Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-25-2007   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Another update on Plummer coming to Houston

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...303726,00.html

Houston Texans: Coach Gary Kubiak is looking for a veteran because David Carr's play regressed and Kubiak likes Plummer as a player. Plummer always has said he enjoyed playing for Kubiak, a former Broncos offensive coordinator.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #2
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl
Default Re: Another update on Plummer coming to Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post

Houston Texans: Coach Gary Kubiak is looking for a veteran because David Carr's play regressed and Kubiak likes Plummer as a player. Plummer always has said he enjoyed playing for Kubiak, a former Broncos offensive coordinator.
I just have this feeling he will end up here...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #3
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8 View Post
I just have this feeling he will end up here...
It's definitely looking that way. It will be nice to have Plummer and Carr duke it out with the winner getting the job...Kubiak isn't playing any favoritism games with Carr or else he would have already endorsed him as the lone starter.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269 View Post
It's definitely looking that way. It will be nice to have Plummer and Carr duke it out with the winner getting the job...Kubiak isn't playing any favoritism games with Carr or else he would have already endorsed him as the lone starter.
I don't know if it'll end up that way. I don't know that we'll carry 3 quarterbacks. Someone's got to go.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #5
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

well why not cut carr and that big salary? that seems logical to me.
Old 01-25-2007   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 237178 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

According to that article, we may end up having to give them Sage....
Old 01-25-2007   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I don't know if it'll end up that way. I don't know that we'll carry 3 quarterbacks. Someone's got to go.
I really wish we would...Or at least find someone else that can take the backup QBs special teams role. Watching our second option at QB get hurt while option #1 stinks it up more than a New Jersey sewer rat's fecal matter is not something I want to see next season (is that the smelliest combination possible? In any case, I tried. I still don't know if it appropriately conveys the smellitude).

I also don't want another #3 QB situation like a couple years ago. And if it comes to getting rid of someone...Carr is a fine person but he's had his chances. Not only has he not improved (other than the very beginning) he has extremely terrible games with his "improvement" games barely reaching mediocre. Let Sage and Jake battle it out at that point, preferably with a rookie that can take over at some point in the next couple years. That would actually be a better scenario IMO than Carr - Plummer - Sage.

Sponsored links
Old 01-25-2007   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
According to that article, we may end up having to give them Sage....
I hope not. Sage is a decent backup QB.

Based on that article, Plummer is too expensive, IMO. We might as well draft a kid to develop in the long run and take our chances with Super Dave. I don't see Plummer as a major upgrade over what we've already got, to be honest. And financially, we'd owe a lot of money to the QB position and we could really use those funds at other spots on this team.
Old 01-25-2007   #9
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Based on that article, Plummer is too expensive, IMO. We might as well draft a kid to develop in the long run and take our chances with Super Dave. I don't see Plummer as a major upgrade over what we've already got, to be honest. And financially, we'd owe a lot of money to the QB position and we could really use those funds at other spots on this team.
I agree about his money. Maybe we could give him a decent deal with incentives if he starts a certain number of games. Would playing under Kubiak again with a legit shot at the starting job be enough incentive to take a reduced contract this season?

Old 01-25-2007   #10
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:

And what frustrates me is Sage hasn't even been givin a chance yet...I mean a real chance.
Old 01-25-2007   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179496 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And what frustrates me is Sage hasn't even been givin a chance yet...I mean a real chance.
Sage will not get a shot in Denver that's for sure . He's much better off here I guess .
Old 01-25-2007   #12
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Sage will not get a shot in Denver that's for sure . He's much better off here I guess .
Exactly...
Old 01-25-2007   #13
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Uh... that article failed to mention the Raiders.

Raiders are in the market for just about everything... and depending on how Jake "really" feels about Denver, I would say Oakland is just as much in the market for him as Miami, Houston, and Cleveland.

Not so sure how he would feel about getting plays from Coach Doogie Kiffin, A.A., though.
Old 01-25-2007   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:

To be clear, the bolded part is speculation by the author of the article, substantiated by nothing at all. Not that we don't believe it, but don't get your hopes all up that this is a quote out of Texans camp or something.
Old 01-25-2007   #15
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What do you mean, he had his chance playing special teams...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #16
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

What's hilarious to me is that you guys are grasping at every possible straw--no matter how insignificant--you can find to endorse Carr being out of here, and yet how quickly you seem to forget the way in which every single media voice in the country last year reported definitively on our drafting Reggie Bush for months as if it was a done deal, until virtually hours before the draft.

Is it possible we pick up Jake, given that he's probably only a small improvement over Carr, yet is older and would cost a lot of money to acquire? Sure. Is it likely? I just don't see it. We have too many other positions in worse need of upgrade, and I'm still not convinced the coaches are that dissatisfied with his improvement here.

Last edited by jerek; 01-25-2007 at 12:39 PM.
jerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #17
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
What's hilarious to me is that you guys are grasping at every possible straw--no matter how insignificant--you can find to endorse Carr being out of here
Carr's pathetic play over 5 years is the only endorsement most of us need.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #18
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek View Post
What's hilarious to me is that you guys are grasping at every possible straw--no matter how insignificant--you can find to endorse Carr being out of here, and yet how quickly you seem to forget the way in which every single media voice in the country last year reported on our drafting Reggie Bush for months as if it was a done deal, until virtually hours before the draft.

Is it possible we pick up Jake, given that he's probably only a small improvement over Carr, yet is older and would cost a lot of money to acquire? Sure. Is it likely? I just don't see it. We have too many other positions in worse need of upgrade, and I'm still not convinced the coaches are that dissatisfied with his improvement here.
Well I don't think they're satisfied. So if they aren't dissatisfied, but probably not delusional enough to be "satisfied", does that make them indifferent? Unless someone offers a decent deal for Carr I'm assuming he will be back, but I want some real competition. And if Sage gets hurt for whatever reason I don't want to be forced to stick with Carr all season just because he's the Default QB. Give Sage a realistic shot and draft a rookie. If Plummer will come here cheap for a year, do that. I don't care. I want Carr's back to be on the anvil with the hammer looming overhead, and if he can't handle it, someone else gets a shot. I don't care if it means a lack of continuity, because continuity with Carr under center equals continuous suck with a smidgen of mediocre.

If he can have an entire season like his first few games, I will gladly eat an entire flock of crow and enjoy every bite because the bottom line is that I want this team to win.

Old 01-25-2007   #19
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Well then, let's really

Carr goes to Oakland for there 2nd round pick.
Plummer comes to Houston for Sage.

That way, Oakland can use there 1st overall on the man they really want, a Badass WR.

You guys that hate Carr, get your wish, he will be gone...

And for those of us who think Pummer is not the answer, will see us drafting in the top 5 next year and grabbing a franchise QB...

Chad Henne from Michigan, Brian Brohm from Louisville, or Colt Brennan from Hawaii...

Then with our 1st pick this year, we take AD, then with Oakland's 2nd rounder and our 2nd rounder, we can address D or OL or both...

Would that make everyone happy?
Old 01-25-2007   #20
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Based on that article, Plummer is too expensive, IMO.
Which is why Denver will have to cut him. They are not going to pay him the money he is making to be a back up, period. And there is no reason to let him play now that Cutler has shown he can grow into the position.

So we do not need to trade him, Plummer knows Kubiaks number and what his career was under him, Jake will call when he is released.

I am starting to warm up to the idea of having a guy that can make this team into winners, not just close to .500. Not saying Jake can take us to the promised land but he will take us past where we have been.

Maybe signing Jake, trading Carr, keeping Sage, and drafting a 3 round or later QB is the way to go. Let Jake and Sage lead this team to a playoff type team and let the draftee learn and hold the clip board. In a few years Jake, will become the old guy back up and the young guy should be ready, if they picked the right one.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read