Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-31-2007   #1
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 24 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer
Default NFL, you are wrong.

Every time the NFL shows something decent on the NFL Network, I get madder and madder at them, not Time Warner.
If they want the NFL Network to be shown on free cable, they need to lower their asking price. The NFL robbed me of watching the Senior Bowl, and they didn't even allow ESPN to re-play it later. Losers, in my opinion.
Old 01-31-2007   #2
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1265 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL, you are wrong.

I dont pay for it and love it, Direct Tv hip hip hooray.
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #3
Buckle
Veteran

I must agree I was pretty angry at TWC at first but until I realized that the NFL network wants TWC to make them one of the top 5-10 highest costing channels that is just ridiculous, I mean I love football but cmon you aren't worth that! They are asking for almost as much as ESPN gets from every subscriber!
Buckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckle View Post
I must agree I was pretty angry at TWC at first but until I realized that the NFL network wants TWC to make them one of the top 5-10 highest costing channels that is just ridiculous, I mean I love football but cmon you aren't worth that! They are asking for almost as much as ESPN gets from every subscriber!
They should get every bit of everything ESPN gets........

Time Warner needs to pony up...
Old 01-31-2007   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Do you people who gripe HAVE THE CHOICE to get DirecTV?

Is DirecTV not available in YOUR area?

Get DirecTV and stop complaining.

I won't switch to Dish Network because I also want Sunday Ticket, which only DirecTV offers. If you like NFL so uch, get the provider who gives it to you.

Stop yer gritchin'.
Old 01-31-2007   #6
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 26700 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
Every time the NFL shows something decent on the NFL Network, I get madder and madder at them, not Time Warner.
If they want the NFL Network to be shown on free cable, they need to lower their asking price. The NFL robbed me of watching the Senior Bowl, and they didn't even allow ESPN to re-play it later. Losers, in my opinion.
Oh man, the combine is coming up next month too......

DishNetwork
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: NFL, you are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976 View Post
Do you people who gripe HAVE THE CHOICE to get DirecTV?

Is DirecTV not available in YOUR area?

Get DirecTV and stop complaining.

I won't switch to Dish Network because I also want Sunday Ticket, which only DirecTV offers. If you like NFL so uch, get the provider who gives it to you.

Stop yer gritchin'.
1. Some people have apts that don't allow dishes
2. Some people like having 1 cable/phone/internet bill
3. For some people, TWC is cheaper than having a dish

I think I have a right to want the NFL Network and to not get a dish.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-31-2007   #8
Buckle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
They should get every bit of everything ESPN gets........

Time Warner needs to pony up...
They aren't anything remotely worth what ESPN gets per cable subscriber! It's not just ESPN its other bigger networks that offer more content than the NFL network does! I agree if people really do have a big problem with it they should just get DirecTV I was just stating that the NFL network is trying to rape cable providers into paying huge costs which in turn makes YOUR cable bill go up! And not JUST yours EVERYONES!! What TWC is trying to do is to put it into a upper tier sports package that people that want it would have to pay an extra $5 or so a month and only them. What is wrong with that?? The NFL network thinks its in the same league as ESPN, FOX, ABC and they are not!

Last edited by Buckle; 01-31-2007 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-31-2007   #9
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

i have TWC and dont really miss the NFL Network. having my cable and cable based internet bill all in one is worth more than having to get another service and have to get a phone line dropped for internet. i dont really like rich eisen, deion sanders, marshall faulk, and rod woodson anyway. what do i miss, a bunch of super bowl replay shows i can get on espn classic? i honestly wouldnt mind paying the extra since i have that package anyway (it's the one with espnnews on it), but dont cry over it.
Old 01-31-2007   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
1. Some people have apts that don't allow dishes
Good point.....
Quote:
2. Some people like having 1 cable/phone/internet bill
I've got my DishNetwork, phone(SBC) & DSL all on one bill.
Quote:
3. For some people, TWC is cheaper than having a dish
I finally talked my friend into getting DishNetwork...... mainly for the NFL network... he's getting two boxes, one is a DV-R..... both recievers let's you watch two channels in two different rooms(4 rooms total) for $58 month...

that's pretty danged good.
Quote:
I think I have a right to want the NFL Network and to not get a dish.
then Time Warner needs to get with the program

Quote:
They aren't anything remotely worth what ESPN gets per cable subscriber! It's not just ESPN its other bigger networks that offer more content than the NFL network does!
I'm wathing the NFC Championship game again, with commentaries from the players & coaches thrown in at opportune times. I won't be getting that on ESPN.......

I've also been able to watch the best of the best SuperBowls of the last 50 years.......

I also watched the IceBowl in the last three months.

Quote:
I agree if people really do have a big problem with it they should just get DirecTV I was just stating that the NFL network is trying to rape cable providers into paying huge costs which in turn makes YOUR cable bill go up! And not JUST yours EVERYONES!! What TWC is trying to do is to put it into a upper tier sports package that people that want it would have to pay an extra $5 or so a month and only them. What is wrong with that?? The NFL network thinks its in the same league as ESPN, FOX, ABC and they are not!
Oh....... if you put it that way, you're right..... that makes sense.
Old 01-31-2007   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: NFL, you are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
then Time Warner needs to get with the program
I blame both sides

TWC needs to pony up, the NFL needs to realize the channel shouldn't earn top 10, or maybe even top 20 dues.

As avide as we are about football, I doubt much of America will be tuning in except for exclusive NFL games.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Oh man, the combine is coming up next month too......

DishNetwork
quit gloating, it's unbecoming.
Old 01-31-2007   #13
Buckle
Veteran

Well if the NFL network realizes its not a top 10 or 20 channel then TWC wouldn't have a problem paying the premium that goes along with that and we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. Unfortunately one side needs to cave or they need to come down on both sides. The other problem is that the NFL network wants to be on the lower cable packages and thus why everyone would have to pay for them, TWC isn't down for that. If anything meet in the middle and make the NFL network part of your digital cable package and load it in the back end of the channel list, that would solve both problems, lowering the cost of the channel and allowing it to be in a highly purchased programming package. I have gotten a lot of info on this through my major, Sports Management and this seems like the best scenario for both sides, so TWC and NFL get it done!
Old 01-31-2007   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 26700 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
quit gloating, it's unbecoming.

Relax man. I agree that TWC should carry the NFL network. I dont think the NFL will budge to Time Warner. The NFL just cares about making the most money they can...
Old 01-31-2007   #15
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL Network is the best!

If only they would fire Deion Sanders....
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Relax man. I agree that TWC should carry the NFL network. I dont think the NFL will budge to Time Warner. The NFL just cares about making the most money they can...
Roger Goodell's NFL doesn't seem as greedy as Tagliabue's.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #17
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
NFL Network is the best!

If only they would fire Deion Sanders....
I really hope they keep Marshall Faulk once he officially retires. He's the best player/analyst in the business IMO....
Old 01-31-2007   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I really hope they keep Marshall Faulk once he officially retires. He's the best player/analyst in the business IMO....
Just goes to show........ different strokes......

I can't stand Marshall Faulk....... I'd watch Dione all day as opposed to one half hour with Marshall.
Old 01-31-2007   #19
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

it's called free enterprise. If the NFL network thinks that their channel is worth that much money, then maybe they will or won't get that much. It's just supply and demand...
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just saying this:

If you want NFLN so badly, then do what it takes to get it.

I have DirecTV for $60/mth...that's a built-in DVR, NFLN, ESPNs, All the kid packages for my kids.

I have Phone and Internet (DSL) together with one company and pay under $60/mth for the Phone AND unlimited DSL Internet combined.

Both are taken out each month directly from my bank account so that I do not have to write out checks and miss payment schedules, etc.

There ARE ways to get what you want, and without acting like life is so harsh and unfair. Maybe the Apt. thing is a real reason I can understand, but all the other excuses are baloney.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read