Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

mock Texans picks

rickyb

Scarlet is hot.
The Troy Smith in the 3rd poll motivated me to post some mocks I had been fooling around with. What are your thoughts on these?

A.
1 - Landry, S
2 - Staley, OT
3 - Datish, C
4 - TBD, RB (maybe D Wright)

B.
1 - Landry
2 - Staley
3 - C Houston, CB
4 - D Wright
5 - D Mozes, C

C.
1 - Levi Brown, OT
2 - Merriweather, S
3 - C Houston, CB

D.
1 - Levi Brown, OT
2 - McCauley, CB
3 - Datish, C

E.

1. Levi Brown OT, Darrelle Revis Cb, Leron Landry FS
2. Ryan Kalil C, Chris Houston Cb, Brandon Meriweather FS,
3. Anthony Spencer DE, Doug Datish C, Tanard Jackson Cb, Josh Wilson Cb

The Troy Smith in the 3rd poll motivated me to post some mocks I had been fooling around with. What are your thoughts on these?

A.
1 - Landry, S
2 - Staley, OT
3 - Datish, C
4 - TBD, RB (maybe D Wright)

B.
1 - Landry
2 - Staley
3 - C Houston, CB
4 - D Wright
5 - D Mozes, C

C.
1 - Levi Brown, OT
2 - Merriweather, S
3 - C Houston, CB

D.
1 - Levi Brown, OT
2 - McCauley, CB
3 - Datish, C

I like the thought of Datish in the third...personally I like Reggie Nelson with our first pick and if available, maybe a guy like Aaron Sears in the 2nd

I like the thought of Datish in the third...personally I like Reggie Nelson with our first pick and if available, maybe a guy like Aaron Sears in the 2nd

I like this one for the Texans:

1 - Amobi Okoye
2 - David Irons
3 - Kevin Kolb
3 - Doug Datish (David Carr trade)
4 - Michael Coe
5 - Daniel Sepulveda (if still available)
6 - David Ball
*7th round pick, Mike Flanagan, Jameel Cook to Oakland Raiders for 2008 4th round draft pick*

I like this one for the Texans:

1 - Amobi Okoye
2 - David Irons
3 - Kevin Kolb
3 - Doug Datish (David Carr trade)
4 - Michael Coe
5 - Daniel Sepulveda (if still available)
6 - David Ball
*7th round pick, Mike Flanagan, Jameel Cook to Oakland Raiders for 2008 4th round draft pick*

I don't want to be rude, but this draft would piss the living crap out of me. Okoye would be decent, but I think we can do better. Irons and Kolb aren't worth drafting. Datish has been dominated. Reaching to take a P in the 5th???

E.

This makes me want more 2nd round picks. You need to work on your 3rd round hopefuls though man.

E.

Yes!

I like Kalil (who doesn't, right?), but he comes at a stiff opportunity cost, assuming the Texans do not go either S or CB in round 1.

If the Texans go either Landry or Hall in round 1, then I'd feel better about Kalil in round 2, but then that would force us into an OT pick in the following round.

Datish or Mozes get high marks, so maybe we forego the center pick in round 2, to address safety or CB.

So many holes, so many.

Of course, all this goes out the window if AD is available at #8. That almost guarantees we target Staley (OT) in round 2. This scenario leaves the secondary unaddressed. FA?

I don't want to be rude, but this draft would piss the living crap out of me. Okoye would be decent, but I think we can do better. Irons and Kolb aren't worth drafting. Datish has been dominated. Reaching to take a P in the 5th???

Kevin Kolb not worth it??? The Texans sure were impressed with him in the senior bowl.

Kevin Kolb not worth it??? The Texans sure were impressed with him in the senior bowl.

Well one thing is for sure about Kolb. If we never see another roll out while he is in there, you can always say pete told ya so. The guy is a train wreck throwing on the run.

You need to work on your 3rd round hopefuls though man.

Jackson was going to be my pick for the bills in the second in Mock 3.0. He looked more than ok in the senoir bowl. DBs are lean this year. Especailly cover corners. Jackson, from what i saw in the practices has the feet to cover. So does Wilson. Petie needs to go back to the nickle back.
They need a pure DE for the other end. Babins/Peek ain't cutting it. Better than reaching for a QB who doesn't fit the system.

Thought the Texans liked John Beck better then Kolb.

History has taught me that anything GMs say before the draft had best be taken with a "grain of salt". :winky:

They will bend the truth and sometimes actually tell outright lies...:fib

Only a cougar homer would have been impressed with Kolbs' showing in the senior bowl. Maybe he looked good in the practices,.. idonno:

For the most part it appeared to me that the D linemen on both sides were eating up the O linemen. Must be a lot of excellent draftees on the D line this year.

As far as offensive skill players,.. I was more impressed with the players that I mentioned in another thread on the Texas vs Nation game.

R Taylor RB
Justin Riscattti QB
Ryan Moore WR

But thats just me, I'm only a casual observer.

:coffee:

Back