Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-01-2007   #1
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Default Your 2007 Starting Lineup

Being Realistic, What would you like to have your 2007 starting Texan lineup look like?

Here is mine:

QB: David Carr
HB: Adrian Peterson/Domanick Williams/Ron Dayne/Chris Taylor/Wali Lundy
FB: Vonta Leach
TE: Owen Daniels
WR: AJ
WR: Eric Moulds
LT: Charles Spencer
LG: Chester Pitts
C: Steve McKinney
RG: Fred Weary
RT: Eric Winston

DE: Mario Williams
DT: Terdell Sands
DT: Travis Johnson
DE: Anthony Weaver
OLB: Morlon Greenwood
MLB: Demeco Ryans
OLB: Jamie Sharper
CB: Asante Samuel
FS: Glenn Earl
SS: Michael Lewis
CB: Dunta Robinson
Old 02-01-2007   #2
K.D.
Veteran

Default Re: Your 2007 Starting Lineup

No way Sharper is coming back to H-town. We can definately do better than that. He's out of the league for a reason. Acouple of young guys who are going to available in the 2nd rnd, R.Alexander and D.Harris Michigan, will be getting alot of attention and could possibly turn out to be this years Meco.

I guess we could'nt go after O-line help cuz we gave Samuels a boat-load of cash to here, but I'm liking what I see except Sharper.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007   #3
cbnjwill
Veteran

samuels wont be in houston if he isnt franchised in new england he will go to a team with a better chance of winning.and u made a mistake with your lineup theres no law here in houston saying david carr has to be the starting qb, after seeing the same bad movie for 5yrs in a row im ready for a new movie so lets see a new qb
cbnjwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007   #4
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post
Being Realistic, What would you like to have your 2007 starting Texan lineup look like?

Here is mine:

QB: David Carr
HB: Adrian Peterson/Domanick Williams/Ron Dayne/Chris Taylor/Wali Lundy
C: Steve McKinney

DT: Terdell Sands
OLB: Jamie Sharper
CB: Asante Samuel
FS: Glenn Earl
SS: Michael Lewis
Am i missing somehtin or was flanagans injury career ending? cause he should get the start at center and also who is terdell sands? i though anthony maddox was doin pretty good at DT.
Old 02-01-2007   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Well, there are a ton of things that could happen in free agency and the draft, but to throw out a possible "optimistic option":

QB David Carr (Sage Rosenfels or Jake Plummer as backup)
RB Adrian Peterson [1st round pick] (Domanick Williams backup if healthy, Dayne, Taylor and maybe Lundy getting some action as well)
FB Vonta Leach
WR Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds (Kevin Walter and Jacoby Jones [6th round pick] off the bench)
TE Owen Daniels (Jeb Putzier as backup)
LT Charles Spencer (Brandon Frye [5th round pick] as swing tackle)
LG Chester Pitts
C Steve McKinney/Mike Flanagan
RG Fred Weary
RT Eric Winston (Brandon Frye [5th round pick] as swing tackle)

DE Mario Williams and Baraka Atkins [4th round pick] (Jason Babin, Antwan Peek, ND Kalu as backups)
DT Anthony Weaver and Seth Payne/Travis Johnson (Anthony Maddox and Alfred Malone as backups)
OLB Morlon Greenwood and Rufus Alexander [3rd round pick] (Shantee Orr as backup)
MLB DeMeco Ryans (Wali Rainer as backup)
CB Dunta Robinson and FA acquisition (Roc Alexander, DeMarcus Faggins, and maybe Lewis Sanders as backups)
S Brandon Meriweather [2nd round pick] and Glenn Earl (CC Brown and John Walker as backups)
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #6
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle View Post
Well, there are a ton of things that could happen in free agency and the draft, but to throw out a possible "optimistic option":

QB David Carr (Sage Rosenfels or Jake Plummer as backup)
RB Adrian Peterson [1st round pick] (Domanick Williams backup if healthy, Dayne, Taylor and maybe Lundy getting some action as well)
FB Vonta Leach
WR Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds (Kevin Walter and Jacoby Jones [6th round pick] off the bench)
TE Owen Daniels (Jeb Putzier as backup)
LT Charles Spencer (Brandon Frye [5th round pick] as swing tackle)
LG Chester Pitts
C Steve McKinney/Mike Flanagan
RG Fred Weary
RT Eric Winston (Brandon Frye [5th round pick] as swing tackle)

DE Mario Williams and Baraka Atkins [4th round pick] (Jason Babin, Antwan Peek, ND Kalu as backups)
DT Anthony Weaver and Seth Payne/Travis Johnson (Anthony Maddox and Alfred Malone as backups)
OLB Morlon Greenwood and Rufus Alexander [3rd round pick] (Shantee Orr as backup)
MLB DeMeco Ryans (Wali Rainer as backup)
CB Dunta Robinson and FA acquisition (Roc Alexander, DeMarcus Faggins, and maybe Lewis Sanders as backups)
S Brandon Meriweather [2nd round pick] and Glenn Earl (CC Brown and John Walker as backups)
That looks pretty good to me, but I doubt Alexander falls to the 3rd round. If we could get Ken Hamlin from Seattle to play FS, it would make my offseason. We could then use the 2nd round pick on someone like Earl Everret or Alexander, and that 3rd rounder on someone like Kolb (to satisfy the blood thirsty masses demaning a new QB).
Old 02-02-2007   #7
amazingandre
All Pro

qb- jake plummer (carr backup)i dont like but bound to hapen i say kep carr as starter
rb- chris taylor, ron dayne, wali lundy
fb- vonta leach
wr- aj, moulds, mathis, anderson
lt- levi brown
lg- chester pitts
c- steve mckinney
rg- fred weary
rt- charles spencer (eric winston sing tackle)

de- mario williams, jason babin, antwan peek, 3rd round pick
dl- terrel sands, travis johnson, anthony maddox, anthony weaver
mlb- demeco ryans, wali rainer backup
olb- morlon greenwood, lance briggs
cb- dunta robinson, demarcus faggins, dexter mccleon
fs- brondon merriweather
ss- michael lewis
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-02-2007   #8
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

OK here is my most reasonable starting lineup:

QB: David Carr/Rosenfels/???
HB: Adrian Peterson (1st)
C: Ryan Kalil (2nd)

DT: Cory Redding (FA)
DT: Travis Johnson/Anthony Maddox
OLB: Kawika Mitchell/Na'il Diggs (FA), would love to put Briggs here as I have been advocating the Texans pursue him, but I think he may have played his way out of our price range.
CB: Faggins/David Irons (3rd)
FS: Ken Hamlin (FA)
SS: Glenn Earl

This would give us Hamlin, Redding, Mitchell/Diggs in FA and AD, Kalil, Irons in the first 3 rounds of the draft. I think all these FAs would be upgrades at their positions and would fit nicely under the cap. If we were to pursue David Macklin in FA, then we could go with LB in the 3rd, like Stewart Bradley, or OL as an insurance policy for Spencer and depth. Briggs would be icing on the cake and absolutely make my day.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #9
real

We trade back into the 10-14 range and pick up an extra 3rd...

W/O Free agents....

Wishful Thinking....

QB: Sage Rosenfels
RB: Chris Taylor
WR: Andre Johnson
TE: Daniels
LT: Spencer
LG: Pitts
C: McKinney
RG: Weary
RT: Winston

LDE: Jarvis Moss(3rd)
DT: Anthony Maddox
RDE: Mario Williams
WLB: Greenwood
MLB: DeMeco Ryans
SLB: Rufus Alexander(2nd)
CB: Aaron Ross(3rd)
SS: Glen Earl
FS: Reggie Nelson(1st)
Old 02-02-2007   #10
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

So far,I like TexanAddicts scenario the best, (With Chris Taylor and Ron Dayne as backup, and DDW depending on how healthy,) I'm not really an advocate of drafting Peterson but if we get Hamlin (or Grant) in FA, I love to draft Peterson if he did fall to us. The Kalil pickup in the second is nice too.
Old 02-02-2007   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
So far,I like TexanAddicts scenario the best, (With Chris Taylor and Ron Dayne as backup, and DDW depending on how healthy,) I'm not really an advocate of drafting Peterson but if we get Hamlin (or Grant) in FA, I love to draft Peterson if he did fall to us. The Kalil pickup in the second is nice too.
At this point, I expect Kalil to be gone by our 2nd pick.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #12
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Kill my joy!
Old 02-02-2007   #13
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I wouldn't mind having Grant if we couldn't get Hamlin. He would have that extra insentive when we play the Jags twice a year.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

W/O Free agents....

Wishful Thinking....

QB: Sage Rosenfels
RB: Chris Taylor
TE: Daniels
LT: Spencer
RT: Winston

LDE: Jarvis Moss(3rd)
RDE: Mario Williams
SLB: Rufus Alexander(2nd)
FS: Reggie Nelson(1st)
I think this scenerio looks decent. I might replace Sage with Plummer. I'm not sure Jarvis Moss would drop past the 2nd. Or Ross for that matter. But hey, it looks dang good. That would be a really nice defense.
Old 02-02-2007   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post

W/O Free agents....

Wishful Thinking....

QB: Sage Rosenfels, Bradlee Van Pelt, Drew Stanton
RB: DDW, Ron Dayne, Chris Taylor
TE: Daniels, Bruener
LT: Levi Brown,,
RT: Spencer, Winston

LDE: Anthony Weaver, Jarvis Moss(3rd)
DT: Terdell Sands, Travis Johnson
RDE: Mario Williams, Jason Babin
SLB: Antwan Peek
FS: Lewis Sanders, CC Brown
I just fleshed Xtru's out a little bit...... too lazy to do it all on my own.

I'd prefer Levi Brown with the first pick & move Lewis Sanders to FS. I know it's not a popular opinion.... but that's what I'd do. I'd also move Antwan to the SAM spot. Call me crazy, but I think we generate more turnovers when he is on the field, & I'd like to find a way to keep him on the field as often as possible. He can't play the position worse than Orr.... & hopefully he'll see this is the only way he is going to last long in this league, and starts to make plays from this spot.
Old 02-02-2007   #16
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think this scenerio looks decent. I might replace Sage with Plummer. I'm not sure Jarvis Moss would drop past the 2nd. Or Ross for that matter. But hey, it looks dang good. That would be a really nice defense.

Yes, nice defense, but the offense would SUCK! AGAIN! I'm all for having a great defense, but you can't neglect the offense in the draft on the 1st day. Remember, sometimes the best defense is a good offense! JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #17
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I just fleshed Xtru's out a little bit...... too lazy to do it all on my own.

I'd prefer Levi Brown with the first pick & move Lewis Sanders to FS. I know it's not a popular opinion.... but that's what I'd do. I'd also move Antwan to the SAM spot. Call me crazy, but I think we generate more turnovers when he is on the field, & I'd like to find a way to keep him on the field as often as possible. He can't play the position worse than Orr.... & hopefully he'll see this is the only way he is going to last long in this league, and starts to make plays from this spot.
My two cents... Neither Peek nor Babin are on the team next year. Peek is UFA, and could get a nice offer somewhere else instead of part time here. Babin I'd like to think might be packaged in a draft day trade to Miami for a pick... I bet Capers would like him in the 3-4 still.
Old 02-02-2007   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Yes, nice defense, but the offense would SUCK! AGAIN! I'm all for having a great defense, but you can't neglect the offense in the draft on the 1st day. Remember, sometimes the best defense is a good offense! JMHO!
Well, in that lineup Carr was replaced. That in itself is one of the most glaring problems. Look, the way I see it we could just about draft any position and it'd more than likely fill a hole.
Old 02-02-2007   #19
canadiantexan
Veteran

FREE AGENCY

I choose not to be overly active in free agency because of our cap situation so I targeted only one guy and went after him hard landing hometown boy Nate Clements.

DRAFT

Choose to trade down in the draft and pick up an extra pick. Choose Green Bay as a trading partner because if Adrian Peterson falls the would love the chance to replace Ahman Green without losing a beat. If Peterson not their they could add A top WR like Jarrett or Rice/Ginn jr. to go along with Driver.

TRADE

To Green Bay Pick RD.1 # 8(1400 point value)
To Houston Pick rd.1 #16(1000 point value) andRD.2 #48(420 point value)

ROSTER

QB- David Carr, Sage Rosenfels
HB- Marshawn Lynch(pick RD.1 # 16(CAL)), Ron Dayne, Domanick Williams(if healthy) if not Chris Taylor
FB- Vonta Leach
TE- Owen Daniels, Jeb Putzier
WR- Andre Johson, Eric Moulds, David Ball(Pick RD.5 #136(NEW HAMPSHIRE))
LT- Charles Spencer(if healthy), Ryan Harris(pick RD .3 #72(N.D.)
LG- Chester Pitts
C- Mike Flanagan, Steve McKinney
RG- Fred Weary
RT- Eric Winston, Ryan Harris(pick RD.3 #72(N.D.)

DE- Mario Williams, Anthony Weaver, Jason Babin, Derrick Jones(Pick RD.6 #168(Grand Valley state)
DT- Anthony Maddox, Travis Johnson, Marcus Taylor(pick RD.4 #104(FLA)
MLB- Demeaco Ryans
OLB- Morlan Greenwood, Rufus Alexander(Pick RD.2 #39(OKLAHOMA)
CB- Nate Clements(FA), Dunta Robinson, Pete Faggins
FS- Brandon Merriwether(Pick RD.2 #48(MIAMI), C. Brown
SS. Glen Earl, (Pick RD.7 for depth her)

NOTE: David Ball the 5th round pick for us set a NCAA record with 58 career TD's breaking Jerry Rice's record.
P.S. sorry it's so long.
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Wow......... lotta love for David Carr...... Kudos to you guys.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read