his character and the kind of person he is will be an asset to all the team...he's a true leader and a great man.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read