Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 01-23-2007   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Texas sues A&M retailer

Quote:
COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- The University of Texas is countering a jab from an Aggie business owner by taking him to court over his “saw em off” variation of the familiar Longhorn logo.

The UT System Board of Regents claims in its lawsuit that Fadi Kalaouze’s merchandise adorned with an inverted Longhorn logo with its horns detached is a trademark infringement.

The lawsuit argues that Kalaouze, a 1991 Texas A&M University graduate and the owner of two College Station stores, is illegally using a design that tarnishes and mutilates the trademarked Longhorn logo.
http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori...o.f9932c9.html
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texas sues A&M retailer

OK, don't be given people ways to make fun of the Texans logo now.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea, I can understand why they are upset. I would be upset if I had to go to t.u., too.
Old 01-23-2007   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

This is nothing new. UT's been suing people for years for ripping off their trademarks.

Not any different than A&M suing the Seahawks over the "12th Man."

That "Saw 'em Off" crap doesn't bother most Longhorns anyway.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #5
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Yea, I can understand why they are upset. I would be upset if I had to go to t.u., too.

Yep it is SO much better to go to s&m.

1. You must like being the butt of many jokes.
2. You enjoy your school operating on significantly less money.
3. You would rather live in College "Bomb Shelter" Station than Austin, Chris Fowler's favorite college town?
4. Your school has one great 11 year stretch against Texas (late 80's-early 90's). Subtract those years from the win-loss totals and you couldn't even consider it a real rivalry, well unless you consider Tennessee and Vanderbilt rivals.
5. You act like you win a National Championship when you finally beat alleged rival seven years after your last victory (those rare wins must be something special).
6. You enjoy standing all game long instead of relaxing and sipping (hehe) your drink.
7. You must like waiting for your football championships...as we are one year from Texas' last one, and something like 70 years since s&m's last.
Old 01-23-2007   #6
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Much ado...
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gotta have something for guys like ^^^. Throw out the case. I'll get an upside down pitchfork or something.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2007   #8
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why? You would get a job befor an A&M guy does!!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #9
Ckw

1. You must like being the butt of many jokes. Actually, yes the jokes can be quite humorous. It's much better being an Aggie and not having Bevo's horns stuck up my a**.
2. You enjoy your school operating on significantly less money. Please provide a source for your info. Also, if this is one of your qualifications for a great university, then I guess many schools would fall under the weight and dollar of the mighty T.U.
3. You would rather live in College "Bomb Shelter" Station than Austin, Chris Fowler's favorite college town? No, I prefer spending my time around good ole hick boys named Hank and Jed. Much better than your gay, Austin buddy named Lance.
4. Your school has one great 11 year stretch against Texas (late 80's-early 90's). Subtract those years from the win-loss totals and you couldn't even consider it a real rivalry, well unless you consider Tennessee and Vanderbilt rivals. I think you're really just upset about the lack of production from your basketball team.
5. You act like you win a National Championship when you finally beat alleged rival seven years after your last victory (those rare wins must be something special). Yep! 12-7 sure was nice. By the way, how's your boy Colt doin?
6. You enjoy standing all game long instead of relaxing and sipping (hehe) your drink. It's called passion my friend, and it has Kyle Field rated, year in and year out, as one of the toughest places to play a college football game. When's the last time Darrell K. Royal was on that list?
7. You must like waiting for your football championships...as we are one year from Texas' last one, and something like 70 years since s&m's last. 1 year, 70 years... It's all the past man. Enjoy it. Revel in it. You got the character guy and the leader in Vince Young. We got the whiney brat with all the talent in Reggie McNeal. But let's not forget how my boys Michael Goodson and Jorvorskie Lane ran all over your number one ranked rushing defense. Gig 'Em Ags!
Old 01-23-2007   #10
Ckw

Well it's 7:45 on Friday morning,
He just crawled outta bed.
He stayed too long at the Chicken again
And he's got an achin' head.
He's got an 8-o'clock at Heldenfels
His prof speaks Japanese.
Went broke on beer and Mr. Bills
Now he lives on bread and cheese.

He's a fightin' Texas Aggie and he just don't give a damn
That he's got 3 parking tickets
And he's on sco-pro again
But the bonfire's built
And Varsity's horns have been sawed right off his head,
He's a fightin' Texas Aggie
And he will be 'til he's dead.

Well it's Wednesday morning at Gollie Rollie
His sports pass in his hand
He's been waitin' three days in the blazin' sun
Just to be with his twelfth man
But after fumbles and interceptions
He takes his girlfriend's hand
But the game don't mean a thing to her
She's just there to see the band

That he's got 6 parking tickets
But the bonfire's built

Well he goes down to the Dixie Chicken
He's dunking his ring tonight
He's there at 6:30,
He thought it'd be early
But there ain't a table in sight
So he buys his pitcher anyway
And he drops his ring on in
Singing, "the road goes on forever
And the party never ends"!

That he's got 9 parking tickets
But the bonfire's built

Well it's one-o'clock
And "Goodnight Irene" is blarin' through the place
He parked about 50 blocks away
So he ain't got time to waste
When he finally makes it to his car
He stands up on his feet
He says, "Boy's lets head to Taco Cabana,
I think I need somethin' to eat."

That he's got 12 parking tickets
But the bonfire's built

Well he picks up a "Battalion"
Just to see what's going on
But all he finds to read about
Is what we're doin' wrong
"This school's too damn conservative!"
I guess they want us to be
Like all the hippies down in Austin
Wearin' orange and sippin' tea.

That he's got 12 parking tickets
But the bonfire's built
And he will be...'til he's dead.
Ah-hah!
Old 01-23-2007   #11
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

get over yourself burnt orange. i am sure you could go to austin or some longhorn fan's place and find the same type stuff.

Last edited by dirty steve; 01-23-2007 at 05:08 PM.
dirty steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #12
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
1. You must like being the butt of many jokes. Actually, yes the jokes can be quite humorous. It's much better being an Aggie and not having Bevo's horns stuck up my a**.
2. You enjoy your school operating on significantly less money. Please provide a source for your info. Also, if this is one of your qualifications for a great university, then I guess many schools would fall under the weight and dollar of the mighty T.U.
3. You would rather live in College "Bomb Shelter" Station than Austin, Chris Fowler's favorite college town? No, I prefer spending my time around good ole hick boys named Hank and Jed. Much better than your gay, Austin buddy named Lance.
4. Your school has one great 11 year stretch against Texas (late 80's-early 90's). Subtract those years from the win-loss totals and you couldn't even consider it a real rivalry, well unless you consider Tennessee and Vanderbilt rivals. I think you're really just upset about the lack of production from your basketball team.
5. You act like you win a National Championship when you finally beat alleged rival seven years after your last victory (those rare wins must be something special). Yep! 12-7 sure was nice. By the way, how's your boy Colt doin?
6. You enjoy standing all game long instead of relaxing and sipping (hehe) your drink. It's called passion my friend, and it has Kyle Field rated, year in and year out, as one of the toughest places to play a college football game. When's the last time Darrell K. Royal was on that list?
7. You must like waiting for your football championships...as we are one year from Texas' last one, and something like 70 years since s&m's last. 1 year, 70 years... It's all the past man. Enjoy it. Revel in it. You got the character guy and the leader in Vince Young. We got the whiney brat with all the talent in Reggie McNeal. But let's not forget how my boys Michael Goodson and Jorvorskie Lane ran all over your number one ranked rushing defense. Gig 'Em Ags!
Well in that case...

Since our NC win is "all in the past man" then that means your win this year was "in the past" and you should stop talking about that since we cant brag about bein the champs last year.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #13
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Agreed, they are just schools. Schools are for improving your education/and research, not football. Why have $$$$$$$$$ Football factories to develop talent for our Texans to draft (but they never do). Why don't we have football academies instead, like the baseball academies in Latin America?

Schools spend an insane amount of money just to play 6 games a year on their field. Turn some of that hate and $$$$$$$$ to solving the crisis in Iraq or curing cancer/aids.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #14
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
1. I don't get that...was kind of lame actually. But hey that's what an A&M education gets you.

2. I am not sure about this one. But i know UT is regularly ranked higher in best colleges to attend lists and best value colleges in the US

3. I'm not sure you see the complete Irony in that statement. See #1

4. Umm hate to burst your bubble.....but they've been to a Final four in 2002 i believe and Have players Drafted to the NBA on a yearly basis. Though i admit A&M basketball has grown in leaps and bounds over the past two years.

5. Once again A&M's AIM is to beat UT. UT is to WIN a NATIONAL TITLE. You act like 12-7 was some sort of...complete one sided victory....if wanted to see one of those i'd recall that 77-0 game A&M put up against OU....that's something to brag about. As for Colt he did fine in putting up impressive numbers in UT's Bowl VICTORY. When's the last time A&M won one of those? The last two have been ugly blowouts. Btw did i mention with that victory UT is the only team in the last 6 years to reach 10 victories? The last time A&M had one was...?

6. Must be a real tough place to play in as even the home team finds it hard...ags lost some close ones at home this year.

7. It's called recruiting my friend and who is regularly in 3 recruiting classes year in and out? I've give you a clue out of A&M and UT...it's not A&M. Out of Goodson and Lane having a good game agaisnt my rivalry opponent or a championship. I think I'll take the title. But then again...did you hear about the Aggie that was so excited about winning a gold medal he got it bronzed?

8. One that that always has had me curious....for such a homophobic school....why do y'all have men cheerleaders?
Old 01-23-2007   #15
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
get over yourself burnt orange. i am sure you could go to austin or some longhorn fan's place and find the same type stuff.
yep the same way A&M sued the seahawks over the 12th man.
Old 01-23-2007   #16
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
yep the same way A&M sued the seahawks over the 12th man.
i thought it was lame for A&M to do that too. you obviously didnt see my post before i edited it about TAMU and UT being full of themselves.
Old 01-23-2007   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
i thought it was lame for A&M to do that too. you obviously didnt see my post before i edited it about TAMU and UT being full of themselves.
Hear, hear. It's embarassing.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #18
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Ridiculous cases like this is another reason the reputation of lawyers gets lower and lower each day.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #19
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Why? You would get a job befor an A&M guy does!!
Haha, companies will be competing to get me, bro. I will know who and where I will work by the time I am a Senior. I will message you back when I have PSL's in the Club section in a few years. Oh yea, and the Head Coach of this team is an Aggie. I guess it's a t.u. thing to be forgetful like that.

This thread is laughable. teasips are as predictable as they are.... well... we won't be getting into that. This is a family board and such things should not be discussed.
Old 01-23-2007   #20
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope the idiotic posters from hornfans and texags do not start contributing to this thread. The moderators will become very busy.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read