Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-23-2007   #1
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Default Just for fun, Your All Texan Team

Bored, just doing this for fun but here is my team:

QB: David Carr 2004
RB: Domanick Davis 2004
PWB: Ron Dayne 2006
FB: Vonta Leach 2006
TE: Billy Miller 2002
WR1: Andre Johnson 2006
WR2: Eric Moulds 2006
Slot: Jabar Gaffeney 2004
4th: Jerome Mathis 2005
LT: Tony Boselli (his jaguar days lol)
LG: Chester Pitts 2006
C: Steve McKinney 2004
RG: Fred Weary 2006
RT: Charles Spencer 2006

LE: Gary Walker 2002
NT: Seth Payne 2003
RE: Mario Williams 2006
LOLB: Kailie Wong 2004
MLB: Demeco Ryans 2006
MLB: Jamie Sharper 2003
ROLB: Morlon Greenwood 2005
CB: Aaron Glenn 2002
CB: Dunta Robinson 2004
FS: Marcus Coleman 2003
SS: Glenn Earl 2005

Kicker: Kris Brown 2004
Punter: Chad Stanley 2005
Returner: Jerome Mathis 2005

Not bad of a team... maybe a playoff team...we still haven't had that "super bowl" talent yet. I would say Demeco Ryans, Andre Johnson, Eric Moulds are those players who can be star players to ride to a superbowl... we need more. We also need to have role players. And we need an o line, our o line is still horrible even picking the best out of the past 5 years.
Old 01-23-2007   #2
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just for fun, Your All Texan Team

Shoot, I am torn between Dom Capers (2004) and Kubiak (2006)

Dom had this team going and it looked like there was real promise for the future that season, and Gary did the same thing this season......
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #3
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post

Not bad of a team... maybe a playoff team...we still haven't had that "super bowl" talent yet. I would say Demeco Ryans, Andre Johnson, Eric Moulds are those players who can be star players to ride to a superbowl... we need more. We also need to have role players. And we need an o line, our o line is still horrible even picking the best out of the past 5 years.
Just out of curiosity, why does your team have 2 MLBs?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Just out of curiosity, why does your team have 2 MLBs?
Probably cuz both MLB's are better than any OLB we have ever had.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #5
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

QB: David Carr 2004 RB: Domanick Davis 2004

Last edited by Mr teX; 01-23-2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: change
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #6
real

He listed his defense as if he was running a 3-4...
Old 01-23-2007   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd leave most of it the same, however i'd put posey (2002) in greenwood's place and mccree instead of coleman (making coleman the nickel cb). i'd personally also put derrick armstrong in gaffney's place, but i'm biased.
Old 01-23-2007   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

with my team, i'd switch, meco to one of the OLB's (which 1 is his natural spot ROLB or LOLB?) & leave sharper in the middle.
Old 01-23-2007   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
with my team, i'd switch, meco to one of the OLB's (which 1 is his natural spot ROLB or LOLB?) & leave sharper in the middle.
Why?

What's the point?

They both played MLB so just list them as MLBs.
Old 01-23-2007   #10
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 59 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Why?

What's the point?

I think Ryans played OLB in college. He'd probably rack up more tackles on the outside.
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedinkle View Post
I think Ryans played OLB in college. He'd probably rack up more tackles on the outside.
He did play OLB at Bama.

I seriously doubt he would rack up more tackles on the outside than right in the middle of the defense.

The league leaders in tackles are almost always MLBs.
Old 01-23-2007   #12
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why?

What's the point?

That was before i read he listed his defense as as a 3-4, my bad.
Old 01-23-2007   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
He did play OLB at Bama.

I seriously doubt he would rack up more tackles on the outside than right in the middle of the defense.

The league leaders in tackles are almost always MLBs.
True, but if he was as good as he was at MLB, technically out of position, do you think he could be better at his natural spot?
Old 01-23-2007   #14
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 72000 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True, but if he was as good as he was at MLB, technically out of position, do you think he could be better at his natural spot?
He would be asked to drop into coverage more often and get fewer chances to make plays on the ball. I LOVE Meco at MLB
Old 01-23-2007   #15
real

Quote:
He said he feels more natural at Mike....

He started his "line-backing" career in the middle...
Old 01-23-2007   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Really, i wouldn't care where he played on my squad, long as he's on the field.
Old 01-23-2007   #17
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Shoot, I am torn between Dom Capers (2004) and Kubiak (2006)

Dom had this team going and it looked like there was real promise for the future that season, and Gary did the same thing this season......
Have Dom coach the D and Kubes coach the O
Old 01-23-2007   #18
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:

I like it, but I have three questions:

1. Can Chester Pitts be both our LT and our LG (since he has had a better Texan career at LT than anyone else)

2. How can Spencer be RT when he has never played it for us.

3. I would put Armstrong or Braford as our 4th WR over Mathis (he has only really one catch that mattered in his Texan career where the other two played several seasons for us).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #19
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
I like it, but I have three questions:

1. Can Chester Pitts be both our LT and our LG (since he has had a better Texan career at LT than anyone else)

2. How can Spencer be RT when he has never played it for us.

3. I would put Armstrong or Braford as our 4th WR over Mathis (he has only really one catch that mattered in his Texan career where the other two played several seasons for us).
BRAFORD!!!! Are you kidding me
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #20
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by texans83 View Post
BRAFORD!!!! Are you kidding me
Trust me, I hated Braford as much as anyone. But I was responding to Mathis being listed as our 4th receiver. Mathis has had one long catch through his basically one year career as a Texan. Braford at least has caught several long TD passes for the Texans. Note: I didn't put him as 1st, 2nd or 3rd receiver, it was at number 4 plus I did include Armstrong as well. Really you could put Walters on there ahead of Mathis.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read