Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-03-2007   #1
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Vince Young in the Pro-Bowl

Rivers is hurt and Brady wants to play golf.

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4523096.html

I wonder if he'll pick up anything from Palmer and Manning or if it's all fun and hula dancers.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #2
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default Re: Vince Young in the Pro-Bowl

God Bless all of this board's hearts..

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #3
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Man this guy is getting it all this year. Congrats to him and hopefully some kind of luck in this fashion will then the DROY to the Pro Bowl as well.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #4
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess Steve McNair was busy too.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #5
Dunta_23
All Pro

I guess Chad Pennington was busy too...
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #6
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys! View Post
God Bless all of this board's hearts..
eheh.

Well looking on the bright side of things, Americans still have a voracious appetite for their heroes, that culminates itself in their eating. So, in a way, you can look at this as fattin up frogs for snakes.

Case in point... how many people in Arlington get up and go to the fridge during a PAT?
Old 02-03-2007   #7
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Good for him. Hopefully the door opens for Meco.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-03-2007   #8
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Actually, it would only be fitting if Meco was able to tackle Vince Young and gloat over him lying on the ground. But unfortunately, they would be playing on the same team and that wouldn't happen.
So I really don't care. I have no reason to watch the Pro Bowl. Hopefully Young will try that little run and get jacked up like Reggie did against the Eagles a couple of weeks ago. Maybe then I'll try to catch some reruns.
If Young really turned the Titans around, then the team was headed downhill and he was just applying a band-aid. And if that is the case, they should get rid of Fisher. But I don't think that is the case. I think the Titans made Young look good, not the other way around.
Old 02-03-2007   #9
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

How did VY get chosen over David Carr? David Carr is by far the better QB.

Signed,

Bob McNair, Charlie Casserly, and every moron on this board
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #10
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Signed,

A+++
Old 02-03-2007   #11
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:

Signed,

1. Sounding a little bitter and whiny with this post. Nothing is stopping you or the rest of the UT fans from watching Bud, hell people in the Austin market don't have much of a choice.

2. This has nothing to do with David Carr.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269 View Post
1. Sounding a little bitter and whiny with this post. Nothing is stopping you or the rest of the UT fans from watching Bud, hell people in the Austin market don't have much of a choice.

2. This has nothing to do with David Carr.
You're right about Austin, thanks to the Texans draft blunders we don't have much of a choice unless we buy NFL Sunday ticket which I will be doing so I can watch any other team besides Bud's.

BTW, this has a lot to do with David Carr. The guy flat out sucks, however the Texans decide to extend his contract, pass on a guy like Vince Young, leaving us fans stuck with watching this inept guy every week, while VY comes to town wearing Bud duds running it up our a** as Bud laughs at us. Sure I'm bitter.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #13
brewhaus
All Pro

Vince....You go boy! Get it while it's there 'cause it doesn't last forever.
Old 02-03-2007   #14
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyTexansFan View Post
Actually, it would only be fitting if Meco was able to tackle Vince Young and gloat over him lying on the ground. But unfortunately, they would be playing on the same team and that wouldn't happen.
So I really don't care. I have no reason to watch the Pro Bowl. Hopefully Young will try that little run and get jacked up like Reggie did against the Eagles a couple of weeks ago. Maybe then I'll try to catch some reruns.
If Young really turned the Titans around, then the team was headed downhill and he was just applying a band-aid. And if that is the case, they should get rid of Fisher. But I don't think that is the case. I think the Titans made Young look good, not the other way around.
OK Meco had 2 games this year to do that and will have 2 games per season for the next 5-10 years !
He might actually enjoy watching some other D chase after VY. Heck he might learn something that may help him defend VY in the future.KEEP YOU FEET,DO NOT JUMP AT VY!
Old 02-03-2007   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Great stuff for VY. Hopefully our next QB will have a positive impact on our team. Vince Young no longer sucks, but it is David Carr who is awful.

And I firmly believe that if we did not extend Carr we would have taken Bush. I do not think Young was ever in the mix.
Old 02-03-2007   #16
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Great stuff for VY. Hopefully our next QB will have a positive impact on our team. Vince Young no longer sucks, but it is David Carr who is awful.

And I firmly believe that if we did not extend Carr we would have taken Bush. I do not think Young was ever in the mix.
Do you think Mr. McNair would hire me as consultant and not heed my advice,as long as I got paid my feelings would not be hurt when Bob does not heed my advice!
Old 02-03-2007   #17
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:

Signed,

why. why. why. i'm over it, as many of the other fans on here are. get over it, bro.

BTW--not everybody on here sticks up for Carr and is in turn not a moron. keep your VY fandom in Austin.
Old 02-03-2007   #18
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

All I can say is that I hope the Texans counter Austin, Tennessee with Norman, Texas. It would be OU vs. UT 3 times a year at the min.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #19
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Signed,

2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007   #20
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
why. why. why. i'm over it, as many of the other fans on here are. get over it, bro.

BTW--not everybody on here sticks up for Carr and is in turn not a moron. keep your VY fandom in Austin.

count me as one of those fans who has yet to "get over it"
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read