Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-23-2007   #1
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 14294 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Say what you will about Bud, at least he still hates the 'Boys

Titans won't let Cowboys talk to Fisher
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16771082/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Take Jeff Fisher's name out of the speculation on who might replace Bill Parcells with the Dallas Cowboys.

The Tennessee Titans have Fisher under contract for 2007 after owner Bud Adams picked up an option on his coach, and the team is working on a long-term extension.

"We haven't been contacted by Dallas," chief executive officer Steve Underwood said in a statement Tuesday. "In the event that we were, there are no circumstances that we would grant permission to the Cowboys to speak with Coach Fisher."

Even if Adams might not mind letting Fisher leave, Dallas would be the last team he would let steal away one of his coaches. Adams still lives in Houston where his Oilers fought to attract attention away from the Cowboys in Texas before relocating to Tennessee in 1997.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Say what you will about Bud, at least he still hates the 'Boys

If they are trying to sign him to a long term extension and they want him to stay why would they let him talk to any team? That's just common sense. I don't imagine he'd let him talk to any team. Much adieu about nothing.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

So, Bud Adams hates the Cowboys....hmmmm...I just felt a *BUZZ* in my brain that allowed me to disliked Dallas a little less now. I'd hate to have more than one thing in common with Jabbud the Hut.

How could the Cowboys talk to Fisher when he's already a HC? I thought a coach had to move up, but not lateral, when under contract with another team.
Old 01-23-2007   #4
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe there is some type of draft compensation when you do that plus I guess there is the "get permission" type clause involved.

I would not be surprised if Jerry doesn't contact Mike Sherman for an interview.

Fisher would be my first choice if he were available.

Should also add that I bet Bill wasn't a real big Cowboy fan before he become coach. Strange how a few million dollars will change what one likes or dislikes.
Old 01-23-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm hoping Sherman gets the job. I'm not big on him being our OC, to be honest.
Old 01-23-2007   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I have not heard Jerry say this but a sports radio show that I stream said Jerry was only interested in coaches with NFL experience which would certainly include Coach Sherman and I guess bump off my guess of Coach Stoops.

Adding of course that was a sports reporter saying that and I did not hear Jerry say that so take that for what it's worth.

I kinda like Sherman. I thought he did a good job in GB.

My first choice would have been Fisher for sure and I never thought about it but Pete Carroll just popped into my head. Wasn't he a NFL guy at one time?
Old 01-23-2007   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Don't get me wrong, I like Sherman, just not as our OC. I'd prefer someone that would be more inclined to follow Coach Kubiak's offensive vision, and my concern is that Sherman is more of a leader than a follower. He has his own ideas with regards to how offenses should function, and being a former NFL head coach, it would seem that his experience and ego might hinder his ability to be a follower.
Old 01-23-2007   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

I don't know..I always thought he sort of let Favre play his game; in other words he let his players play to their strengths rather than trying to mold them into what he thought they should do. I always thought he was a good offensive coach but their weakness was defense. Maybe I'm wrong!

My guess is he'll have a new QB to guide the team so that should be interesting. And personally I definitely think somewhere down the line he'll be a head coach again so his tenure here may be short.
Old 01-23-2007   #9
gwallaia

Rep Power: 60869 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

January 23, 2007. Bud Adams is still a pathetic piece of human waste.
(I wish I could rep myself for that brilliant statement)

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
January 23, 2007. Bud Adams is still a pathetic piece of human waste.
(I wish I could rep myself for that brilliant statement)
Pos rep coming your way. although you insulted human waste!
Old 01-23-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Don't get me wrong, I like Sherman, just not as our OC. I'd prefer someone that would be more inclined to follow Coach Kubiak's offensive vision, and my concern is that Sherman is more of a leader than a follower. He has his own ideas with regards to how offenses should function, and being a former NFL head coach, it would seem that his experience and ego might hinder his ability to be a follower.
Can you say Kyle Shanahan in a year or two...?
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #12
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

Right now I'm going with the popular choice-- Wade Phillips. It just seems like he fits the bill perfectly: solid 3-4 defensive coordinator, has had success as a head coach, and could teach DeMarcus Ware a few tricks of the trade like he did Shawn Merriam. But my main concern is the age factor-- 59, only a few off from Bill Parcells.

I would love to bring in Jason Garrett as quarterbacks coach for Romo's benefit.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #13
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

Well, I woudl imagine the thrashing the Titans took this past season against the Cowboys added to that a bit.
Old 01-24-2007   #14
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

You may hate Bud but he makes good football decisions. He's good at what he does.
Old 01-24-2007   #15
gwallaia

Rep Power: 60869 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
You may hate Bud but he makes good football decisions. He's good at what he does.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #16
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks "Tack" fan!! I needed a good laugh tonight!! That little statement made me spit ice cream all over my pc!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #17
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

He probably won't last too much longer on this earth for you to realize just how out of whack your statement is.

He is scum. Trust an entire city's judgement.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read