Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-27-2007   #1
staind755
Rookie

Default Who don't you want to drafted as a Texan?

It seems like this year it is a lot different then last years draft. I was just wondering what would you HATE to see the Texans do with their 8th pick in the first rd. Whether it's taking John Doe, or trading to move up, down, etc. What don't want to see the Texans do?
staind755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #2
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who don't you want to drafted as a Texan?

brady quinn would be the worst pick possible IMO. after that, dont reach on a d-lineman.
Old 01-28-2007   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Ted Ginn, Brady Quinn, Alan Branch

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Brady Quinn, Marshawn Lynch, any receiver but C.Johnson, Paul posluzny, and not reaching for OL or DL...at the 8th

I don't want to see us trade up for our 1st selection...we need ALL the picks we can get.

I wouldn't mind seeing us trading down at all...so long as we pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd rder. They should be starters anyways....I wouldn't trade down past 16ish probably.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Ted Ginn, Brady Quinn, Alan Branch
I actually Like Alan Branch. agree with the other two. Untill I see Ginn Jr in a NFL game going over the middle and not allagator arm the catch...he's a one trick poney.

Sidney Rice WR South Carolina. There is a ton of upside with Rice. However he does not have natural soft hands, He strugles in most NFL patterns except the fly pattern. The fly he does very,very well. He has a higher bust range than "all star" range. Anyone takes him day one is gambeling they can coach him up.

I'm not anti Leron Landry. Taking the guy at the eight is very foolish. Landry is in the 12- 20 range in terms of tallent, and BPA. Taking the guy with the eight is like throwing two picks away. I don't think this team can afford to do that.
Old 01-28-2007   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I'm not anti Leron Landry. Taking the guy at the eight is very foolish. Landry is in the 12- 20 range in terms of tallent, and BPA. Taking the guy with the eight is like throwing two picks away. I don't think this team can afford to do that.
I guess I feel the same way about Branch (and Landy for that matter). I don't really dislike Branch, but I don't think he should be a top 10 pick.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #7
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

My thoughts are pretty close to Ole Miss Texans'

I don't want Marshawn Lynch at #8. Only really watched him in the bowl game vs. the Aggies, but (despite his stats) he didn't impress me. Maybe if we traded into the lower part of the 1st, but not with a high pick.

Brady Quinn doesn't impress me either. If he falls to us at #8, I'd hope that we'd trade down with someone...

The only receiver I'd want early (in fact, almost anywhere in the first few rounds, unless we were getting great value) is Calvin Johnson. But, I wouldn't want to trade up for him, and the only way I think he'd fall to #8 would be if some serious problem popped up (in which case I might not want him anymore).

The only scenario I'd want to trade up would be if we had already released Carr and were trading up to get Russell. But even then, I don't know that I would really like it - it would be more of a trade out of need. Trade down might be OK (we need players) depending on the deal, but I'd probably be happiest staying put - I think we'll get someone good at #8, and going down even to #13 or so gets a lot shakier.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2007   #8
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staind755 View Post
It seems like this year it is a lot different then last years draft. I was just wondering what would you HATE to see the Texans do with their 8th pick in the first rd. Whether it's taking John Doe, or trading to move up, down, etc. What don't want to see the Texans do?
hey u got somethin johndoe???
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #9
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler
Lightbulb Re: Who don't you want to drafted as a Texan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by staind755 View Post
We all can agree Brady Quinn. He looks like Carr and has the same mechanics as Carr. So no on that one......
SamuraiSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #10
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Last thing this team really needs is another great receiver with nobody to get the ball to him. With that said, my answer is:

ANY WR (including CJ), Quinn
Old 01-28-2007   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

No to Quinn or any Domer for that matter.
Old 01-28-2007   #12
TexansJunkE
Veteran

"A numbers guy", for once can we get a guy that has a proven record to make a game changing play. (AP) Listen I bleed burnt orange and hate Oklahoma with a passion, but nothing for nothing this kid can flat out play ball! If he isn't there and I was making the choice 1) I would trade down and go for value like a Nelson or Landry, 2) Jamaal Anderson keep building that D Baby! The fact is we need a something on Sundays to look at and say we are one of the best teams to ....... Now whether it's our O-line, D-line, run game or pass game, we need something.
Old 01-28-2007   #13
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Of the names I've seen tossed around, I think drafting Adrian Peterson would be a big mistake. Missed to many games at the college level.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #14
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton View Post
Of the names I've seen tossed around, I think drafting Adrian Peterson would be a big mistake. Missed to many games at the college level.
From freak, non-recurring injuries. No worries about health.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #15
bigTEXan8
All Pro

no qb...not even a late rounder. unless it is c.johnson, then no wr. i want a S/CB. i mentioned this in another thread that i like the kid out of florida..."the eraser". i wouldn't mind d.wright in the 2nd or 3rd, provided he's still there. (i have already admitted to being a bulldog homer).
Old 01-28-2007   #16
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

People I don't want to reach for at 8th pick:
Laron Landry
Levi Brown
Any OLB
Marshawn Lynch
Reggie Nelson
Any DL not named Alan Branch

People I don't want period:
Jamarcus Russel
Leon Hall
Old 01-28-2007   #17
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Ted Ginn is a sissy. He was jogging off the field when he got "hurt" then he comes back on crutches? I wouldn't want someone that isn't tough on my team.

Also, Brady Quinn. You guys don't need another David Carr.
Old 01-28-2007   #18
Toro
Veteran

Ted Ginn Jr.
JaMarcus Russell
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #19
wolfscar
Veteran

For the first pick ...
- Any receiver
- Any QB
- D-Line - I think we have bigger holes to fill

I'd mostly like to see us trade down to a late-middle pick in the first and get either FS or CB ... mostly.
Old 01-28-2007   #20
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
I think Ted Ginn is a sissy. He was jogging off the field when he got "hurt" then he comes back on crutches? I wouldn't want someone that isn't tough on my team.
I'm pretty sure that the doctors were the ones who told him what to do. I highly doubt that they told him he was fine, but he decided to walk with crutches anyway.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read