Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-03-2007   #1
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Default Sage Rosenfels

Just throwing this out there.

What do ya'll think about Sage Rosenfels being the Texans' starting QB in 2007...2008.....?

I don't think it's that bad of an idea. Any guy that can come in and throw for 199 yards and 3 TDs in one half is a guy I want to see get more playing time. He looks DOWN the field and takes chances, something David Carr doesn't do. Sage and Owen have shown some chemistry when they've hooked up in the past. I'd like to see the Texans explore this option.
Old 02-03-2007   #2
t_flare
Veteran

Default Re: Sage Rosenfels

how many of these threads do we need?
t_flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #3
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_flare View Post
It's the whole purpose of a DISCUSSION board
Old 02-03-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like what i've seen from sage so far. the only problem i see though is that we havnt seen enough of him. i don't like hearing people talking about making him our starter because imo we've seen very limited action of him...what we've seen has been good though.

he might be starter material or he may just be a back up qb. either way i'd like him to stay on the team...he's done a good job and if all we need him for is limit time during a few games...he's at least shown us he can take care of business. About him being a starter...i have no idea
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #5
trublu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post

What do ya'll think about Sage Rosenfels being the Texans' starting QB in 2007...2008.....?

I don't think it's that bad of an idea. Any guy that can come in and throw for 199 yards and 3 TDs in one half is a guy I want to see get more playing time. He looks DOWN the field and takes chances, something David Carr doesn't do. Sage and Owen have shown some chemistry when they've hooked up in the past. I'd like to see the Texans explore this option.
Those were padded stats in trash time against a prevent-D.
trublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #6
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trublu View Post
Those were padded stats in trash time against a prevent-D.
still, all David would have been doing is checking down to a RB like he ALWAYS does.

Here's some food for thought: Does our offensive line block better for Sage Rosenfels than they do for David Carr? Actually think about it.

Sage hardly ever goes down. Sage throws to whoever he wants to, when he wants to. David just looks like a sick puppy with his tail between his legs.
Old 02-03-2007   #7
trublu
Veteran

Quote:
still, all David would have been doing is checking down to a RB like he ALWAYS does.

Here's some food for thought: Does our offensive line block better for Sage Rosenfels than they do for David Carr? Actually think about it.

Sage hardly ever goes down. Sage throws to whoever he wants to, when he wants to. David just looks like a sick puppy with his tail between his legs.
Wow this guy is a superstar. How could the Redskins and Dolphins let him go... oh well their loss. And to think he's a back-up his entire career.
trublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2007   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't think the line says, hey Sage is in, not david lets block. The line gets paid to play regardless of who's back there. I think it more that the defense knows Carr isn't going to throw or look down field, so they are able to blitz, because even if they don't get to Carr they aren't going to give up a play of more than 7 yards. When Sage came into the game, its more, "Dang we didn't watch any tape on this guy and we don't know what the hell he's capable of."
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #9
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Default Our O-Line....do THEY want Sage?

It's been apparent to me that our offensive line doesn't block for David Carr the way they block for Sage Rosenfels. Is it just one of those things that happens in a football game...or does our offensive line simply not want to block for David Carr? Do they want him gone?
Old 02-03-2007   #10
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
I don't think the line says, hey Sage is in, not david lets block. The line gets paid to play regardless of who's back there. I think it more that the defense knows Carr isn't going to throw or look down field, so they are able to blitz, because even if they don't get to Carr they aren't going to give up a play of more than 7 yards. When Sage came into the game, its more, "Dang we didn't watch any tape on this guy and we don't know what the hell he's capable of."
So, with what you just said, why keep David around if you're Gary Kubiak or Rick Smith? Why not just go with Sage from the get-go?
Old 02-03-2007   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

thats a question many MANY people want on this board want answered.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 02-03-2007 at 03:50 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #12
brewhaus
All Pro

Default Re: Our O-Line....do THEY want Sage?

Quote:
It's been apparent to me that our offensive line doesn't block for David Carr the way they block for Sage Rosenfels. Is it just one of those things that happens in a football game...or does our offensive line simply not want to block for David Carr? Do they want him gone?
I think it is a matter of "there just wasn't anything going on" to bring them together as a unit until late in the season, like the Indy win. Those sort of wins can start to gel a team. And once they start believing in their own minds they can compete, you will see a team on the field that you have never seen before...even if it is the same old players.
Old 02-03-2007   #13
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our O-Line....do THEY want Sage?

Quote:
Are we using an entire half of football to pose this debate??
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #14
old football fan
Veteran

Sage is a career backup. 6 yrs. 3 teams and he hasn't beaten anyone for the starting job yet.
old football fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #15
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact that a career backup and Carr are in the same conversation ... speaks volumes .
Old 02-03-2007   #16
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_flare View Post
All I see are david carr threads. I see nothing on Sage.
Old 02-03-2007   #17
amazingandre
All Pro

no way you think carr sux...wait until sage starts....he is not even close to being as mobile as david is.....that would be dumb to start sage....give it time guys we dont need to replace carr necessarily this year...
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #18
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

I wouldn't mind the idea of Sage being endorsed as our starting QB. I as a person who buys tickets to the Texans, wouldn't mind seeing someone different other than Carr. You are right though Sage did a wonderful thing during the Titans game.
Old 02-03-2007   #19
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
no way you think carr sux...wait until sage starts....he is not even close to being as mobile as david is.....that would be dumb to start sage....give it time guys we dont need to replace carr necessarily this year...
...yes, carr sux...no more time
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #20
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20683 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

You know ,the Astros should take a hard look at James Loney (1B LA). He had a .750 batting average last year! The best part is that he was born in Houston!

I just know from his one game and four at-bats, he'd be much better than our current 1st baseman, Lance something-or-other.

Beer and Metal is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read