Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-24-2007   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Adrian Peterson Tribute Video

I don't think there is any way we pass this guy up... IF he falls to us.

The run at 2:18 is great.

http://www.adrian-peterson.com/adria...o-tribute.html
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson Tribute Video

wow.

I really want us to A)Solidify our D-line and Secondary B)Fix our O-line once and for all...but

If he's there when we pick at #8 and we don't get any really really good offers to trade...I think they select him. I don't see us passing on him.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #3
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

The Browns are going to love him!
Old 01-24-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If they were smart they'd love him

They have just as many options to go towards as we do though.
Old 01-24-2007   #5
Dr. Toro
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Dr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballotDr. Toro is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Browns D was solid in 2006, they need a QB and a RB. They'll only pass on Peterson if Quinn or Russell are available. They won't take CJ... they've already got Edwards and Winslow (lots of touches and cap space).

Texans fans should be hoping that Detroit or Oakland passes on a QB; that's the only way Peterson lasts to #8.
Dr. Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #6
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Toro View Post
Browns D was solid in 2006, they need a QB and a RB. They'll only pass on Peterson if Quinn or Russell are available. They won't take CJ... they've already got Edwards and Winslow (lots of touches and cap space).

Texans fans should be hoping that Detroit or Oakland passes on a QB; that's the only way Peterson lasts to #8.
1. Russell
2. Joe Thomas
3. Brady Quinn

My fingers are crossed.

Last edited by Johnny Utah; 01-24-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #7
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

He'd definetly fill the void we were missing on offense last year. Too bad McFadden isn't eligible, we'd almost be gauranteed a workhorse rb.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2007   #8
real

That tribute video was pretty lame...
Old 01-24-2007   #9
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
That tribute video was pretty lame...
You aren't impressed with AP's highlights? Doesn't really matter. I seriously doubt he is there when we pick. Such a long time till draft day.
Old 01-24-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
You aren't impressed with AP's highlights?
Not if you like quarterbacks that are 6'5, 230....lazer rocket arm.....wait a minute this makes no sense.
Old 01-24-2007   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

That was awsome.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #12
real

Quote:
You aren't impressed with AP's highlights?
Maybe I just expected to see more...He had some impressive runs, but most of the highlight was mediocre....

I came away feeling very blah...
Old 01-24-2007   #13
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Maybe I just expected to see more...He had some impressive runs, but most of the highlight was mediocre....

I came away feeling very blah...

Hmm... I came away with not seeing any real weaknesses from the guy. If anyone sees anything... please let me know. The dude is a monster. I guess of course the injury thing is of concern. IMO.. we would be very lucky to get this guy. He is top 3 in this draft if you axe me.
Old 01-24-2007   #14
real

Quote:
Hmm... I came away with not seeing any real weaknesses from the guy. If anyone sees anything... please let me know. The dude is a monster. I guess of course the injury thing is of concern. IMO.. we would be very lucky to get this guy. He is top 3 in this draft if you axe me.
My comments were directed towards the highlight, not the actual player....
Old 01-24-2007   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

I saw a power runner who ran over a few guys which was a nice change to see than bush highlights.

I also saw some of his speed. no he's not the fastest guy but there were a few highlights where he broke away and nobody caught up.
Old 01-24-2007   #16
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I saw a power runner who ran over a few guys which was a nice change to see than bush highlights.

I also saw some of his speed. no he's not the fastest guy but there were a few highlights where he broke away and nobody caught up.
You know how many guys could put together a highlight just like that one?

I wanted to see something that seperated him from other backs...I didn't....It was very ordinary....
Old 01-24-2007   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know how many guys could put together a highlight just like that one?

I wanted to see something that seperated him from other backs...I didn't....It was very ordinary....
What are you even talking about? Not many players can put together highlight films like this. Are you speaking from experience? Sure maybe guaranteed 1st rounders have highlight reels like this, but try finding one like this for Lundy. Try finding one for backs not taken in the 1st. Then let me know

Last edited by gtexan02; 01-24-2007 at 04:39 PM.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #18
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
What are you even talking about?
Had my comments been directed towards you, you might have had a clue...

Quote:
Are you speaking from experience?
Yes

Quote:
Sure maybe guaranteed 1st rounders have highlight reels like this, but try finding one like this for Lundy. Try finding one for backs not taken in the 1st. Then let me know
That highlight was ordinary....He had some nice runs, but I can almost gaurantee every back selected in the draft; over the course of three years, can make a highlight film similar to that one....

The end.
Old 01-24-2007   #19
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its interesting to compare the highlight video of AP to the one for bush:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1xWc3aycg

Despite how pessimistic many of you once Bush supporters may have gotten towards Bush, i still feel like he is going to continue to improve in the same manner we have seen over the past year. I'm trying to look at this as if they were in the same draft. Who would I want? When comparing him to AP, here is what I've noticed:
-Bush has the best field vision of any RB I've ever seen. He seems to know where everyone is all the time
-Bush has got to be one of the fastest RBs I've ever seen
-Bush is a superior juker
-Bush has better balance/leaping ability
-AP runs hard, and downhill every time
-AP can bust through defenders rather than go around them
-AP is not at all afraid to run between the tackles
-AP looks to be much stronger
Old 01-24-2007   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Its interesting to compare the highlight video of AP to the one for bush:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp1xWc3aycg

Despite how pessimistic many of you once Bush supporters may have gotten towards Bush, i still feel like he is going to continue to improve in the same manner we have seen over the past year. I'm trying to look at this as if they were in the same draft. Who would I want? When comparing him to AP, here is what I've noticed:
-Bush has the best field vision of any RB I've ever seen. He seems to know where everyone is all the time
-Bush has got to be one of the fastest RBs I've ever seen
-Bush is a superior juker
-Bush has better balance
/leaping ability
-AP runs hard, and downhill every time
-AP can bust through defenders rather than go around them
-AP is not at all afraid to run between the tackles
-AP looks to be much stronger
In all seriousness, Sounds like Bush would be a great hockey or soccer player too..lol

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read