Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-24-2007   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN and Owens

Why the hell does ESPN feel america gives a rats ass about TO

I hate the fact that while waiting to see Rocket highlights I have to see "Owen watch 2007". The guy was below avg. this year hasn't done anything in about 2 1/2 years accept run his mouth. ESPN stop the soap oprah and stop airing the opinions of a overpaid, imature, selfish, overrated Ahole.

end rant.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN and Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post

I hate the fact that while waiting to see Rocket highlights I have to see "Owen watch 2007". The guy was below avg. this year hasn't done anything in about 2 1/2 years accept run his mouth. ESPN stop the soap oprah and stop airing the opinions of a overpaid, imature, selfish, overrated Ahole.

end rant.
Just so you know, he led the NFL in TD catches.

So it isnt like he sucks, even tho he also led the league in drops.

Controversy is what the media is all about. They will always talk about controversial characters.

Thats just the way it is.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

..."T.O. is who we think he is!!! But we still let him off the hook!!!!- ESPN
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

He make TD catches, but drops balls to extend drives. I believe he cost Parcells the NFC east title and a playoff home game.

He isn't worth the trouble and I think teams are starting to figure that out, so he needs to be a good little boy and shut up in Dallas.
Old 01-24-2007   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
..."T.O. is who we think he is!!! But we still let him off the hook!!!!- ESPN
"If you wanna crown him, then crown his....wait, we already did..."
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

What was the name of that player in the Beer comercials, with Joe Buck. I think it was a spoof on selfish players, but TO is worse than him and takes it a whole different level. I've never seen such selfishness. He thinks he is Gods gift to football.
Old 01-24-2007   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What was the name of that player in the Beer comercials, with Joe Buck. I think it was a spoof on selfish players, but TO is worse than him and takes it a whole different level. I've never seen such selfishness. He thinks he is Gods gift to football.

Leon
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2007   #8
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You mean Leon....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nShJm4mKIpY

"Leon ALWAYS stands on the left"...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Yeah Leon.......thats it...........thanks

T. Owens, is the true living Leon.

Its not my fault I keep droping these passes, My QB isn't putting the right spin on the ball.

Dallas is entering year 2 of TO, also known as, doomsday.

I found it ironic they lost the NFC east title to the team he dissed and the QB he ran backwards through a corn field and called gay.

TO should win Mike and Mike's just shut up award every week.
Old 01-25-2007   #10
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

That you started this thread is all the evidence you need as to why ESPN (and every other sports media outlet) continuously airs/prints stuff about Owens.

But "below average" is a bit of a stretch.

Terrell Owens - 85 catches, 1180 yards, 13 TDs - 1st in the league in drops
Andre Johnson - 103 catches, 1147 yards, 5 TDs - 3rd in the league in drops

I mean, if Owens is "below average", where does that put Andre?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #11
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 27093 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

end rant.
Believe it or not there are some Americans interested in what's going on with TO. News sells.

Like him or not, he is not below average unless "all" wide receivers are below his below average. Not many players can lead the team in scoring with broken fingers and ankles. Thank goodness based on some of the soap operas that I have seen lately, ESPN isn't on that level. Not sure what is meant by Oprah, but my guess she is tied in with the Soaps.

I try not to get too worked up about the sports personalities. I had read and heard so much about the bad relationships that TO had with the Eagles team, then here I sit in Texas Stadium after the Eagles game on Christmas Day, and guess where TO is? First he is over in the circle of 20 or more Eagles players on the field doing what I assume is prayer. Then the handshakes, and lengthy conversation with I believe it was Westbrook. Basically, they were among the last to leave the field, laughing, talking, and I'm like WTH. Personally, I refuse to sit around draining my emotions by being angry about someone preceived as being in conflict only to find out they are hanging out together. Go figure!

I am not saying anything to be an apologist for TO because some of the things that he does I strongly disagree.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #12
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
That you started this thread is all the evidence you need as to why ESPN (and every other sports media outlet) continuously airs/prints stuff about Owens.

In a piss-poor offense. Sad that in the offense we've been running Andre can have more receptions yet less yards and touchdowns. Our inability to pass has killed his chance to really progress as a player the past couple years.

That said, as a player, Owens is still one of the top WRs in the league when he isn't dropping the ball.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #13
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 111743 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

This from the Austin American-Statesman today.......

Keyshawn, Rice tell T.O. to zip it

-------------------------------------------------------

Keyshawn Johnson and former pass-catching great Jerry Rice are critical of Terrell Owens for saying it was time for Bill Parcells to hit the road.

"He's like a bucket of water that just keeps flowing. Someone needs to plug him up," said Johnson.

Rice said, "Seeing all the drops he had, I felt like I should have come out of reirement."

------------------------------------------------------

Ouch. While I realize I just gave more news on T.O., I thought it was fun to read this morning.
Old 01-25-2007   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post

Romo- 2nd best QB in NFL history
Carr- nothing needs to be said.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #15
amazingandre
All Pro

ya but T.O. had a metal plate in his hand...he shouldnt have been playing at all for a while... but his team needed him too. and they wouldnt have even made the playoffs if T.O. doesnt make all those td's so ya he is still pretty damn good on the field....now off the field....you can hate him all you want cuz he did pretty shady things back in the day.....
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #16
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
ya but T.O. had a metal plate in his hand...he shouldnt have been playing at all for a while... but his team needed him too. and they wouldnt have even made the playoffs if T.O. doesnt make all those td's so ya he is still pretty damn good on the field....now off the field....you can hate him all you want cuz he did pretty shady things back in the day.....
Gotta say I disagree with this. Jason Witten's numbers fell alot this year because they were going to TO in the redzone instead of their Stud TE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Gotta say I disagree with this. Jason Witten's numbers fell alot this year because they were going to TO in the redzone instead of their Stud TE.
Are you kidding?

Once Romo became the QB Witten became the #2 target.

When Bledsoe was QB Witten hardly saw the ball twice per game.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269 View Post
In a piss-poor offense. Sad that in the offense we've been running Andre can have more receptions yet less yards and touchdowns. Our inability to pass has killed his chance to really progress as a player the past couple years.

That said, as a player, Owens is still one of the top WRs in the league when he isn't dropping the ball.
Even when he is dropping balls, he is one of the top WRs in the league.

But I must say I agree with you about our passing game. With Jabar Gaffney flourishing(a little hyperbole) in New England, and Andre's contract end in sight, and Eric Moulds pretty much playing decoy all year, I hope something is seriously done in this off season to give us a chance to use some of this talent.

We should be blowing teams out, not getting blown out.
Old 01-25-2007   #19
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Are you kidding?

Once Romo became the QB Witten became the #2 target.

When Bledsoe was QB Witten hardly saw the ball twice per game.
Are you kidding

In 2005 Bledsoe was the starting. QB Witten got 66 catches for 757 yards and 6tds.

In 06 Romo started 10 games. Witten got 64 rec 754 yrds and 1 TD.
Almost identicle stats other than TD's. Which like I said means they didnt throw to Witten in the Redzone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007   #20
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Romo- 2nd best QB in NFL history
Carr- nothing needs to be said.
Romo-1 mishandled and bobbled FG snap to lose playoff game
Carr-0 mishandled and bobbled FG snaps

nothing needs to be said

Go Texans!
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read