Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-22-2007   #1
TEXANFAN23435
Veteran

Default Trade Thought...

An idea to ponder:

Lovie Smith is pretty commited to Grossman as the Bears QB. Thomas Jones, what can you say, other than Benson is going to be on the bench as long as this guy stays healthy.

I'd say, Griese might enjoy getting an opportunity to start again. Benson will eventually begin to disagree with his position as backup.

Carr has given his all to the franchise and could really benefit from a change, even if the initial stop is not his last. Give him a couple of years to regroup. Davis, although I'm not sure if we can trade him (is he still officially on the roster?), he could be a servicable backup RB for another franchise. I think he lost the respect of his teammates with his injured for the season stance. Lundy, could be a very servicable 3rd down back and be insurance to push this deal.

Bears Get:
QB Carr
RB Davis
RB Lundy

Texans Get:
QB Griese
RB Benson

This trade could work for both franchises. The trade would involve 2 - 1st round picks who didn't quite live up to the hype. We pad the trade by sending 2 RB's who could provide "quite" backups to Jones and might enjoy the winning tradition Smith is establishing. Bears include Griese, who might jump at the chance to start again, even if it is the Texans. Kubiak gets a very decent veteran QB who is familiar with the offense and has had some success running it.

If this was to happen, I'd be very curious to see if Kubes system could get Benson on track. Not to mention the healthy competition this move could create this fall between Dayne and Benson. Griese could provide a stop gap for year or 2 as a new QB is being groomed the right way.

This trade is not just in our favor. Carr could provide very good competition for Grossman and with that OL who knows. Davis, if healthy and Lundy could be very good backups who wouldn't rock the boat and could also benefit from that OL.
TEXANFAN23435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007   #2
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88
Default Re: Trade Thought...

The Bears would probably be more interested in moving Jones rather than Benson based on how much they have invested in him and he's younger. Itd be more realistic if it was Carr for Thomas Jones with us maybe getting a 3rd or 4th included.
Old 01-23-2007   #3
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANFAN23435 View Post
An idea to ponder:

Lovie Smith is pretty commited to Grossman as the Bears QB. Thomas Jones, what can you say, other than Benson is going to be on the bench as long as this guy stays healthy.

I'd say, Griese might enjoy getting an opportunity to start again. Benson will eventually begin to disagree with his position as backup.

Carr has given his all to the franchise and could really benefit from a change, even if the initial stop is not his last. Give him a couple of years to regroup. Davis, although I'm not sure if we can trade him (is he still officially on the roster?), he could be a servicable backup RB for another franchise. I think he lost the respect of his teammates with his injured for the season stance. Lundy, could be a very servicable 3rd down back and be insurance to push this deal.

Bears Get:
QB Carr
RB Davis
RB Lundy

Texans Get:
QB Griese
RB Benson

This trade could work for both franchises. The trade would involve 2 - 1st round picks who didn't quite live up to the hype. We pad the trade by sending 2 RB's who could provide "quite" backups to Jones and might enjoy the winning tradition Smith is establishing. Bears include Griese, who might jump at the chance to start again, even if it is the Texans. Kubiak gets a very decent veteran QB who is familiar with the offense and has had some success running it.

If this was to happen, I'd be very curious to see if Kubes system could get Benson on track. Not to mention the healthy competition this move could create this fall between Dayne and Benson. Griese could provide a stop gap for year or 2 as a new QB is being groomed the right way.

This trade is not just in our favor. Carr could provide very good competition for Grossman and with that OL who knows. Davis, if healthy and Lundy could be very good backups who wouldn't rock the boat and could also benefit from that OL.
theres nothing in it for the Bears if they make this trade so why would they do it.

The Bears just went to the superbowl with Rex at QB and they have a proven Vet backup.

They are also very deep at RB with Benson, who played much better towards the end of the season, why would they trade him for a injured back and another back that couldn't beat out Ron Dayne.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #4
Toro
Veteran

I've heard worse ideas however I don't know how much value Lundy would have to the Bears, especially when they have the OTHER Adrian Peterson on their roster, who is more or less a more established version of Lundy.

Davis-Williams, as much as I respect the man, is damaged goods. I doubt Chicago'd be too interested in him.

So, broken down, this is Carr for Griese and Benson. I'm not a prognosticator, but I can't see Chicago breaking down the hatches to make that one..
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

a trade that would probably be more doable would be to send

Sage + another player or a late pick to get Bears to part ways with Griese who knows the system and could compete with Carr.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #6
NATHANHALE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
a trade that would probably be more doable would be to send

Sage + another player or a late pick to get Bears to part ways with Griese who knows the system and could compete with Carr.
JMO, but I don't like this idea. First, I want to see what Sage can do. Second, I don't think neither Carr or Griese is the answer and would not be an upgrade. Third, as other posters have stated, Carr needs a new home.
NATHANHALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #7
A Texan
Veteran

This trade doesn't make any sense. Why would the Bears trade for 2 RB's when they don't have a need there. Besides I'd rather see Domanick in a Texan uniform than a Bears.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2007   #8
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's an idea...trade Carr to Washington for Portis, trade Portis to Denver for Champ Bailey. Everyone is happy. Throw in draft picks/ PTBNL as needed.
Old 01-23-2007   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Trade Carr to Washington for a case of beer sent to TheOgre's house every NFL Sunday for the next 10 years. Sounds like a fair trade, right?
Old 01-23-2007   #10
rafterticket
Veteran

David Carr has no trade value. Everyone knows he isn't wanted (again, I'm a Carr fan and I know this). Why would anyone even entertain the Texans about it?
Old 01-23-2007   #11
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafterticket View Post
David Carr has no trade value. Everyone knows he isn't wanted (again, I'm a Carr fan and I know this). Why would anyone even entertain the Texans about it?
Carr could be a good 2nd or 3rd backup QB somewhere (other than here).
He will never be a starting QB again unless an injury places him there.
When Kubes and Co. took the ball outta Carr's hands for the latter part of the season, that spoke volumes.
Now, let's put these miserable Carr years behind us and move forward, where there is some hope.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #12
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Bud Lite presents, real men of genuis (real men of geniuuuuus)

today we salute you, mr. proposterous trade suggestor. (Mr. proposterous trade suggestoooooooor!)
Old 01-23-2007   #13
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

hmmm i dont like that trade, I am a huge Domanick fan, but honestly with his health problems i dont see them going for it, AND i wouldnt want to get rid of him or lundy, cause though Dayne did an ok job last year, he's not a permanent solution at RB, I see Davis coming back in next year and picking up right where he left off. I am really undecided about whether we should keep carr our not.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Yeah that trade wont work, Kub wont let Davis go anyways, he sees what potential he has.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
The Bears just went to the superbowl with Rex at QB and they have a proven Vet backup.
Bingo!

Why would the Bears want to tie up so much money with a backup QB? It just doesn't make sense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read