Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-29-2007   #1
K.D.
Veteran

Default What IF?

Adrian Peteson is gone by the 8th pick and we don't find anyone to trade with and the sticky situation is that Brady Quinn is the one who has actually fell this far and we pick him with our pick.
Will we as TEXANS fans be totally bummed about the pick or do we think this guy may have a shot to show that he can lead this team the way Kubes wants it done? Just curious about what people would think & just think, this might very well could happen.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What IF?

There is no way on god's green earth that Minnesota would pass on Quinn in the unlikely scenario that he's there at 7. They aren't sold on Jackson...
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007   #3
AtheGreat
Veteran

i know i'd be pretty bummed out, but i wouldn't boycott texans games. i guess we could do worse than Quinn, but i'm not seeing much to him. cant win against decent teams, plain and simple. i see AP, landry/nelson, or DE with the 8 spot.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007   #4
K.D.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
There is no way on god's green earth that Minnesota would pass on Quinn in the unlikely scenario that he's there at 7. They aren't sold on Jackson...
Man I hope your right, cuz to me Quinn seems similar to Carr in alot of ways.
K.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

IF Quinn is the guy that fell to us and kubiak/smith select him. I won't be the happiest camper at all, I'd rather somone else. But that says a lot to me that they selected him and they know a lot more than i do. I would pray they let him learn how to lead our offense before putting him in and then i would pray he's the real deal and our franchise QB. There isn't much else we could do..
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007   #6
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
Adrian Peteson is gone by the 8th pick and we don't find anyone to trade with and the sticky situation is that Brady Quinn is the one who has actually fell this far and we pick him with our pick.
Will we as TEXANS fans be totally bummed about the pick or do we think this guy may have a shot to show that he can lead this team the way Kubes wants it done? Just curious about what people would think & just think, this might very well could happen.
I am on the Anderson or Adams bandwagon so if they are there then I am very pleased.
Old 01-29-2007   #7
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.D. View Post
Man I hope your right, cuz to me Quinn seems similar to Carr in alot of ways.
Not that i am a huge Brady Quinn Fan... I just don't see the comparison really.
Old 01-29-2007   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
I do.

I see Quinn as a Carr/Harrington combo, which doesn't sound good to me at all. I would stay away.
Old 01-29-2007   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Detroit needs to draft him. They need a better QB and A.J. Hawk can sack him a few times twice a year for a long time. His sister would be pissed.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007   #10
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 59 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate Brady Quinn. That being said, with the right coaching, I think he could become a franchise QB.
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007   #12
Charter PSL Fan
Rookie

Quote:
Well, these guys don't wear gay little ear rings.
Charter PSL Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007   #13
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Just had to go there...

anyway, if AP isnt there at 8 I would much rather we draft Anderson, Branch, Nelson or Landry over Quinn
Old 01-29-2007   #14
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

AtheGreat, great avatar man.
Old 01-29-2007   #15
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i tell you what...if we get to the 8th pick in the draft...adrian is gone...quinn is still there and no one will trade down...reach for a better player...levi brown, amobi okoye, laron landry, reggie nelson, paul posluszny, etc...i can keep going and going...but i do not want brady quinn here in houston at all...period...end of story
Old 01-29-2007   #16
ryansisgod
Veteran

personally i think carriker makes a better nfl DE than adams or anderson
Old 01-30-2007   #17
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess it depends on how you color your coffee in the mornings. Adams will be the fastest and quickest out of the group. He would be the compliment to
Mario. But I'm a little guy shy visa vie guys who make several big plays in a season vs guys who have posted a better body of work durring their careers. Which bings us to Anderson. He is stouter and will bring the run stuffing ablity
which will be a liablity with Adams...JMHO. Carriker is so close to Mario, I don't see the point. Slower than Mario with just as an effective high end motor. Anderson, best overall up side. Adams, playmaker quicker, compliments Mario very well. Carriker, zero sum gain. Just the way I see it. You could be correct, and I could be wrong . We'll see what they do in the combine.
Old 01-30-2007   #18
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure about that, they just drafted Tavaris last year (and used a 2nd round pick on him at that), I don't think they've given him appropriate time to show whether or not he is going to be their guy. I personally have my doubts, but I don't see them taking Quinn at #7.

That said, if Peterson is gone and a few others are gone (I personally would take Jamaal Anderson, Amobi Okoye, or probably LaRon Landry, Leon Hall, and maybe a few others before taking Quinn) then there is a decent chance that the Texans would end up taking Brady Quinn at #8, but if anything I think that would increase their chance of trying to trade down as a few teams in the next several picks could be willing to offer a decent trade package to move up and grab Quinn. If we can't get a decent trade offer though I think there would be a legitimate chance that they would pull the trigger on Quinn.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007   #19
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

I wouldnt be bummed at all as long as we get a FS. i dont care for quinn or peterson.
Old 01-30-2007   #20
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

I thought Quinn actually moved responded well to pressure in the bowl game. He might actually be pretty good.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read