Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-24-2007   #1
amazingandre
All Pro

Default new idea

ok yesterday i said landry smith then hughes......i got mixxed reviews.......so i thought what would make us better than that even????
well say we get michael lewis in fa he could play safety.....
so in the first i say get paul posluszny and put him opposite of mario willaims but as a lb of course that way we have ryans and him stuffing the left side and we all know that do NOT run towards mario already imagine him healthy.....
then in the 2nd i said smith but i think hughes would be a safer pick plus we neeed a number 2 corner.....only thing that i got agaisnt him is he isnt mind blowing fast, but thats why we have d rob....
then in the 3rd we could go kolb, stanton, or dl or ol..........
i think we would improve sooo much with that on d......thoughts?
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: new idea

We need a true FS to play FS. isn't lewis more of a SS? If so I think we're fine with earl/brown at SS although lewis would be an upgrade...we need a bigger one at FS.

I'm not big on poz at all like most people are. if we select him at 8 i'll poke myself in the eye...he better turn out to be better than demeco if thats the case. i would rather take my chances on many other players than him in the 1st. He won't be the BPA when we select...plus LB isn't one of our biggest needs...even though we need upgrades. I'd rather us go DE,DT, FS, CB in the 1st than puz...oh and throw in OL, Peterson.

A lot of people are high on Kolb. I havn't seen him play so i'm not going to comment to much. I think we could probably find starters for us on ol or d in the 3rd..but definitly think we need to get a qb to groom. If Kubiak and Co. select a quarterback any round, I'll be okay with that (to an extent) After all they know a lot more than I /...We do. If they think he could be the real deal, I'm all for it.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read