Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Carr to the Vikings for a 3rd???

Pull the trigger before they change thier mind. They must not have watched any film yet, otherwise, they would have to be :drunk: to make that trade.

I don't see it happening. Warren Moon got traded to Minnesota for a 3rd rounder.

Who knows. Everyone outside of Houston still assumes Carr has an upside. The Texans need to take advantage of that false assumption. Getting anything for Carr would be a bonus.

I wonder what it's like to spend one's days desperately combing the internet for David Carr trade rumors?

I feel as if giving up our only quarterback for a third round pick would be flushing our 2007 season down the toilet to be another "rebuilding season". Then when we draft that rookie qb next year, we have the next 3 years to develop. So I hope everyone is patient.

I feel as if giving up our only quarterback for a third round pick would be flushing our 2007 season down the toilet to be another "rebuilding season". Then when we draft that rookie qb next year, we have the next 3 years to develop. So I hope everyone is patient.

Sticking with Carr would be flushing the 2007 season down the toilet and would make it another "pre-rebuilding season".

I wonder what it's like to spend one's days desperately combing the internet for David Carr trade rumors?
they got sick of stoking those "Carr to Oakland for Moss, Carr to Cleveland," fires. if carr is moved, i couldnt imagine it would be for more than a 4th at the best.

get that deal done now!!!!!!!!!!! im amazed by people who say david carr wasnt given a shot here in houston that to me is a joke.. carr has been handed the startinhg job for 5 complete seasons, there has never been a situation in the league where a qb could be so bad for so long and still keep his job. if carr was on any other team in the league his time would have been up before now. carr has been given way too many chances here in houston and its really put this franchise in a bad spot. this past season we had a perferct opportunity with the first pick to bring in a qb, and what do we do give carr another shot. now a yr. later we are searching for a deal for carr, get this thing done and let this backup qb move on

I watched Garcia very little, but what I did see was a QB come into a winning season on a winning team and winning. Then in the playoffs they should have been bounced by the Boys and were by the Aint's, oops sorry, Saints, he had happier feet then Fred Twinkle Toes Flintstone, please look at what we have, Sage and Van Pelt, both can MANAGE a game and the system should do the rest. Draft some one to watch and learn before feeding them to the rest of the league. Give the running game a chance at stability, the same guys, same line, same play calling, consistency would be nice. If no-one else was watching Manning,McNair,Brady all played pretty bad through out the playoffs, it was the defense and the running games that came through. Manning threw 3 picks and won ! if Carr did that what would this board say. Look at Grossman, would you want HIM, he is going to the Super Bowl. No QB coming into Kubiaks system can make a huge difference because the QB has a specific job, "Do as I say, nothing more, nothing less". That is why we need a manager, not a game changer. When this system matures, everyone will be on the same page at the same time, and the team will be good.

get that deal done now!!!!!!!!!!! im amazed by people who say david carr wasnt given a shot here in houston that to me is a joke.. carr has been handed the startinhg job for 5 complete seasons, there has never been a situation in the league where a qb could be so bad for so long and still keep his job. if carr was on any other team in the league his time would have been up before now. carr has been given way too many chances here in houston and its really put this franchise in a bad spot. this past season we had a perferct opportunity with the first pick to bring in a qb, and what do we do give carr another shot. now a yr. later we are searching for a deal for carr, get this thing done and let this backup qb move on

Yep, it's all Carr's fault.:gun:

If the Vikings don't end up with free-agent quarterback Jeff Garcia of the Eagles, David Carr of the Houston Texans might be available for a third-round draft pick. Garcia would cost Minnesota nearly $4 million for one year.
1st, Garcia is an unrestricted free agent. No one knows how much he will cost next year, or what type of contract he's looking for.

2nd, if a team trades for David Carr and doesn't renegotiate his contract, he'll cost $5.25 million for '07.

But let's say Garcia could be had for $4 mil next year. On the one hand, the Vikes could sign Garcia without losing a draft pick. On the other, the Vikes could trade a 3rd round pick for Carr...and pay an extra $1.25 million. Who do you think they would choose?

Glad to see Houston isn't the only town with poor NFL reporters.

1st, Garcia is an unrestricted free agent. No one knows how much he will cost next year, or what type of contract he's looking for.

2nd, if a team trades for David Carr, and doesn't renegotiate his contract, he'll cost $5.25 million for '07.

But let's say Garcia could be had for $4 mil next year. On the one hand, the Vikes could sign Garcia without losing a draft pick. On the other, the Vikes could trade a 3rd round pick for Carr...and pay an extra $1.25 million. Who do you think they would choose?

Glad to see Houston isn't the only town with poor NFL reporters.

There is a considerable difference in paying $4M for a 37 year old QB versus $5.25M for a 28 year old former first round pick with percieved upside, especially for a team coming off the failed Brad Johnson experiment.

Maybe I am taking this as plausible because I want it to happen but a lot stranger things have happened. I think it is especially important to remember that David Carr isn't viewed as an imminent failure by everyone.

I feel the need to repeat myself. Carr is going nowhere. We had these hopes last offseason. I doubt very seriously we even bring in another qb this offseason.

I feel the need to repeat myself. Carr is going nowhere. We had these hopes last offseason. I doubt very seriously we even bring in another qb this offseason.

I know you claim to have some inside info but if the Texans get a 3rd rounder for Carr and could get Plummer for ~$4M I find it hard to believe, regardless of their current position on the issue, that David Carr will be donning Steel Blue in 2007.

It is never a good idea to speak in absolutes.

:crazy:

I know you claim to have some inside info but if the Texans get a 3rd rounder for Carr and could get Plummer for ~$4M I find it hard to believe, regardless of their current position on the issue, that David Carr will be donning Steel Blue in 2007.

It is never a good idea to speak in absolutes.

Alls I knows is what i hear, and what i hears is that Bobby Mcnair ain't letting carr leave, regardless of anything else on the table. Im not speaking in absolutes, just saying as of right now there is nothing serious in the pipes, and if there was I would have been made aware of it. Believe me, nobody hates Carr more than I.

The $$ doesn't add up, but the age thing might be the deal maker.

? would you take Onterrio Smith (the Wizzinator ) instead of a 3rd rounder?
Not saying the Vikes want to ship him or anything.

Sticking with Carr would be flushing the 2007 season down the toilet and would make it another "pre-rebuilding season".

I disagree with that completely. If he is that bad, then we shouldn't have a problem grabbing 1 of the 3 premier QB's coming out in the 2008 draft. They are much better than anyone we could get now... Then we would be on our way to a bright future...

They arent going to trade Carr, just let it go. They will keep him and let him compete next year, if he starts then he is the better one. If he chokes then put in Sage

Alls I knows is what i hear, and what i hears is that Bobby Mcnair ain't letting carr leave, regardless of anything else on the table. Im not speaking in absolutes, just saying as of right now there is nothing serious in the pipes, and if there was I would have been made aware of it. Believe me, nobody hates Carr more than I.

not even me????

Don't be shocked at any move the Vikings make. They are my second favorite team but they have made so many blunders before with draft picks

Not only were they late to make there pick and ended up picking a few spots later.

They traded a Super Bowls worth of picks to Dallas for Hershel Walker.

If they give up a third for David, it would be a good deal for them. A former first round pick who has his problems, but is still young and dare I say has potential. He was brought along poorly and that has hurt him. The Vikes line is massive and they had a few problems last year and could use some better receivers, but it would be a good place for David to go and succeed.

That being said, the Texans should only take it if they have a better option at QB. Right now we don't.

Actually I think the Texans need to keep Carr and award him additional pay for being in a combat zone. He has to put up with the other teams defensive front 4 and the Texans Fans. He's constantly being abused by both, so I think he is more than entitled to that additional pay.

Quite frankly, if the Texans don't improve their O-line they should not think about getting rid of Carr. Sage made a tackle and was out for the season. Could he take all of the hits Carr has taken? Some of you think he wouldm't get hit as much and you might be right. But just think if you are wrong, how long would he last? You can say a lot of things about Carr, but he has been a very tough guy on the field. Not many QB's could have taken the licking he has taken and kept on ticking.

We all have different perspectives on Carr and that's the name of the game. In all honesty I said last year I thought it was a mistake for him to stay with the Texans and I guess I continue to be in that camp. Carr needs to play behind a good pass protecting O-line to maximise his abilities and I just don't think that will happen in Houston. The emphasis will be on minimizing the protection of the QB while maximizing the blocking for the running game. That has been true from the beginning and that's why I have always question why the Texans chose Carr.

The trade could actually work out very well for the Vikings, especially if they used their 1st round pick on a WR or even trade for one, maybe take Porter off Oakland's hands. Minny has a good O-Line with a monstrous left side that could actually give Carr protection! And with a bigger WR to take some pressure off of Williamson their offense could actually do something.

Actually I think the Texans need to keep Carr and award him additional pay for being in a combat zone. He has to put up with the other teams defensive front 4 and the Texans Fans. He's constantly being abused by both, so I think he is more than entitled to that additional pay.

Quite frankly, if the Texans don't improve their O-line they should not think about getting rid of Carr. Sage made a tackle and was out for the season. Could he take all of the hits Carr has taken? Some of you think he wouldm't get hit as much and you might be right. But just think if you are wrong, how long would he last? You can say a lot of things about Carr, but he has been a very tough guy on the field. Not many QB's could have taken the licking he has taken and kept on ticking.

We all have different perspectives on Carr and that's the name of the game. In all honesty I said last year I thought it was a mistake for him to stay with the Texans and I guess I continue to be in that camp. Carr needs to play behind a good pass protecting O-line to maximise his abilities and I just don't think that will happen in Houston. The emphasis will be on minimizing the protection of the QB while maximizing the blocking for the running game. That has been true from the beginning and that's why I have always question why the Texans chose Carr.

I've been a HUGE Carr supporter until about week 15 or so and then I finally jumped ship. So here is my new realized opinions on your opinions:

#1) Carr has HORRIBLE pocket awareness. No way anyone but him racks up all those hits

#2) Its not hard to take hits when you fall to the ground in the fetal position 1-2 seconds before the defense gets to you

#3) Its not hard to take hits when you run out of bounds behind your own line of scrimmage

Look at the Colts-Patriots game. Peyton took HARD hit after HARD hit, and kept on chucking. I didn't see him ONE time give up without throwing it downfield or making every effort to back pedal away. In at least 4-5 of those crucial moments when Peyton stepped into the defender and threw it only to have a guy destroy him 1/2 a second later, Carr would have been in a ball on the field clutching his knees.

Carr's not tough. I used to think he was, but he's just defensive. He doesn't want to get hurt, and so doesn't get hurt.

yeah, nobody loves tenn-tenn more than you too. there is obviously nothing serious in the pipes, the season hasnt even ended yet. get over it, you are going to hear this same stuff until next season starts.

i still dont believe if he is dealt that it is for more than a 4th at the most. harrington went for a 5th and carr did absolutely nothing to improve his stock this year.

Vikings should make the trade and then draft Dwayne Jarret, a big target for DC....Williamson can be Carr's Bradford/Mathis....and they have a good solid RB already...

I seriously doubt Garcia would come to Houston or Minn., because he's stated that he does not want to play on a losing team. He specifically chose to be a backup on a good team rather than a starter on a bad team. Even with the lowered salary, he wants to play for a winner (and that ain't us!).

I want our starting QB to earn his spot, not given to him because he's "entitled" to something. He makes $8 million+/year, so being questioned by the media / fans should be water off a duck's back. If he can't handle that pressure, what makes someone think he can handle real pressure (like a winning drive in the two minute warning against a great defense).

Carr for a third round pick? In a heartbeat.

I've been a HUGE Carr supporter until about week 15 or so and then I finally jumped ship. So here is my new realized opinions on your opinions:

#1) Carr has HORRIBLE pocket awareness. No way anyone but him racks up all those hits

#2) Its not hard to take hits when you fall to the ground in the fetal position 1-2 seconds before the defense gets to you

#3) Its not hard to take hits when you run out of bounds behind your own line of scrimmage

Look at the Colts-Patriots game. Peyton took HARD hit after HARD hit, and kept on chucking. I didn't see him ONE time give up without throwing it downfield or making every effort to back pedal away. In at least 4-5 of those crucial moments when Peyton stepped into the defender and threw it only to have a guy destroy him 1/2 a second later, Carr would have been in a ball on the field clutching his knees.

Carr's not tough. I used to think he was, but he's just defensive. He doesn't want to get hurt, and so doesn't get hurt.

are you kidding me?????i remember when it was 3rd and 10 and carr scrambled towards the 1st but was met by a defender...instead of running out he ran back inside and TRUCKED OVER HIM......o ya he lays down in the fetal position.....right.......he did sometimes becasue he noticed someone coming full speed at him and didnt want to die.......do you even watch the texans????????

all this anti-david stuff is ridiculous...some of ya'll act as if this is all david carr's fault that the team has never had a winning season...wrong...IMO david gets a free pass the first four years in the league due to a stupid GM and head coach that was so offensively inept that once they drafted guys they never used them right or coached them right...the kid (carr) didn't even have a QB coach till kubiak came over...and if anyone says he had palmer to coach him up your stupid...palmer was no more offensively capable than capers...the coaches paniced when they had a decent offense and screwed everything up...and i haven't even began mentioning the lack of conistant recievers, a quality tight end, and let's not forget that the o-line the first four years was so bad that we had draft day commericals with carr and no line with the famous quote "what does your team need"

i'm not saying carr is the answer here in houston...personally i think a change is what's needed for him and the texans but to blame it all on him is stupid

as for this trade rumor keep in mind that it's from a silly newspaper...it hasn't been posted on any nfl websites or heck even espn yet...until i see anything about the texans shopping carr around to other teams on espn.com i won't believe it...carr in all likelihood is going to be a texan next year but will have to win the starting job out right in training camp with sage and maybe jake plummer or maybe kevin kolb who i noticed was talking to a texan scout after the south's practice today...just an fyi for ya'll

Don't forget he also throws past the line of scrimmage....twice...in one game. lol.

All i know is as long as Carr is a Texan...he has a long way to go to becoming comfortable and doing what he needs to as a QB. Kubiak is having to reteach Carr everything about fundamental football in the NFL. i have supported Carr for a long time and still like him, but realize his days are probably numbered here. i am indifferent whether to keep him or get rid of him. whatever is best for us.

I do think if he stayed here and improved next season maybe even to the point of being pretty good, people would still be clamoring to get rid of him. As long as we start winning a lot more games, thats mostly what matters. Say we turn into the bears...outstanding defense, questionable QB. i think carr really needs to shut up his critics with his play...or else he will never be wanted in houston.

I have actually heard this trade senerio from a couple of different sources as it is a very serious trade proposel.

A couple of things though:

1. David Carr would have to restructure his contract here in Houston before being shipped to Minnesota, which would mean taking off about $2 million of his current deal, something David wouldn't be too thrilled to do.

2. The Vikings just spent a 2nd round draft pick last year on Travis Jackson who hasn't exactly shown his capabilities yet, and if the Vikings make this trade they could have wasted a second round draft pick.

The Texans are better off just cutting Carr.

David Carr would have to restructure his contract here in Houston before being shipped to Minnesota.

The acquiring team is the one that has to re-do the deal. You don't convert base to bonus (restructure and lengthen) if you're shipping a guy out.

Dave has about 12 mill in base remaining. That could easily be converted to an affordable 3 year deal with a modest signing bonus. Whether any team is willing to do that plus part with a draft choice is the multi-million dollar question.

If the Vikes or any other team is stupid enough to part with a 3rd, I would be all over it..... I would argue the market is no more than a 5th given Harrington.

The Blessing Cut Off ..... many a time have I sped through your wonderful town on the way to Corpus and beyond......

Back