Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Biggest Hole to Fill?
O-Line 27 40.91%
QB/RB 10 15.15%
WR/TE 0 0%
D-Line 2 3.03%
CB 8 12.12%
LB 1 1.52%
Safety 21 31.82%
Just Revamp the Defense 4 6.06%
Just Revamp the Offense 1 1.52%
Casserly must pay...and dearly... 13 19.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2007   #1
KJ3

Default Biggest Hole

Vote for what you think the biggest priority will be in the 2007 draft. Pretty cut and dry.
Old 02-01-2007   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Biggest Hole

O-line

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007   #3
amazingandre
All Pro

safety i think our oline is decent compared to cc brown...yuck!!!!!!!we need an upgrade....no matter how good our offense is if the defense gives up 30 pts a game....then we have to post that many points......yikes...go with the d and keep games close...then get the offense good enough to shove it down the opponents throat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

you had me cracking up with the Chalrie must pay option

but seriously since the Texans inception the biggest hole has been LT, its become a joke year after year. the Texans appear to be snake bit, Carr is wrecked, now the few solid lineman we've had are older & nearing retirement, yet every year the Texans pass on the elite tackles coming out, fail to land a big time FA or finish the trade to bring one on board. if Smith/Kubiak can finally bite the bullet and draft the best tackle available you'll see the Texans already have playmakers on the team, its just a matter of being able to exacute

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007   #5
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

O Line or pass defense
Old 02-01-2007   #6
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
O Line or pass defense
Sums it up for me as well.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Paris Hilton?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-01-2007   #8
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
O Line or pass defense

My picks too.
Old 02-01-2007   #9
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for OL. I had LT in mind, specifically, but a center is also needed. I would draft neither today at #8. I would not mind trading back from #8 IFF (if and only if) Peterson is not on the board at #8.

Also, we draft against people in our division. That means Peyton. That means pass coverage. I would like a good cover corner (Hall, Revis) or a safety (Landry, Nelson). I like none of them at #8 though. Naturally, I might change my opinion as more data comes in (Combine, etc.).
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007   #10
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

O-line
Safety
and hiring terry tate to "office linebacker" charlie casserly during a superbowl commercial.
Old 02-01-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Paris Hilton?
ohaha gross.

Can you put an option as OLine, Free Safety, and cornerback all as one? jk
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007   #12
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Biggest hole is safety but I don't want to see one at 8.
Old 02-01-2007   #13
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

you know what...i'm never surprised by anything that is said on this board or on the radio but come on folks...the biggest need on this team is to improve the o-line...a good o-line can make an average runningback great...a average qb good and an average coach a superbowl winning coach...you build a team through the lines...what good does it do you to have LT, peyton, marvin, ocho cinco, and gates if you're playing them behind a line that gives peyton 1.3 seconds to throw and LT has to shove his way through the line? none

bottom line is this...during this season our o-line could either pass protect good or they could run block good...they never could do both during the same game...don't know why...but that's the way it worked out...we need better talent...we need by my count a new center, a LT, and maybe most importantly pitts, weary, and winston to step up and become players...if those three guys step up their game and become what they should be this line will be better by leaps and bounds...and yes i do believe eric winston should be the starting RT on this team next year and the year after
Old 02-01-2007   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Biggest Hole

Quote:
O Line or pass defense
Yup, I agree.

Best of these 3 available at 8.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I voted QB/RB........ but don't think we should go QB/RB in the draft...... I didn't see that until after I voted.

I think our biggest hole, the single position that is keeping us back more than any other is the QB position.

I think our defense is going to get better...... they've been getting better all year... adding some primo talent can't hurt.

I think our running game is going to get better once the OL learns their assignments.. I'd like to see a new Center this year..... FA or draft, doesn't matter, as long as he's young, and mean. NOt to start, I think we should start the five that finished '06, minus Salaam...... & let the rookie earn his spot during the year.

I wouldn't mind seeing Levi Brown..... or a new LT in a Texans uniform.

If this question is about what we should do with the 8th overall pick in the draft, AP if he's there, Levi Brown if he's not....... & I'd be happy with the best Corner available...... A safety would be cool....... if the safeties grade higher than the Corners.. fine. But I think we need a corner more than we need a safety.
Old 02-02-2007   #16
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Paris Hilton?

Wait a minute! Are you saying Paris Hilton is a bigger Hole than our O-line? Ah never mind. I don't think we want to go there.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #17
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Purely from a talent standpoint, I would say saftey is the worst position for the Texans. However, they dont impact the game as much as the offensive line, which is directly responsible for every offensive play. Both must be improved. I think we have more promise and potential at O-line with Spencer and Winston, but someone like Petigout in FA or Levi Brown in the draft would be welcomed additions to this team.
Old 02-16-2007   #18
texans83
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 texans83 is a Pro Bowlertexans83 is a Pro Bowler

I choose CB the only reason is bc if we have another good corner there will be more cover sacks.....
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

just draft peterson.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #20
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Draft everyone and everything you want, just leave the Cheerleaders alone...

They are HOT!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read