Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-29-2007   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL channel "Best Super Bowl Teams of all time"

Has anyone been watching the NFL Network, the countdown of "The best superbowl teams of all time".. They're at number 6 right now... It's gonna be either the 72 Dolphins or the 86 Bears for their number one.. But these are my top five...

1. 72 Dolphins-(17-0) Only team to go undefeated, nuff said..
2. 84 49ers-(18-1) Very underrated team.. Dominating offense, overwhelming defense...
3. 85 bears- (18-1) Best Defense of all time, Underrated Offense..
4. 75 Steelers-(15-2) Allowed 162 points in 14 regular season games..thats about 12 points a game.. dominating...
5. 77 Cowboys-(15-2) Doomsday defense with a Great offense to go with it..

What is your top five?

Last edited by stingray; 01-30-2007 at 11:00 AM.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #2
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL channel "Best Super Bowl Teams of all time"

Don't know about my top 5, but IMO, the best SB team has to be the '86 Bears. Watching them play was like watching Tyson box when he was in his prime. You just knew he has the better fighter as well as you knew the Bears were the better team.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #3
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually it is the '85 Bears not the '86 Bears...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #4
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

true enough, but they won the SB in 86.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #5
DCSaints_fan
Rookie

The '89 49ers often get overlooked. But they destroyed everyone in the playoffs, and almost everyone in the regular season, too.
DCSaints_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #6
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

It's going to be the 72 Dolphins.

Ultimately the bottom line is the score at the end of regulation... and the Dolphins made it untarnished.

they topped everything in the league just about... most points, best defense, etc.
( although their kicker was suspect... so no triple crown for all three phases of the game -poorly placed inside joke- )

The 85 Bears didn't have the best offense in the NFL that year... the Dolphins and Chargers ruled that season. ( the same Dolphins that beat the 85 Bears too )
Old 01-31-2007   #7
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

[quote=raytex;585299]Has anyone been watching the NFL Network, the countdown of "The best superbowl teams of all time"..QUOTE]

What is this thing you call "NFL Network"?
Old 01-31-2007   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked ESPNS Top 80 teams better. If you look at that Dolphin team they played a weak schedule and barely scraped by a few times.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...rankings/80-61
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #9
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

06 Texans..................oh yes!
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #10
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 61122 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I liked ESPNS Top 80 teams better. If you look at that Dolphin team they played a weak schedule and barely scraped by a few times.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...rankings/80-61
Their strength of schedule was .367. I wonder what the record is for easiest schedule for a Super Bowl winner?
They only played 2 games against teams that ended the season with a winning record in the regular season.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #11
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

In terms of the most impressive set of statistics for a Super Bowl winner, my vote would be the 1996 Green Bay Packers. They were #5 in the NFL in total offense, #5 in passing offense, #11 in rushing offense, and #1 in scoring offense as well as #1 in total defense, #4 in rushing defense, #1 in passing defense, and #1 in scoring defense en route to going 13-3, breezing thru the NFC playoffs winning their two games by an average score of 33-14, then beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl 35-21.

That said my personal pick for the best Super Bowl team ever would have to be the '89 49ers or the '85 Bears.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle View Post
In terms of the most impressive set of statistics for a Super Bowl winner, my vote would be the 1996 Green Bay Packers. They were #5 in the NFL in total offense, #5 in passing offense, #11 in rushing offense, and #1 in scoring offense as well as #1 in total defense, #4 in rushing defense, #1 in passing defense, and #1 in scoring defense en route to going 13-3, breezing thru the NFC playoffs winning their two games by an average score of 33-14, then beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl 35-21.

That said my personal pick for the best Super Bowl team ever would have to be the '89 49ers or the '85 Bears.
Personally I think the Cowboys 92 team was one of the best ever. They were stacked and even an underrated D, personnel wise, was ranked tops in the league. It is hard to argue against the 85 Bears though. From a football fan standpoint I loved being 7-9 years old and watching the Cowboy/Steelers teams of the late 70s though. I think the Cowboys team that lost in 79 was one of the best out there despite the loss...I think they are ranked highest for a losing team on ESPN.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90044 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Personally I think the Cowboys 92 team was one of the best ever. They were stacked and even an underrated D, personnel wise, was ranked tops in the league. It is hard to argue against the 85 Bears though. From a football fan standpoint I loved being 7-9 years old and watching the Cowboy/Steelers teams of the late 70s though. I think the Cowboys team that lost in 79 was one of the best out there despite the loss...I think they are ranked highest for a losing team on ESPN.
I would vote 85 Bears.

2nd place for me would be the 92 Cowboys tho.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read