Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-03-2007   #1
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Default Domanick Williams to Green Bay??

What about this?

TRADE

Green Bay Packers get

Domanick Williams

Houston Texans get

Aaron Rodgers
4th round draft choice

The deal makes sense for both teams. Green Bay replaces the oft-injured, aging Ahman Green and Houston gets their QB of the future in Aaron Rodgers. Rodgers didn't get a fair shake in Green Bay sitting behind Brett. He learned will under Favre for 2 seasons and now it's time to come to Houston and help lead this team to the promise land.
Old 02-03-2007   #2
t_flare
Veteran

Default Re: Domanick Williams to Green Bay??

1) Farve didnt want to teach Rogers so how much he learn is still a question.
2) They have some guy name Green there who is a very good back
3) Rogers is not a highy rated QB in the first place and doesnt fit in the roll out QB style.
t_flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #3
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_flare View Post
1) Farve didnt want to teach Rogers so how much he learn is still a question.
2) They have some guy name Green there who is a very good back
3) Rogers is not a highy rated QB in the first place and doesnt fit in the roll out QB style.
i'm going to respond to you number by number:

1) We have a guy named Sage he can sit behind for a little bit to learn from
2) Green is a free agent who they don't want back
3) Not a highly rated QB because he hasn't gotten any playing time. Kubiak prefers pocket passers; the ability to roll out is an added bonus...but not a must
Old 02-03-2007   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

There are reports that Green Bay isn't impressed at all with Rogers, thats why they aren't biting at the bit to play him. He has struggled in both camps and frankly there are better options in the draft. Rogers isn't any upgrade over Sage, so whats the point in getting him
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #5
Hutch13
List of demands

Rep Power: 13 Hutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVPHutch13 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Hutch13

No possible way are we going to get Aaron Rodgers and a 4th for DD/DW. I'll be happy if we can JUST get a 4th for him. Dom Williams probably wont be able to carry the load next season.
Hutch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #6
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
3) Not a highly rated QB because he hasn't gotten any playing time. Kubiak prefers pocket passers; the ability to roll out is an added bonus...but not a must
I have never seen that Kubiak prefers pocket passers? So why did he cut Ragone the pocket passer , who Kubiak thought could not throw while rolling out?
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #7
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
I have never seen that Kubiak prefers pocket passers? So why did he cut Ragone the pocket passer , who Kubiak thought could not throw while rolling out?
I strongly believe that Brian Brohm, if he falls to us, which is unlikely, would be a Kubiak favorite. He is fairly mobile, but for the most part...a pocket passer. I want Sage to start for us next season and David to be somewhere else sucking his thumb...

I simply thought I'd throw it out there about Rodgers. I liked watching him play in college and was interested in what you all thought. Cutting Ragone was a mistake. Kubiak wanted to bring in Sage from day one...so Ragone was a definite casualty.
Old 02-03-2007   #8
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Brian Brohm isn't even in this year's draft.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #9
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
Brian Brohm isn't even in this year's draft.
I was talking about next year...if he falls to us, but he's probably a Top 5 pick, don't you guys think?
Old 02-03-2007   #10
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

You're already planning for the '08 draft?
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #11
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Why, of course! You have to think long term when you're trying to rebuild a team. Obviously, players' names are popping into my head that I think could contribute.
Old 02-03-2007   #12
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why, of course! You have to think long term when you're trying to rebuild a team. Obviously, players' names are popping into my head that I think could contribute.
no offense, just a pet peeve of mine. It bothers me when I see "rebuild a team", this team has never been built at all. We are still trying to build the team..............damn after 5 years, multiple high draft picks, multiple highly paid FA acquisitions, thats sad.

Once again THANK YOU CHARLIE!!!!

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 02-03-2007 at 03:44 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #13
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
no offense, just a pet peeve of mine. It bothers me when I see "rebuild a team", this team has never been built at all. We are still trying to build the team..............damn after 5 years, multiple high draft picks, thats sad.

Once again THANK YOU CHARLIE!!!!
you're absolutely right!

offensively, we have johnson, moulds and taylor
defensively, we've got ryans and williams...robinson is questionable in the area of pass coverage, but in terms of stuffing the run, there's no CB in the league better than him
Old 02-03-2007   #14
Navy_Chris
All Pro

oh yeah, and we've got a return man that goes by the name of Mathis...Jerome Mathis. If he could stay healthy, Devin Hester could have some competition. If he can't stay healthy, Dexter Wynn is a formidable return man himself.
Old 02-03-2007   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

we could be a dangerous team if we get better and draft Brohm next year. I'm not hoping for a bad season by any means but i hope a lot of teams address their QB issues this year so he slips to us. wow...then since Oline is looking to be good next year maybe a good OL guy fall to us in the 2nd.

I'm gettin' gitty just thinking if we could get brohm and he plays up to his potential for us.

Oh and no its never too early to be thinking of next years draft...i guess im too used to being a texan fan....jeez this draft is still months away! lol
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #16
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Looks like he is planning on the Texans stinking if he thinks that we will in position to draft the early favorite to be the top rated QB.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #17
amazingandre
All Pro

ya well green bay would most likely trade for aaron but i dont think theyd take dw......not sure who wuold could trade but not him....they have a chance at resigning a decent but old back and will prolly choose not to.....aaron rogers obviously isnt liked....who will be????they have to live up to brett favre a hof qb......u know that they ll not be happy for sometime after favre leaves......aaron is good but he is like david carr no respect from the community....but aaron hasnt gotten a chance yet and carr hass......i think he would do wonders for this team....plus we have sheman to mkae it go through..............
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #18
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Just FYI, Aaron Rodgers was taught by Jeff Tedford. You know who else was? David Carr. Kyle Boller was also. It seems that all his QB pupils do great in college but don't do so well in the pros. I don't think Green Bay would trade a 4th round pick for Domanick Williams/Davis straight up much less adding in their backup QB.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #19
old football fan
Veteran

DD/DW trade wouldn't work, so how about this one. Carr, our 1st for GB 1st ,3rd, and 4th round
old football fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you're absolutely right!

offensively, we have johnson, moulds and taylor
defensively, we've got ryans and williams...robinson is questionable in the area of pass coverage, but in terms of stuffing the run, there's no CB in the league better than him
You don't pay CB's to stuff the run. You pay them to keep receivers from catching the ball. His ability to play the run should be an added bonus. Other than that, nice post.

I can't see DD/DW passing a physical, so trades are out. Has everyone forgotten last year? This seems like a rerun except we're saying Williams instead of Davis

Last edited by DocBar; 02-03-2007 at 12:19 PM.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read