Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-27-2007   #21
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Re: Fred Weary Lawsuit

Hmmm.

Maybe we should ban TASERS! Ban everything.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16836206/?GT1=8921
This story is really popular right now too... some guy pulls out a taser in anger and socks it to his wife's over eager 79 year old grandmother.

Taser control.
No smoking.
No guns.
No nukes.
No drinking.
No sex until marriage.
No more crying about drafting Mario Williams.
No trans fats.
No little lady cops that need to use tasers for equal employment opportunities.

outside of the civil rights complaints of Fred, I am glad he got tasered. He needed it. Basically hoggin a roster spot from somebody that could at least pretend to block for the past 5 years. Big cap eating lummox.

Maybe instead of using Pavlov's Dog Theory on Carr to fix the line, Kubiak should take a cue from this taser lesson. You know, dig down deep into his agarian roots and pull out a few cattle prods. Everytime Fred misses an assignment... just lay into him with the shock therapy.

You know it will at least get his attention.
Old 01-27-2007   #22
sixfour
Site Contributor

Section: 136/350/353
Rep Power: 40 sixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respectedsixfour is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=The Pencil Neck;583805]
IIRC, it's also a law that all non-residential buildings in Houston have hitching posts in front of them.

Texas is always good for a laugh.
sixfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #23
tex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSword View Post

BTW An officer said to me one time it doesn't matter if you have a front license plate..
I have a friend that is a policeman and he said in Texas you have to have a front and back license plate.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #24
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Much ado about nothing...

We are the ones who will have to pay the penalty either way you look at it. The city could use that 1/4 of a million on something else instead of paying a millionaire some chump change...

I wish they would pick me to be on that jury... $1 dollar in damages, now let's move on...
Old 01-28-2007   #25
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
I have a friend that is a policeman and he said in Texas you have to have a front and back license plate.

hmmmm guess that cop was a rookie then.
SamuraiSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #26
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
Hmmm.

Maybe we should ban TASERS! Ban everything.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16836206/?GT1=8921
This story is really popular right now too... some guy pulls out a taser in anger and socks it to his wife's over eager 79 year old grandmother.

Taser control.
No smoking.
No guns.
No nukes.
No drinking.
No sex until marriage.
No more crying about drafting Mario Williams.
No trans fats.
No little lady cops that need to use tasers for equal employment opportunities.

outside of the civil rights complaints of Fred, I am glad he got tasered. He needed it. Basically hoggin a roster spot from somebody that could at least pretend to block for the past 5 years. Big cap eating lummox.

Maybe instead of using Pavlov's Dog Theory on Carr to fix the line, Kubiak should take a cue from this taser lesson. You know, dig down deep into his agarian roots and pull out a few cattle prods. Everytime Fred misses an assignment... just lay into him with the shock therapy.

You know it will at least get his attention.
Yeah every righteous person wants to ban everything. They all live in California..

So why such an anger towards weary? I think someone needs a taser or two......
SamuraiSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #27
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah every righteous person wants to ban everything. They all live in California..

So why such an anger towards weary?
I think it's because Weary is too stupid or arrogant to realize the obvious, he only has himself to blame.
If he had complied with the officer and not proceeded to walk toward him/her, he would never have been tasered.

He assumes he was singled out due to race, instead of taking responsibility that he broke the law.
The whole, "I'm a victim" mentality doesn't sit well with most Texans.
He should be grateful he was just tasered, if this had happened in 1977 they would have used bullets.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-28-2007   #28
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BCarrFree View Post
That video shows the truth.
If it's as the officer stated and he didn't comply and was advancing toward her, Weary should be the one apologizing.
If you break the law, no front plates, etc., you break the law. Stop whining about being "profiled" and move on.
I've been pulled over before for not having a front license plate, but I never challenged the officer by continuing to walk toward the officer when told to stop.
Weary's demands are ridiculous. With crime as bad as it is now, the police do not need any more restrictions, just the opposite.
At the rate our government is disregarding and infringing upon American citizens' rights and freedoms, police need as much oversight as possible. This country's government was founded on the principle of checks and balances. The only people that perform oversight on the cops are other cops (IA). It's a travesty that needs to be corrected. If it comes out that the cop was in the right in this particular case, then hooray and Weary needs to apologize to her and the city. If it comes out the other way, then the reverse should happen. This attitude that the cops need to be above the law is absurd and absolutely dangerous thinking.
Old 01-28-2007   #29
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Fred Weary Lawsuit

Among my many HPD compaints I've been a part of an internal affairs investigation because I watched a cop manhandle some late teen bratty kids because they didn't apologize to another table they accidentally hit with a napkin when kid A was trying to throw it at kid B.

Wow, you're right! If they had listened to the officer they wouldn't have gotten what they deserved! If only he had a taser he wouldn't have had to choke one and slam the other against a wall!

Your argument doesn't hold water. Sadly there are HPD officers with chips on their shoulders, and they need to be curtailed.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #30
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

This is ridiculous. This just shows how arrogant he is and how he is using his color to take advantage of the situation. Especially bringing out Quanell X whom harbors criminals for his own interests.

If a cop pulls you over its for a reason. Do what they say and nothing will happen. If he has a chip on his shoulder, take his badge number and report him/her. That is the checks and balances. No one is above the law, not even NFL players.

If you dont like laws, tough. Go live somewhere else. Its the price we pay to live in the greatest nation on earth. There are stupid laws on the books to protect us. Idiots have 5 kids to a smart person's one. And when an ***** gets on the road smokin pot or drinkin and drivin, guess what? They need a stupid law like the license plate on the front or light illuminating the license plate to pull those idiots over to get them off the road. If you are mistakingly pulled over, dont go ape **** nuts that you are victim of racism. Seriously, be smarter than that Fred.

Racial profiling. Is America really that soft and sensitive? This is why we have to frisk 80 year old white women instead of the 5 guys behind you that look Mullah Omar, the Shoe Bomber, and bin Laden in line at Bush InterContinental. If I fit the description of a criminal and they pull me over because of it, good. Atleast they are out there, risking there lives for me trying to get dangerous people off the road.

And while I am ranting I will share a story about Fred. He was at a Pearland mechanic, didnt want to wait for his vehicle to be serviced because he was "Fred Weary." Then thought the price was too high, and when it got fixed he stiffed the mechanic $80. $80. He makes more in a year than what it will take some of us in a lifetime. Way to go Fred.

And yall know what else? These civil servants put their lives on the line for bad pay and get disrespected when they try to do their job. They protect us similiar to the way soldiers do.Thier job may not be as risky, but respect the badge and what they do. They are not out there to cause us headaches. Protect and serve is what they do. IF they did something wrong, they should own up to it. But dont try to profit from it for your own selfish reasons.

I think I am through...
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007   #31
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
No one is above the law, not even cops.
There. Fixed that for you.
Old 01-29-2007   #32
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BCarrFree View Post
That video shows the truth.
If it's as the officer stated and he didn't comply and was advancing toward her, Weary should be the one apologizing.
If you break the law, no front plates, etc., you break the law. Stop whining about being "profiled" and move on.
I've been pulled over before for not having a front license plate, but I never challenged the officer by continuing to walk toward the officer when told to stop.
Weary's demands are ridiculous. With crime as bad as it is now, the police do not need any more restrictions, just the opposite.
The fact the case was thrown out shows just how right the officers where in stopping him, right? Also, the police report claimed they followed him for several miles before pulling him over...just wondering, how could they see he didnt have a FRONT liscense plate? This cases stinks of DWB, and as much as we hate to admit it, racial profilling is very much a part of our society.
Old 01-29-2007   #33
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:

So why such an anger towards weary? I think someone needs a taser or two......
I don't know? I was just trying to work some football into it.

There are a lot of undertones in this particular case and that makes it interesting.

Let me try again...

I don't know what Fred is complaining about? I mean back in the day, a brother would've gotten lynched or jailed for years on end for looking at the policemen wrong. Look at Ledbetter. Then came the era of just getting your teeth knocked out or even shot, because the police got tired of dragging you back to the station to violate your civil rights in private. Look at LA. Knowadays you just get tasered by a woman.

That's progress.

Sorta like how a 6-10 season is great and MUCH better then any other losing season.
Old 01-29-2007   #34
tex
Veteran

Quote:
hmmmm guess that cop was a rookie then.
Try ATF
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #35
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Profiling? Racial or otherwise, is alive and happens everday in the US. For example...My brother's oldest boy is 14 and slightly retarded. My brother's son was getting picked on by a kid that lived down the street. My brother went down to talk to the kids dad to try and get the kid to stop, but the guy was drunk and went off on my brother. He started threatening my brother, and actually swung and knocked my brother's hat off and threatened to hit him with a baseball bat. My brother was afraid to turn his back on this guy because he was out of control. I had been watching and walked up so my brother could move away safely.

Once at a safe distance, my brother called to cops to file a complaint. Now, my brother isn't a small guy. He is 6'-2" and weighs about 285. The other guy is about 5'-9" and weighs about 165. The thing is, my brother is disabled, and can barely walk, and then only with a cane. When the cop came, he saw my brothers size and immediately took a defensive position and treated my brother like a threat. The cop would not listen to my brothers story, even though my brother was the one that called. The cop talked the other guy into filing charges against my brother, and then gave my brother a ticket for disturbing the peace. My brother never raised his voice one single time, but the other guy was yelling and cussing so loud that you could here him clear down the street. The guy even threatened me, yet nothing happened to him, but my brother gets the ticket.

So, you saying that Weary was wrong, and that he wasn't a target of profiling, is ridiculous. Unless you were there, you have no clue what actually happened. Unless you were there, all you can do is guess what happened based on what you have heard others say.

Let me ask you a question. Where you there when Weary stiffed the mechanic? Do you know if there was a reason for it? I have stiffed a mechanic before and I will do so again if they do what this guy tried to do. This mechanic tried to charge me for something that I didn't authorize him to do, so I refused to pay for it. He threatened to call the police on me, so I told him to go for it. He didn't call, because he knew he was wrong. How do you know that something like this didn't happen to Weary? My point is that you shouldn't jump to conclusions if you don't know the whole story.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #36
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
The fact the case was thrown out shows just how right the officers where in stopping him, right? Also, the police report claimed they followed him for several miles before pulling him over...just wondering, how could they see he didnt have a FRONT liscense plate? This cases stinks of DWB, and as much as we hate to admit it, racial profilling is very much a part of our society.
Um i dunno maybe when he passed them as they were sitting and waiting for an excuse to pull someone over.....its just a wild guess.

I actually had a friend get pulled over and ticketed in Dallas for doin 71 in a 70......of course it was thrown out but it goes to show some cops just wanna be jerks. not all of course......i guess i see it as another reason to hate the cowgirls, and dallas.
Old 01-31-2007   #37
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I am on the side of truth. If Weary did everything the police officers said that he did, and handled himself in a manner that caused the officers to feel threatened, then he should receive a fine and that should settle it.

On the otherhand, if the officers were over zealous, and agressive in their handling of Weary, and if he first only asked for an apology, it should be forthcoming. If not, and he decides to sue, then so be it. The amount asked doesn't seem unreasonable to me if what he says happened did indeed happen. Whatever his actual damages were should be paid as well as punitive. It isn't in my opinion what he can afford or what he should or should not do with the money, it is about laws in place to compensate money damages as a way to punish the offender. If the officers are guilty, then they deserve punishment. Ouch, maybe I will think twice about my behavior before doing it again. Why, if wrong, is an apology so hard, at least that was the first option?
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007   #38
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Fred should have been pulled over. He was driving very suspiciously. First, he slowed down when he saw the cops. Then, he looked at the cop car. These are horrible things. Who on Earth, if they thought they were speeding and saw a cop car, would slow down and look at the cop to see what would happen? When the car followed, he looked back to see what was going on. This again, makes no sense. Why would anybody look back at a patrol car if they thought they were being followed by it?

Fred should stand up for his rights and the rights of every other person who is pulled over. I think it's great that he's doing it. Police and police procedure should be reviewed and rewritten as need be.

It doesn't matter how far we've come as a society in terms of race relations and law enforcement, there is always room for improvement.
Old 01-31-2007   #39
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

I'll withhold judgment until I've seen this tape, since all of the "evidence" we have at this point seems to be hearsay.

It isn't unthinkable that the officers acted inappropriately and should be punished accordingly. It also isn't unthinkable that Fred acted foolishly and was met with force, however unfortunately, within the realm of legal procedure and reason. Finally, it isn't unthinkable that both parties shared some blame in the matter.

Racial profiling is a deeply regrettable expression of ignorance and hate, but impropriety or failure to follow procedure doesn't have to arise out of racism. Given the posts here, many people seem to assume automatically that it does.
Old 01-31-2007   #40
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
This is ridiculous. This just shows how arrogant he is and how he is using his color to take advantage of the situation. Especially bringing out Quanell X whom harbors criminals for his own interests.

If a cop pulls you over its for a reason. Do what they say and nothing will happen. If he has a chip on his shoulder, take his badge number and report him/her. That is the checks and balances. No one is above the law, not even NFL players.

If you dont like laws, tough. Go live somewhere else. Its the price we pay to live in the greatest nation on earth. There are stupid laws on the books to protect us. Idiots have 5 kids to a smart person's one. And when an ***** gets on the road smokin pot or drinkin and drivin, guess what? They need a stupid law like the license plate on the front or light illuminating the license plate to pull those idiots over to get them off the road. If you are mistakingly pulled over, dont go ape **** nuts that you are victim of racism. Seriously, be smarter than that Fred.

Racial profiling. Is America really that soft and sensitive? This is why we have to frisk 80 year old white women instead of the 5 guys behind you that look Mullah Omar, the Shoe Bomber, and bin Laden in line at Bush InterContinental. If I fit the description of a criminal and they pull me over because of it, good. Atleast they are out there, risking there lives for me trying to get dangerous people off the road.

And while I am ranting I will share a story about Fred. He was at a Pearland mechanic, didnt want to wait for his vehicle to be serviced because he was "Fred Weary." Then thought the price was too high, and when it got fixed he stiffed the mechanic $80. $80. He makes more in a year than what it will take some of us in a lifetime. Way to go Fred.

And yall know what else? These civil servants put their lives on the line for bad pay and get disrespected when they try to do their job. They protect us similiar to the way soldiers do.Thier job may not be as risky, but respect the badge and what they do. They are not out there to cause us headaches. Protect and serve is what they do. IF they did something wrong, they should own up to it. But dont try to profit from it for your own selfish reasons.

I think I am through...
I agree but I was not there to see if he stiffed the mechanic if it is true and if the michanic did nothing wrong then I think that is horrible. I cant stand celeb. and how they think they are better then you or me. It just dosent make any sense. But if I was Fred then I would have deff not have ever approched the officer.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read