Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-27-2007   #1
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Carr-ections...

I've heard alot of RUMORS, and I stress rumors, I'm honestly tired of hearing everyone say " get rid of Carr, He stinks" etc... Who the hell do people figure can come to the Texans and make some sort of immediate impact. Sage Rosefels? Sage is deff. not battle tested. Plummer? There's a reason he's not playing in Denver. Some rookie? ANOTHER year of rebuilding... The truth of the matter is, bringing in a vet. QB or even bringing in a new QB is foolish. Give David Carr some competition, make him fight for his job, and I don't mean just for one week, I'm talking about every week make him want it. Thats the only way I could possibly see progress with out starting over from the beginning with our offense.
Old 01-27-2007   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69728 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Carr-ections...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
I've heard alot of RUMORS, and I stress rumors, I'm honestly tired of hearing everyone say " get rid of Carr, He stinks" etc... Who the hell do people figure can come to the Texans and make some sort of immediate impact. Sage Rosefels? Sage is deff. not battle tested. Plummer? There's a reason he's not playing in Denver. Some rookie? ANOTHER year of rebuilding... The truth of the matter is, bringing in a vet. QB or even bringing in a new QB is foolish. Give David Carr some competition, make him fight for his job, and I don't mean just for one week, I'm talking about every week make him want it. Thats the only way I could possibly see progress with out starting over from the beginning with our offense.
First

Quote:
Who the hell do people figure can come to the Texans and make some sort of immediate impact. Sage Rosefels? Sage is deff. not battle tested.
Then

Quote:
Give David Carr some competition, make him fight for his job, and I don't mean just for one week, I'm talking about every week make him want it. Thats the only way I could possibly see progress with out starting over from the beginning with our offense.
Finally

Quote:
The truth of the matter is, bringing in a vet. QB or even bringing in a new QB is foolish.
Ok you want David Carr to be challenged, you want David Carr to actually have competition going into camp, that actually has the skills to compete and challenge him.................(so do I)

But you don't believe Sage is that guy, which you admit..........then you say

Quote:
The truth of the matter is, bringing in a vet. QB or even bringing in a new QB is foolish.
how the hell are we suppossed to find somebody to compete with Carr, if the answer isn't here and we aren't suppossed to bring anybody in...........I'm curious.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007   #3
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

pick someone up in the draft and let them learn to be the step up , i was meaning from an immediate impact standpoint
Old 01-27-2007   #4
Andrew6
Site Contributor

also i like sage, just don't know if he's capable of making a starting position the entire year, might be a bit frail.
Old 01-27-2007   #5
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
also i like sage, just don't know if he's capable of making a starting position the entire year, might be a bit frail.
I don't really know where frail comes from. Yea he broke his hand playing ST...but this is football. A broken hand is not too uncommon.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007   #6
Low Life
Rookie

my first reaction says get jake and draft kolb with our second/third pick. somebody gets cut before the season but hey... i apologize if my mathematics are wrong and this is impossible. like i said, it's my first reaction.
Old 01-27-2007   #7
Aztequila
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Aztequila

I'm not sure how to feel about Carr. I want him to stick around and prove people wrong, but then again, maybe Houston isnt the best place for him, and he needs a change of scenery. I don't see what is wrong with drafting a QB and letting him sit a while as Carr and Sage, maybe Plummer, battle it out. I'm still thinking that Carr will win the postion battle, maybe not by much, but he will win, and then we take things from there.
Old 01-27-2007   #8
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269 View Post
I don't really know where frail comes from. Yea he broke his hand playing ST...but this is football. A broken hand is not too uncommon.
He didn't break his hand but broke his thumb on his throwing hand.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007   #9
ASTRODOME2002
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanfan2002114 View Post
He didn't break his hand but broke his thumb on his throwing hand.
The thumb is a part of the hand.
ASTRODOME2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007   #10
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTRODOME2002 View Post
The thumb is a part of the hand.
The hand is a part of the arm.
Old 01-27-2007   #11
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The hand is a part of the arm.
The arm bone is connected to the shoulder bone!
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

With that logic, I guess I broke my neck as a kid since my toe is connected to it through various other connections.
Old 01-27-2007   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think it's a coincidence that Jake Plummer had his worst year in Denver after Kubiak left. I also don't think it's a coincidence that the entire Denver offense wasn't as good after Kubiak left. It's also not coincidence that Plummer had his best years while Kubiak was the OC. So yes, I think Jake Plummer would have more of an immediate impact than Carr. I think Rosenfels would have more of an impact than Carr as well.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I don't think it's a coincidence that Jake Plummer had his worst year in Denver after Kubiak left. I also don't think it's a coincidence that the entire Denver offense wasn't as good after Kubiak left. It's also not coincidence that Plummer had his best years while Kubiak was the OC. So yes, I think Jake Plummer would have more of an immediate impact than Carr. I think Rosenfels would have more of an impact than Carr as well.
Could not agree more. I'd rather have Plummer or Rosenfels with a drafted rookie learning then Carr, the dissension, the booing and the same old, some old. I think a break for both parties is best. I'm tired of the years passing by while Carr can't learn the most basic QBing tenents....don't take unnecessary sacks and don't eye screw your receivers before throwing to them.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007   #15
old football fan
Veteran

Plumer=has been and never will be. Rosenfels=Carrer backup 6 yrs in NFL with 3 different teams means backup at best.
old football fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by old football fan View Post
Plumer=has been and never will be. Rosenfels=Carrer backup 6 yrs in NFL with 3 different teams means backup at best.
Yet they both seem farther along than Carr when playing and if we draft a guy to learn then they are just holding the spot for now.
Old 01-27-2007   #17
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

take someone who Kubiak likes at QB in FA and/or in the draft and let them all battle it out. I know thats easier than it sounds, but competition brings out the best in players, and hopefully it can for someone. I'm tired of defending Carr and reading on people hating on him, I just want to see the QB situation solved whatever that may be. If it means Carr staying, fine by me; if Carr gets traded, no big deal. Lets just fix the QB situation and move on, too many people are getting caught up in Carr alone.
Old 01-27-2007   #18
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
take someone who Kubiak likes at QB in FA and/or in the draft and let them all battle it out. I know thats easier than it sounds, but competition brings out the best in players, and hopefully it can for someone. I'm tired of defending Carr and reading on people hating on him, I just want to see the QB situation solved whatever that may be. If it means Carr staying, fine by me; if Carr gets traded, no big deal. Lets just fix the QB situation and move on, too many people are getting caught up in Carr alone.
couldnt have said it better lork.
Old 01-27-2007   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88 View Post
I agree but I think the Carr situation took on a life of its own a couple of years back. The problem now is that you have players(IMHO), fans and coaches who aren't sure if they can trust the guy in games and who are tired of the rhetoric. People are already off his bandwagon by a country mile. After 5 years he still hasn't shown that he can master the basics of being an NFL QB and even with competition you are still setting yourself up for those who will boo and want your backup or they will boo and want to hold onto their Carr fantasy like they have too long already. It sets up for a team divided. The best bet is to ship him off, wish him luck and hope you both do better with a change of scenery. We can get a FA QB who is probably a better fit at this time and we can draft a guy to groom. All in all the whole "Carr" fiasco won't be a lingering cloud like it has been for the last 2 years. The only thing I see competition as bringing at this point is team and fan base divided and debating a year too long.
Old 01-27-2007   #20
ASTRODOME2002
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Could not agree more. I'd rather have Plummer or Rosenfels with a drafted rookie learning then Carr, the dissension, the booing and the same old, some old. I think a break for both parties is best. I'm tired of the years passing by while Carr can't learn the most basic QBing tenents....don't take unnecessary sacks and don't eye screw your receivers before throwing to them.
What has Sage Rosenfels done, besides be the always loved backup quarterback, to have people believe that he'll do better than Carr? How does a backup QB,who for some strange reason was behind David Carr, have the confidence of an entire city? That just doesn't make any sense. As far as Jake Plummer, you'd be getting somebody to plug the hole until a better solution became available. David Carr hasn't done great in his 5 years here, but he has also had to run for his life every game under to previous regime. This was the first year that David was in a system where he wasn't forced to drop back and pray after 3 seconds. Put Carr behind the offensive line of the Patriots and he would have been a better qb. Give Carr a running game and watch his passer rating improve. It was his first season under Kubiak and midway through it, he was one of the more accurate qb's in the league. Then the starting center went down and he began to struggle. Give Carr another season under Kubiak and see how well he progresses. I think that with a good running game and some protection, David Carr can be better than most people think.
ASTRODOME2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read