Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-23-2007   #1
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Owens: Parcells’ retirement ‘was needed’

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16763968/

Terrell Owens says that Bill Parcells' retirement can only be a good thing for the Cowboys, according to a report in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Speaking to the newspaper from Miami, where he is recovering from finger surgery, Owens said his play, and that of the Cowboys, was disappointing in the past season. He said the results are partly attributed to Parcells.

“I am just hoping his retirement brings promise to what the team has to offer,” Owens said. “This past year was a big letdown. On paper we were as good as anybody we played against every week. The end result didn’t show that. Our play was not indicative of what we could have done. What we should have done. Hopefully, the owner will hire a coach to take the team to the next level.”

T.O. said that Parcells fostered an unhealthy locker room environment.

“Sometimes change is good,” Owens told the paper. “ I think it was needed.”

Owens said Parcells sometimes wouldn't talk to him for weeks, and did not offer and words of encouragement after his accidental overdose.

“Coming into this season and this situation, I wanted to be positive,” Owens told the Star-Telegram. “When I talked to him for the first time we left an impression on each other. I still think he is a great guy. But he is like my grandmother. You love the person, but they are stuck in their old-school ways. You can’t move them from their way of thought.”

What a great guy. I want him on my team.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #2
Bert
Rookie

Default Re: Owens: Parcells’ retirement ‘was needed’

Owens is just sucking in the reporters. The reporters have been "sucked" as Parcells said earlier in the year. TO is just teasing the press. I still would not want him on my team.
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs down Re: Owens: Parcells’ retirement ‘was needed’

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan View Post
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16763968/

Terrell Owens says that Bill Parcells' retirement can only be a good thing for the Cowboys, according to a report in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Speaking to the newspaper from Miami, where he is recovering from finger surgery, Owens said his play, and that of the Cowboys, was disappointing in the past season. He said the results are partly attributed to Parcells.

“I am just hoping his retirement brings promise to what the team has to offer,” Owens said. “This past year was a big letdown. On paper we were as good as anybody we played against every week. The end result didn’t show that. Our play was not indicative of what we could have done. What we should have done. Hopefully, the owner will hire a coach to take the team to the next level.”

“Sometimes change is good,” Owens told the paper. “ I think it was needed.”

Owens said Parcells sometimes wouldn't talk to him for weeks, and did not offer and words of encouragement after his accidental overdose.

“Coming into this season and this situation, I wanted to be positive,” Owens told the Star-Telegram. “When I talked to him for the first time we left an impression on each other. I still think he is a great guy. But he is like my grandmother. You love the person, but they are stuck in their old-school ways. You can’t move them from their way of thought.”

What a great guy. I want him on my team.
Shakes head & walks out of thread.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Are we sure he wasn't talking about himself?

V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

The real question is this:

Is T.O. a genius or is he just really this dumb?

Does he do this on purpose because he knows he will get the media going or is he really just this much of a jack*** who only cares about himself?
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

everyone in the U.S. should be allowed to kick, punch, or slap T.O. once.
Old 01-23-2007   #7
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

you know i want to say i am suprised but i am not.

The next coach has his hands really full. He to deal with the aftermath of Romo and having to build him back up. I still think the kid has all the tools and intangibles. He has to help out that Oline somehow wether that id drafting or FA. I think the defense wil lbe fine...i think what didn't help and... i am kinda suprised to say this myself but the loss of Greg Ellis hurt them. Not sure about their needs at free safety either...Lewis might want Dallas over Houston.

Then there's Owens. I thought before this year Dallas was the only place he'd go and be productive only because Bill Parcells despite what you might say about him is a guy that is repsected by player and coaches around the league and has a winning history. That's what Kept TO inline this year. I am not so sure the next coach will be so lucky....or he might opt for the Reid Treatment(which i LOVED) and if midseason he becomes a blantant distraction and locker room cancer. Sit him the rest of the year.

Add to all that the late start the Tuna gave them on head coach hunting Season......If Jerry incapacitated himself...JJ might go back Ala Gibbs.
Old 01-23-2007   #8
torontooilfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 torontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVPtorontooilfan was voted MVP

It disgusts me that there are idiots out there still willing to give that man millions.
Old 01-23-2007   #9
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Jimmy has already said he loves the life he has now and he will not be back.

I suspect Jerry will go after a coordinator on another team such as Rivera or I've even heard Singletary's name mentioned.

I don't think he'll look for a college guy unless it's Stoops who I've heard Jerry has liked for some years.

Jerry has deep pockets. I think he'll spend whatever it takes to get whoever he wants.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #10
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I can understand TO's opinion, and especially how it relates to his grandmother's way of doing things. The woman was harsh, and mean as **ll, but he still respected and loved her. However, candid comments aren't appreciated in these types of circumstances, therefore, it is best to stay mum, not for the sake of the truth, but to cover his own behind. This is especially true in TO's situation when he is already carrying a truckload of baggage.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Terrell Owens opens his big mouth and spouts a bunch of nonsense, part XXVI

Wake me up when we've got some new news...
Old 01-23-2007   #12
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer

I'm usually one to defend Terrell, but what he did is just cowardly.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #13
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

If TO isn't Raider material, then I don't know who is...

What a low class jerk...
Old 01-23-2007   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

TO is a jackass, his dropped passes is probably what cost the Cowboys their NFC East title and a home game in the playoffs.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #15
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
TO is a jackass, his dropped passes is probably what cost the Cowboys their NFC East title and a home game in the playoffs.
You see, the dropped passes were Parcells' fault. Had he held TOs hands some more, he might not have injured his fingers.

Parcells picked out the slippery ball for Romo.

Ongoing war in Iraq. Parcells fault.
Old 01-23-2007   #16
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

T.O. is bad for anyone's team.
Old 01-23-2007   #17
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
The real question is this:

Is T.O. a genius or is he just really this dumb?

Based on his history, I lean towards him being dumb.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe Capers is a candidate...but don't tell anyone yet.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #19
Toro
Veteran

Quote:
If this isn't the biggest crock of **** I've ever heard, I don't know what is.

Hey TO.......

Paint....

Kettle....

Black.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #20
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
If this isn't the biggest crock of **** I've ever heard, I don't know what is.
Not really. Remember before Antonio Bryant was traded, he and Parcells had a dispute. He had to be restrained by security and led away from Parcells after throwing some dirty laundry at him during minicamp.

I read that Bryant was a hothead, but nevertheless, all hasn't always been rosy in the locker room.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read